What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 and 2

Stake Removed

First Grade
4 games in we are 2 and 2, and i am quite happy where we are.

The 2 losses the Broncs one couple of penalties, the crucial one being ball kicked into Bird then into Gallen offside, it was clunky game, and we never start season well

The Dragons game nearly got out of it not playing our best but its a derby game those things happen, there 2 tries 1 from kick another they pick up drop ball and score.

Round 2 we destroyed Raiders, Round 4 went through Eels again whose only try from kick and rebound.

Our defence is as good as normal, only tries from kick or dropped ball in last 2 games.

Our attack a little clunky still, but this is probably how we thought it would be.

Our spine, we had to replace a fullback and hooker.

The fullback choice Holmes, only been back 2 games, and game in round 4 first playing fullback for entire game, we have used both Beale and Bird this year.

Hooker Brailey first at top level handling it well, now we have Seggy there to give us 2 pronged attack.

As long as no serious injuries hit, we are going to be right in the comp, and Flanno is slowly getting us up to speed to peak when its important

shaggs

Coach
It's very similar to last year. I'll discipline with and without the ball makes it hard to build pressure.

Once that comes we should start to score some points.

Newcastle next week after a drubbing is important. We should put 40 on them if we are serious

Weaponhead

Coach
Looking at the season as 4 groups of 6 games. The Sharks are slow starters so 3 and 3 after 6 is ok, so long to as the next block is 4 and 2 with a run through the middle of the season. Want to be in a position to challenge for the top 4 in the back end of the season.

This team knows how to win big games. Coming top 6 would give them a shot. Getting Holmes firing at fullback at semi final time will be critical.

Card Shark

Immortal
Let's hope we stay healthy.

Graham had me worried last night with that leg.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a tiny fracture there.

Arnold

Juniors
As lon as we roll newcastlenim oknwith our first 5 games.

I would have had us beating dragons and not Eels in a 3-2 start so all good.