What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Trading

Smartman

Juniors
CyberKev said:
G'Day Smartman.

I'd certainly be happy to get pick 19 + O'Keefe to the club, but that would still leave us short in the ruck department, so they may have to on trade Chapman to get the deal up.

I was willing to accept pick 13 + Shannon Watt for Hay, and while the Roos seem keen on Stacks, I'd be surprised if they'd give up picks 9 & 13, although I'd be rapt if we could get that.

There's still a lot of heat surrounding the 4 club deal, which would bring us picks 13, 14 & 29 in exchange for Hay and pick 22.

This would be fine, particularly if Freo still offered pick 26 for Steven Greene.

The drawback is that if we're not careful, we'll end up with more picks than players we care to get rid of.

As such, I believe Hawthorn would definitely stand firm on Everitt if the Hay deal mentioned above went through.

I would also be rapt to get picks 9 and 13.

A pick 9 will probably net us Jones who could of been eligible in next years super draft and gone top 5.

Cyber, do you think if Everitt gets traded the hawks will use number 3 pick on Patrick Ryder and still pick up Josh Kennedy at 6?

CyberKev

Staff member
Smartman said:
Cyber, do you think if Everitt gets traded the hawks will use number 3 pick on Patrick Ryder and still pick up Josh Kennedy at 6?

The talk has been that they'd try for this scenario anyway.

I doubt Ryder could be a ruckman at AFL level, however, given that he only stands at 195cm.

I'm very keen on Kennedy , but Hurn will almost surely come into consideration if he's there at pick 3.

If, by some miracle we got 9 & 13 from the Kangaroos, I'd take Hurn @3, hope that Kennedy was there @6, then hope that Clark was still around @9. I think the first two are highly probable. Even if Clark was gone by 9, we could always run with Cleve Hughes.

If we also had 13, 22 & 26 (via trading Greene to Freo) then we could aim for Pfeiffer (or equivalent with 13); and the likes of Beau Muston & Robert Warnock with the other picks.

That would realise: 2 forward KPP, 1 quality inside mid, 1 fine ruck prospect, and 2 very good pacy outside mid types.

Sounds too good to be true, which means that it more than likely is :(

CyberKev

Staff member
CyberKev said:
Sounds too good to be true, which means that it more than likely is :(

I got it in one, sob :cry:

13 & 29 are now off the books, as the Kangaroos have given them over to West Coast in exchange for Daniel McConnell + Pick 18.

Nice pick-up by the Kangaroos, as I think the young fellow will fare well back in Victoria.

Hawthorn is now waiting on Freo or the Kangaroos to offer revised deals for Hay.

The Kangaroos are frantically negotiating with Port Adelaide to trade pick 14 + a player for Motlop, but it is the latter aspect of this trade that is holding-up negotiations. The plan is to ontrade pick 14 + pick 18 to Hawthorn in exchange for Hay.

Meanwhile, Freo are keeping pick 10 on the table for Hay, but are trying to add a suitable player to the trade in order to appease the Hawks.

Elsewhere, Teddy Richards has moved from Essendon to Sydney (along with pick 55) in exchange for Picks 19 + 51.

It also appears that Richmond have decided to let Fevola eat cake, and will not be parting with picks 8 & 24 for his services.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Other news is that Brad Green could be the new Fevola type of deal, to Richmond. Melbourne are keeping quiet but it is well known that Green would comand a large salary if traded!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Troy Selwood could end up in Victoria playing for a new side if the deal between Adelaide and Brisbane falls through.

Red Bear

Referee
Rumours that Crawford is off to Essendon or Collingwood - seems senior players dont like clarkson.

CyberKev

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
Rumours that Crawford is off to Essendon or Collingwood - seems senior players dont like clarkson.

Two months back the papparazzi had him being shipped off to Sydney...

This is just more of the same media rumour mongering.

Crawford isn't going anywhere.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Saddington is now with Carlton, Sydney get pick 52
Motlop-Port
Hay-Roos
Pickett-Demons

ALL CONFIRMED TODAY

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Saddington is now with Carlton, Sydney get pick 52
Motlop-Port
Hay-Roos
Pickett-Demons

ALL CONFIRMED TODAY

Where are you getting confirmation of the Hay to Kangas deal?

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Where are you getting confirmation of the Hay to Kangas deal?

