What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 sydney teams grand finals

Then we are guaranteed at least 1 Sydney team.... Sterlo's track record when making predictions is very ordinary.... He's been banging on for years that the Storm are in decline, he predicted Tom Humble would be an Eels halves mainstay for a decade before he diappeared from the face of the NRL after a handful more games.... there's countless more examples....

He was part of the brains trust for the NSW State of Origin triumph in 2017 :rolleyes:

King hit

Coach
If the Storm and the Broncos play in the Grand Final it will be the 3rd all Queensland grand final. The Storm are a de facto Queensland team.

TheFrog

Coach
It makes perfect sense though-

Since 1999 only FOUR Grand Finals have NOT featured the Storm or the Roosters. We now know why the Storm were (and still remain) so successful, which indicates that perhaps the ARLC should take a closer look at the last decades' worth of books over at Bondi Junction?
I don't think they'd find much that isn't legal. What was very enlightening about how the Roosters operate was the fact that they basically engineered a lean season in 2016 by selling off players worth upwards of $2.5m and replacing them with under 20's (perhaps leaner than they planned due to Pearce getting rubbed out). This allows much greater back- and front-ending of contracts. All perfectly legal, other teams do it too, but not to this extent I'd suggest. Similar poor seasons came in 2009 and 2006/7 with successful years intervening. You buy good years by having a bad year every once in a while.

The practice of back ending and front ending really needs to be wiped out. All clubs do it.

flippikat

Bench
This. Would Love to see Cowboys/Warriors/Sharks win one. Only problem i have is when the same teams/coaches win. Which has been the case for the past 7 seasons.

Funny how the NRL has had "fairytale" champions for the last few years.. a drought broken for Souths, and first titles for the Cowboys and Sharks.

It's been nice to see - having the same old domination by Storm, Sea-Eagles, Broncos and Roosters was getting boring.

If they're keeping that trend, all eyes on Parramatta, eh?

Diesel

Referee
Just looking back at the last 10 years and there have only been 3 out of the 10 that the GF has been between 2 Sydney Teams.

Being a sydney sider, there is nothing better for me to see two sydney teams battle it out for the biggest game of the year! Was great in 10 when dragons played Roosters.:D

It also goes to see how dominant the regional teams have been!

Do you prefer two sydney teams or what is your take?
Great insight there Gus, I bet you liked the 03 GF more than the 91 game

Canard

Immortal
Funny how the NRL has had "fairytale" champions for the last few years.. a drought broken for Souths, and first titles for the Cowboys and Sharks.

It's been nice to see - having the same old domination by Storm, Sea-Eagles, Broncos and Roosters was getting boring.

If they're keeping that trend, all eyes on Parramatta, eh?

Only 1 premiership and 2 GF appearances since 2001 for the Broncos. They aren't in the same discussion as the Sea Eagles and Roosters.

Latest posts