What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Dunedin on Mar 8-12, 2017

JJ

Immortal
There's no other option. Including Taylor. I too couldn't think of any other bowling options. We are very limited beyond Southee, Boult and Wagner. Maybe Wheeler if he's fit? Milnes first class record is decent but he can't stay on the paddock.

I also wonder whether Wagner test form is good enough to be around the ODI team. They've given some flogs a go of late. I think he's grossly underrated. Terrific cricketer.

I am bemused by why Wagner is left out of the shorter forms - he's relentless, can be expensive I guess, and they want someone quick (of course that doesn't account for Wheeler getting a go ahead of him)

I've always thought Henry should be a good test cricketer - so hopefully when he gets his shot next he does well

The lack of depth has been exposed with Southee and Henry dropping in form, and Milne consistently getting hurt - but regardless I thin the bowling is better than the batting - Broom could do ok, dunno, would have used Brownlie myself - and of course Nicholls is already there - we might be assembling a 4-5 punch that rivals Australia's 6-7 of MMArsh and Wade

vvvrulz

Coach
I am bemused by why Wagner is left out of the shorter forms - he's relentless, can be expensive I guess, and they want someone quick (of course that doesn't account for Wheeler getting a go ahead of him)

Wagner could have been a bit of an Andy Bichel, just keeps at them every ball and one day he'll deliver 7-20 in a world cup for you.

I'd have him ahead of Southee for ODIs on guts alone, at least you're guaranteed he won't give up on you. Even batting wise he'd try and get to 50 overs instead of the ol' 6 n out.

Latest posts