It is on the bigfooty website, reported on SEN. It is true

Here are the details

pickett to melb
hay to north
motlop to port
piks 14 and 18

AND nathan lonie - port

as part of the same deal

camsmith

Juniors
Richmond pick up Patrick Bowden (Brother of Joel :D )
For pick 56 and Bulldogs are still going to pay a % of he's salary next year.

I've always wanted him at Richmond, i just think he was born to be a Tiger,so its good to see that he NOW is :D
Lets hope we can play well under TW and along side his brother.. it could prove to be a bargain, or he could be a waste of a pick, either way, we have given basically nothing for him, so there's nothing to lose.

I'm a very happy Tiger :D :D

---

On Pickett to Melbourne.. HAHAH, Whats the odds he'll miss half the season.

And Jade Rawlings to North.. HAHA

Hay being traded for two first round draft pick.. You are kidding me!? Haha.

I'm happy with Richmond's one trade... that's good enough for me! Now onto the Draft.........

(And the traditional trade that didn't go through because they missed the deadline...Port's Toby Thurstans to Hawthorn.. lol, Cant have trade week without that..)

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
Richmond pick up Patrick Bowden (Brother of Joel :D )
For pick 56 and Bulldogs are still going to pay a % of he's salary next year.

I've always wanted him at Richmond, i just think he was born to be a Tiger,so its good to see that he NOW is :D
Lets hope we can play well under TW and along side his brother.. it could prove to be a bargain, or he could be a waste of a pick, either way, we have given basically nothing for him, so there's nothing to lose.

I'm a very happy Tiger :D :D

---

On Pickett to Melbourne.. HAHAH, Whats the odds he'll miss half the season.

And Jade Rawlings to North.. HAHA

Hay being traded for two first round draft pick.. You are kidding me!? Haha.

I'm happy with Richmond's one trade... that's good enough for me! Now onto the Draft.........

(And the traditional trade that didn't go through because they missed the deadline...Port's Toby Thurstans to Hawthorn.. lol, Cant have trade week without that..)

What were Hawthorn going to give up for Thurstans???

They may as well go and join the TAC Cup ... LOL They have very seriously bought into the loser St Kilda (Still waiting to see some real silverware find it's way to the Aints) mentality of bottoming out for years to get early draft picks. Will be definate bottom two next year. They may learn a harsh harsh lesson down the road - Fitzroy had many many talented kids and a couple of Grandfathers on the list ... Look what happened to them ...

-----------------------------------------------

I'm rapt we finally got Pat, and a hell of a lot cheaper than we were going to get him for last year. Pick 56 this year would have been highly speculative. Am happier for Terry & Joel to have a shot at seeing Pat fulfill his potential.

camsmith

Juniors
meltiger said:
What were Hawthorn going to give up for Thurstans???

They may as well go and join the TAC Cup ...

Not totally sure, just got it off the AFL website that they were after Thurstans, don't think they had what they were willing to give Port for him..

Lol, i gotta agree that they should just play in the TAC Cup, im happy TW doesn't have that mindset of bottoming out for 4-5 years and then HOPE those kids turn out to be good players.. they can't think that the Flag will be a given.. they gotta work hard for it have have the right personal at the club, methinks a new coach is what Hawthorn need before they can start thinking of a flag...

I would know a lot more if bigfooty would not bloody stuff up every two minutes!!!

CyberKev

Staff member
Good result for Hawthorn, who maintain an experienced core while continuing to bring in a strong sweep of the best young talent available.

Will need to reconsider options at fullback and full forward for 2006, but have a fab structure coming into place.

Rawlings to the Kangaroos?

We did them a solid the first time around by delivering him to the Hounds.

Perhaps we should have given them Barker as well so that they could have our preferred 2001 model spine for 2006?!

Smartman

Juniors
Hawthorn definately are one of the winners of trade week.

Pick 3 - A KPP or Ruckman

Pick 6 - A KPP

Picks 14,18 and 22 to be used on quick midfielders.

Pick 38 - Travis Tuck

Now we gotta find a fullback.

CyberKev

Staff member
Smartman said:
Hawthorn definately are one of the winners of trade week.

Pick 3 - A KPP or Ruckman

Pick 6 - A KPP

Picks 14,18 and 22 to be used on quick midfielders.

Pick 38 - Travis Tuck

Now we gotta find a fullback.

That would be my thinking too, Smartman.

Expect Boyle to get first crack at fullback. He is a very good tall, but has been luckless courtesy of that badly broken leg and the stress fracture complications that stemmed from it. Croad may need to be pulled back there and can do a good job in the role.

Latest posts