1st Test: South Africa v India at Capetown Jan 5-9 2018

Discussion in 'International Game Day' started by TheParraboy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

If im sitting in the electric chair waiting for the pardon to come through, i want lagmeister reading out my last rites. Bloke can churn out some sizeable essays.

hineyrulz, Iafeta and ANTiLAG like this.
  2. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

Are you really sure your life is worthy of a thesis or dissertation though or more of a one - liner?

As a reasonable and passionate cricket fan, I may possibly value cricket pitch discussion more than your last rights. No offence. You're merely discussing your own life in the face of death. I'm talking about cricket. I guess to be certain, when you're facing your last rights, is there a game on, where, and who's playing?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

I think you'll find you've simply misread a perfectly clear post.

Anyway, forgive me if I'll not be lectured on clarity by someone who wrote the abject, migraine inducing mess you posted a few posts previous. It's absolutely no skin off my nose if you don't understand simple English and I'm not on a cricket forum to teach syntax.

Iafeta likes this.
  4. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

Well if that's your attitude, which I find rather rude, please don't attempt to talk me in your attempted version of proper English again.

5. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Haha

Quoted for posterity.

6. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

I'll assume this time that you're talking to the masses and not me. Else I'd have to ask which part of "please don't attempt to talk me in your attempted version of proper English again" you didn't understand?

7. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Well, technically, if I wanted to further this little meltdown of yours, I could for instance say that I'm not attempting to talk to you and am in fact actually talking to you. Albeit in written fashion.

I could also say that you only forbade me from attempting to speak to you in an attempted version of proper English; thus, if I speak to you in proper English, you have yet to forbid that.

Or I could say get over yourself, because you clearly don't know as much as you think you do. It's a forum, princess. Don't like people challenging what you post? Stop posting it!

8. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

So exactly what part of "please don't attempt to talk me in your attempted [this includes any miraculously successful attempts] version of proper English again" did you not understand?

9. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

The part where you assumed I gave a shit, most likely.

What on Earth makes you think that I would care what you want me to do? That's a rather arrogant assumption. Much like your assumption that the mess you wrote earlier in any way constitutes a more "proper English" than the rest of us.

It's very amusing

10. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

Why are you still talking to me?

Which part of "please don't talk to me again in your attempted version of proper English" do you still not have a grasp on?

11. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

I think you're the one failing to grasp something here....

Iafeta likes this.
  12. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

Yes. What on earth you meant in your earlier posts. But I asked you to clarify and you rudely refused. So instead of attempts at conversing with you on the subject matter which would yield the same success as trying to nail custard to the wall, I asked you politely to refrain from conversing with me directly.

But yet you insist.

But what's the point? Why do you insist? You won't answer my earlier clarification questions.

It just seems to me that you want to have the last word in a debate and be disparaging, but not debate the substance of an issue.

That interests me little.

So - again, I politely request that you just stop trying to converse with me.

So here goes yet another attempt "me no speak good England. You not same same as me but different. Shakespeare talk you do. Me no English. Don't talk to me".

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Potentially as rude as suggesting that someone can't speak English because you misunderstood a reasonable post...?

Anyway I get the feeling I'm arguing with someone's great grandmother based on your language, your sheer confusion and your obvious oversensitivity and I'm not really about making 97 year old women upset.

14. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

Is this finally your last word on avoiding my clarification questions? Will you finally stop talking off cricket topics to me now. Or preferably just stop talking to me at all?

No offence was intended if English is your first language. I really don't know you at all. I'm genuinely sorry for you if English is your first language and this is how you write. I understand why you'd be so frustrated.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  15. mave

mave Bench

Antilag had a few too many schooners last night, I'm tipping.

Iafeta likes this.
  16. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

Tl,dr

Hutty1986 and ANTiLAG like this.
  17. JJ

JJ Referee

I guessing they were both on a meth-fueled bender

18. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

VB’s for sure.

19. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Meth’s a good poster I’m sure he had nothing to do with it.

AlwaysGreen likes this.
  20. ANTiLAG

ANTiLAG First Grade

I wish. Not had a beer all summer.