What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005/06: Great Goals

westie

Bench
Meh. Good goal. Nothing spectacular though. Lots of space to work with + the keeper was off his line.

Mahon's goal last weekend alone was better.

MONY

Juniors
westie said:
Meh. Good goal. Nothing spectacular though. Lots of space to work with + the keeper was off his line.

MEH!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
westie said:

LOL. Boy, you really have no idea, do you?

If that goal isn't spectacular then what is? Do you see 40 yard run and delicate chip goals every week?

Do you have a link to the goal you suggested is better?

westie

Bench
No I do not. I'm sure it would be out there some where though.

Totti ran into miles of space with a bunch of geniused defenders backing off and even deciding they would be better served marking his team mates. He chipped past a keeper who was so far off his line he must have thought it was halftime. Good goal... not something that made me say wow.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
westie said:
No I do not. I'm sure it would be out there some where though.

Totti ran into miles of space with a bunch of geniused defenders backing off and even deciding they would be better served marking his team mates. He chipped past a keeper who was so far off his line he must have thought it was halftime. Good goal... not something that made me say wow.

Next time a goal is scored from a delicate chip outside the box, let me know. Do you realise how hard it is to lift the ball in exactly the right spot whilst on the run?

If that didn't make you say wow, then you have outrageously high standards.

anjado

Juniors
Thierry Henry's goal in a friendly earlier this season was brilliant
if anyone saw that
and being biased Nigel Reo Coker's against Blackburn

westie

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Next time a goal is scored from a delicate chip outside the box, let me know. Do you realise how hard it is to lift the ball in exactly the right spot whilst on the run?

If that didn't make you say wow, then you have outrageously high standards.

No offense buddy... I'm hardly a crash hot player, but myself and other blokes in my grade scored similar goals this year. I'd much rather a crashing drive, sexy footwork or a curling volley than a casual run through the mid feild with a chip over a keeper who thought he was playing striker.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
westie said:
No offense buddy... I'm hardly a crash hot player, but myself and other blokes in my grade scored similar goals this year. I'd much rather a crashing drive, sexy footwork or a curling volley than a casual run through the mid feild with a chip over a keeper who thought he was playing striker.

:lol:

Things you see all the time. You don't see goalkeepers get chipped outside the penalty box.

NFI.

westie

Bench
True... I couldn't watch myself doing it in the local U/17's and All Age comps with a bunch of other nuffies.

Latest posts