What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra_Eels

Bench
well i know the season is only 3 hours gone but what about early predictions for next year. i reckon the big movers will be wests tigers, they have signed some awesome players. as for premiers, well penrith should be installed as favourites.
CARN PARRA!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Tigers have signed some good players, but i am not going to talk them up because they will take time to gel etc.

But i do think they will vastly improve and should make the Top 8 for the first time. I cant wait for 2004 to start!

In-goal

Bench
i actualy think the warriors will win it next year with the retun of P.J. Marsh and the former London Bronco tony Martin coming to the club to kick the goals.

labinator

Juniors
My tip is cowboys to make the 8. Hope they do as it will be good for the league, and hopefully they will get a channel 9 game

Disco

Bench
This is how i think the odds will start (not how i think teams will go, or how i think the odds should be)

Roosters
Bulldogs
Panthers
Warriors
Broncos
Knights
St George
Canberra
Parramatta
Melbourne
Sharks
Cowboys
Sea Eagles/Tigers

Souths

salivor

First Grade
My final 4 for next year at this stage would be: 1. Warriors, 2. Roosters, 3. Panthers and 4. Raiders.
I really don't see the Bulldogs being back up there as serious contenders. I think Melbourne will only grow under Bellamy and the Knights with Johns for a season could be a threat again. If Seymour gets the number 7 at the Broncos I'd expect them to finish in the top 6 and give the competition a shake up.
This season has been one of the closest I've seen but next year will only get closer IMO. Theres no way anyone could pick the 8 from this far out. Souths, Sharks and Manly will probably be in the bottom 3 but other than that its anyones who wants to stand up and be counted.

olympic park

Juniors
Disco said:
This is how i think the odds will start (not how i think teams will go, or how i think the odds should be)

Roosters
Bulldogs
Panthers
Warriors
Broncos
Knights
St George
Canberra
Parramatta
Melbourne
Sharks
Cowboys
Sea Eagles/Tigers

Souths

you picked melbourne at 10th?? you must have as much faith in them as tipsters did at the start of the year - and we made the finals ahead of some sydney-based team which people predicted!!!

dice

Juniors
Disco said:

Roosters
Bulldogs
Panthers
Warriors
Broncos
Knights
St George
Canberra
Parramatta
Melbourne
Sharks
Cowboys
Sea Eagles/Tigers

Souths

Bulldogs lost a few players and won't be quite so fancied. But I agree the Roosters will be favourites. Rightly so ;-)

I think and hope the Tigers will go close to making the semis. Long overdue.

weasel

First Grade
I think the three teams looking the best placed for next year are the Roosters, Warriors and Panthers. Eels and Dragons should be the biggest improvers but even so it will only bring them level with the Dogs, Broncos, Raiders and Knights so securing a top 8 spot will still be a struggle. Storm, Sharks and the Cowboys will round out the teams competing for the eight. I'm not sold on the Tiger's recruiting spree, I just can't help but think of the Bunnies doing a similar thing a year earlier and going nowhere. Manly and Souths both look like they've got nothing, probably another long year for both clubs. Roosters may very well win next year but in the long term Penrith and Warriors look like the teams to catch for the next two or three years.

Alan Shore

First Grade
1. Canberra
2. Penrith
3. Sydney
4. Melbourne
5. Warriors
6. Cronulla
7. Nth Qld
8. Brisbane
----------------------
9. Newcastle
10. Canterbury
11. Wests
12. Parramatta
13. St.G-Illawarra
14. Manly

15. Souths

Dragonschik

Juniors
I seriuosly can't say anything untill I see how many injuries saints will have at the start of the season, I'm hoping we can have at least 4 of our top 6 players on the feild at once for every game.

Azkatro

First Grade
The grand finalists will be strong again next year, and don't forget the likes of Canberra, Warriors and the Storm who have retained, and in some instances built on, the bulk of successful squads. Penrith have proven the importance of that this year.

Newcastle will again depend on the availability of Johns, but still have a side that can be a threat. Brisbane are very up in the air but will be bolstered if Gorden Tallis has a set of fresh legs. The Dragons and the Bulldogs are teams that are in the "remain to be seen" category.

The top 8 battle will be even more heated than it was this year. The Cowboys, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles and Tigers will all have a big 5 way battle unless one of those teams finds some much needed consistency. All of those sides have varying levels of potential at this stage so it's hard to pick one out. Obviously as a Cowboys fan I can say that their new signings will add to an side that was already of top 8 quality. After the year they've had they'll start to play better and get a few results in those close games.

Also I pick the Cowboys to get their first channel 9 game for 9 years.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Canberra
2. Penrith
3. Sydney
4. Warriors
5. Melbourne
6. Brisbane
7. Newcastle
8. Canterbury/Nth Qld/Wests
----------------------
9. Canterbury/Nth Qld/Wests