What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Dunedin on Mar 8-12, 2017

Meth

Staff member
Yep - and now triply important that we win this test - we rely so heavily on Williamson,. Taylor, Boult and Wagner it's not funny

Hope they resist the temptation to bring in Guptill for #4, someone in the Herald said Broom and Munro were the two options - OMG I hope they're not considering Munro

Broom or Brownlie would be my choice (have them both other Nicholls in a heartbeat) - unless they think de Grandhomme is up to it (which I don't)

Guptill is out- 6 weeks of hamstring rehab.

And yeah...

Raval
Latham
Williamson
Broom
Brownlie

JJ

Immortal
Guptill is out- 6 weeks of hamstring rehab.

And yeah...

Raval
Latham
Williamson
Broom
Brownlie

Well at least the Guptill stuff won't cloud the issue - I suspect they'll keep Nicholls (although why escapes me) - but think your lineup is better wouldn't surprise me to see Brownlie at 4/5 in place of Taylor, he's done well against this lot before, and Philander/Rabada/Morkel etc aren't plodders

Meth

Staff member
I was even open to shifting Latham down to 5, but that might be a bit of a knee-jerk

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez any muppet Aussie fans who reckon Renshaw can't rotate the strike really should be watching Santner....34 deliveries for one scoring shot!

JJ

Immortal
That's a first - hope some idiot didn't schedule a fire drill for the wrong day! Or it's an O-week prank?

Meth

Staff member
A real bummer, as NZ could have snagged a couple of wickets and really had South Africa on the rack.

JJ

Immortal
Bit of damp around in Dunedin this morning, not conducive to cricket or tennis

Iafeta

Referee
Appalling from Latham. In the space of a month he's gone from being a good international cricketer to being a bloke who shouldn't get picked for Canterbury B. What's changed? I've never seen a cricketer go to custard as remarkably quick and as bad as this in all my years. Gav Larsen, if you ever pick this bloke to be the wicket keeper again you need to be sacked instantly. His confidence is now completely shot.

JJ

Immortal
Hindsight is 20:20 I thought Latham keeping was an ok idea ahead of time, nothing has gone well for him since

Iafeta

Referee
This team is absolutely disgraceful at using DRS. Three opportunities, got it wrong three times. Awful cricket from New Zealand.

JJ

Immortal
Two clownish reviews one non review and a spilled catch, brilliant!

Iafeta

Referee
They have an outstanding chance to win a test here, but they have completely ballsed up this session. Appalling cricket. And now Watling drops another. This is his worst test keeping by some margin.