What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Footy Show format...

McLovin

Staff member
Dave Gleeson and the vipers are still there doing all the intros and commercial break music.

Corbin

Juniors
ok so we have 1 hour and 45 minutes to work with each thursday footy show. heres my format:

Hosts: Head host: Matthew Johns co-hosts: Peter Sterling, Paul Harrigan, Mark Geyer, Mario Fenech.

Ussual special guests: Andrew Johns, Jason Stevens, Ryan Girdler.

Also the ussual assortment of comedians and freaks...

0 - 10 min mark: Get the ball rolling, introduce the hosts and talk about what is going to happen on the show.

10 - 20 min mark: have a small joke segment (On the streets with reg or Daredevil duds)

20 - 30 min mark: 1st game preview (friday nights game), talk about key match ups, who to watch, predictions (get the studio audince involved by letting them have a choice between the two teams like "ask the audience" in "who wants to be a millionaire?"),get one or two of the guests to come out and talk about the game and just a general preview of the game. Also tell the people who is playing on the weekend.

30 - 35 min mark: 1st break.

35 - 45 min mark: Joke segment (they have had the break to change). Going Going Goorne is my 1st choice, get the guests out to have a go.

45 -47min mark: have Mario or or a small Hyundai promo so the boys and some guests can get back into their seats ready for the next segment.

47 - 60 min mark: Preview games number 2, 3 and 4, Satuday nights games. same format as friday nights spectacular,have some guests, just trimmed down a notch.

60 - 65 min mark: 2nd break.

65 - 67 min mark: Lady luck, as per program. (try and get recognisable people, not just people off the street).

67 - 75 min mark: preview games number 5, 6 and 7, see above for details.

75 - 78 min mark: introduce and have guest band perform 1st song.

78 - 85 min mark: joke segment, preferably a new one so the audience waits in anticipation.

85 - 90 min mark: 3rd break.

90 - 95 min mark: joke segment, BTB.

95 - 97 min mark: Marios man of the week.

97 - 105 min mark: Have the guest band perform another song, but before that, have the bands schedule on screen and a big "See you next week, here are the ... to perform their song ... to take us out"

Now i know im not a producer but what do you guys think of this format?? any changes??

sounds like a good idea to me

Frailty

First Grade
I like it, but it is unrealistic. One ad after every 30 minutes, although very desirable, is very unpractical and any free-to-air show would not take to it. Especially Channel Nine.

I like Matty Johns hosting, but i think Girdler should be a permenant panelist. Mario has got to go. Keep the bands to finish off the show, and i think maybe get a new up and coming band on the footy show, and advertise any dates that they are playing in clubs.

League of their Own should stay, but get rid of No Talent Time!

Connell said:
ok so we have 1 hour and 45 minutes to work with each thursday footy show. heres my format:

Hosts: Head host: Matthew Johns co-hosts: Peter Sterling, Paul Harrigan, Mark Geyer, Ryan Girdler.

Ussual special guests: Andrew Johns, Jason Stevens.

Also the ussual assortment of comedians and freaks...

0 - 10 min mark: Get the ball rolling, introduce the hosts and talk about what is going to happen on the show.

10 - 20 min mark: have a small joke segment (On the streets with reg or Daredevil duds)

20 - 30 min mark: 1st game preview (friday nights game), talk about key match ups, who to watch, predictions (get the studio audince involved by letting them have a choice between the two teams like "ask the audience" in "who wants to be a millionaire?"),get one or two of the guests to come out and talk about the game and just a general preview of the game. Also tell the people who is playing on the weekend.

30 - 35 min mark: 1st break.

35 - 45 min mark: Joke segment (they have had the break to change). Going Going Goorne is my 1st choice, get the guests out to have a go.

45 -47min mark: have Mario or or a small Hyundai promo so the boys and some guests can get back into their seats ready for the next segment.

47 - 52 min mark: 2nd break

52 - 65 min mark: Preview games number 2, 3 and 4, Satuday nights games. same format as friday nights spectacular,have some guests, just trimmed down a notch.

65 - 67 min mark: Lady luck, as per program. (try and get recognisable people, not just people off the street).

67 - 75 min mark: preview games number 5, 6 and 7, see above for details.

75 - 78 min mark: 3rd break

78 - 81 min mark: introduce and have guest band perform 1st song.

81 - 90 min mark: joke segment, preferably a new one so the audience waits in anticipation.

90 - 95 min mark: joke segment, BTB.

95 - 99 min mark: 4th break.

99 - 101 min mark: Marios man of the week.

101 - 105 min mark: Have the guest band perform another song, but before that, have the bands schedule on screen and a big "See you next week, here are the ... to perform their song ... to take us out"

Now i know im not a producer but what do you guys think of this format?? any changes??

Kick Andrew Johns out and put someone fresh on.

Ray

Juniors
Having both Matthew and Andrew Johns is too much for me. Definitely Andrew shouldn't be on the show.

Stranger

Coach
Increase it to 2 hours.
wasnt that only for last night? its supposed to finish at 11.

Andrew Johns is ok. Muzza is an idiot. Daryl broman waas good at league of there own.

Razor

Coach
wasnt that only for last night? its supposed to finish at 11.

It's supposed to be one and a half hours, but it should be 2 hours. That way Nightline can move to 11:30pm and the AFL show start at midnight.

MILLWALL

Juniors
reporters or hosts langmack robbo and gilmiester get rid of Paul Harrigan and mark geyer :| keep mario snorky and fatty although he sucks

t-ba

Post Whore
Langmack?

Uuuhh...I'm not quite...uhhh...sure...uhhh...if you know...uuhhh...how attrocious he is at...uhhh...public speaking...uhh?

The best format would be no Footy Show.

It's a shocker, a travesty and it's an embarrassment that our sport is associated with such a pathetic debacle.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is that dare devil dudes still on??

If so.......i have a suggestion, stand at the bottom of a port-a-loo and get pooped on :lol:

If they can withstand that, they can with stand anything.

Latest posts