What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 harold matthews the best ever to represent tigers!

T

Juniors
this team is so good it would have to be the best ever balmain junior
team.this year i was in the squad and the boys are all good to be around and we are mates which is why we are so successful(only losind 3 games in 3 years. We came into the tournament with odds of 200/1 which was
absurd. Ray windle our coach used this as motivation and we responded
by going through our pool undefeated.We qualified for the semis and were leading those scum bags stgeorge 12-4 at half time but went down 20-12 running into a massive gale like wind that was a 20 point advantage with all our kicks blowing behind us. not to worry though we probably got beat by a better team on the day/ but not better on any other day. There was a huge chance of us making the final.
best players were tohi leha matt ryan yehia sleiman troy adams chris scuglia ali dan dan and 14 year old dane gernhoefer.
results balmain v group 7 WON 30-4
balmain v bulldogs ( what a game i'll never forget) WON 12-8
balmain v roosters (Down 24-6 at half time & won) WON 28-24
balmain v maitland Won 26-10
semi : balmain v stgeorge lost 12-20
We finished on equal points with penrith and we no how good they are
we ended up 6th out of 23 teams but should have been in the final
it was a very hard comp 5 full games in 2 days. Thanks to the parents and dave kelly ray windle stuart stanton darren mclean jason tutt and all the officials! :D 8) [/u]

Tigerpete

Juniors
Well done champ! i remember seeing a few of u guys running around against souths at Leichhardt oval a few months back, certainly seems ur all heading in the right direction.......keep it up!

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Good going young Tigers. Saw you all getting ready to head off on Friday and you looked like a great team.

matty

Juniors
who wrote this report????? i was apart of da team 2.....we were a gun team.. shame bout the wind and injury to cullen..

T

Juniors
hey is this matty ryan?? its me travis who wrote the report.
still cant believe we lost. how is your leg?

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Congratulations fellas, it sounds like you did us proud.

I understand next years Harold Matts will be spread over a few months rather than being a weekend comp like the one that's just taken place. It sounds like a fairer way to determine a champion. Five games in two days, you guys must be buggered!

I'm looking forward to cheering you boys on at Leichhardt next year. Up the Tiges!

brook

First Grade
congrats boys :)

always knew we had a good team this year, for a team with 'no juniors' we seem to be doing alright atm :D

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Well done guys!

I looked at the group draw and you had a tough draw to try and finish in the top 2. Well done guys, not only was the draw tough but playing 4 full games in 1 day showed how tough you guys are!

Well done guys and all the best for the many seasons ahead :D

barrytiger

Juniors
well done to all the players and officials, i heard you were 250-1,hope you silenced a few knockers. 2004 is looking good, :D :D :D :D