What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 team and depth

Simon

Juniors
Just wondering on the depth in all positions for next year

FB- Hornby, Simmons
W- Blacklock, Creagh, Asotasi, Youngquest, Frew, Naiqama, Laloata
C- Gasnier, Cooper, Roberts, D. Howell
5/8th- Barrettt, Greenshields
HB- Firman, Head, Russell
BR- Timmins, Thompson, Perenara, Young, M. Howell, Powell, Payne, Katu, Kite, Fa’logo
FR- Bailey, Rhyles, Long, Sims, Henderson, White
H- Riddell, Gorrell, Withers

I think we look pretty strong in all areas. Hopefully with the depth we have in the back row Kite on't have to be used that much in first grade until he learns how to catch and use his size.

taxidriver

Coach
I think you are being a bit harsh on Kite. His handling was ordinary at the start of the year but for the most part of last season his handling was not a problem.

alive103

Juniors
taxidriver said:
I think you are being a bit harsh on Kite. His handling was ordinary at the start of the year but for the most part of last season his handling was not a problem.

I agree. I think Kite is developing into a decent first grade footballer and could be very valuable for us next year. I like the competition we have now in the back row. It's very encouraging for the future.

Acka

Coach
When you have a look at the players we do have I think in my opinion I think the club has greater depth then they have had for a few years.

Kasper

Bench
Not much depth in the backs...though very strong in the forwards. IMO if Gasneir and Barett don't stay on the field next year yous will struggle in the backs.

KINGLING said:
Not much depth in the backs...though very strong in the forwards. IMO if Gasneir and Barett don't stay on the field next year yous will struggle in the backs.
IMO not too much Gasnier, but i agree with u about Barrett.

1962Dragon

Juniors
In theory we look a little light in the centres, but dont forget that Creagh is going to make a top class centre and there is always Timmins too.

the big question again is the backrow, I have been saying for several years this is our achillies heel.

yes we have purchased some promising players but are they up to scratch.

Justin Poore could be the key.

Z

Juniors
I think we're looking pretty good for 2004.

We can't have such a bad injury run two years in a row.

:D

Princess

Juniors
I am hoping to see more of lee bennett make a bit of an impact this year. he hasnt realy had much chance to shine yet but i am sure he has it in him.

Latest posts