What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Draft

Misanthrope

Staff member
Given that the draft is coming up after Wrestlemania, I figured now might be a good time to discuss possible 'switches'. I'm talking of the big five they announce, not the flurry of unimportant ones that inevitably follow.

TO RAW
Ken Kennedy - Would work great in the live formula, and could work some good programs with guys like Shelton, Carlito, and RVD
Mark Henry - I don't like him, but he could work some moderately entertaining feuds with guys like Big Show.
The Undertaker - Again, he'd work live. Plus Triple H will need someone to feud with after disposing of Cena. Gives Raw another big name.
Lashley: He's a great up and comer who could benefit from programs against guys like Flair, HBK, and HHH (in the long run). Could be the WWE's 'Goldberg'
Super Crazy & Psicosis: Assuming Carlito/Masters take out the gold, Raw will need new teams to feud them with. The Mexicools are hella over and would work some great matches with the two young guns.

TO SMACKDOWN
Chavo Guerrero - He can work a program with Rey, Chavo, or Helms
John Cena - Worked best on Smackdown, and could use the change of scene. Assuming he'll lose the strap, it'd be a good chance for him to do some feuds with guys like Booker T and JBL
Trevor Murdoch - Not a lot going on for him on Raw, so move him to Smackdown where he could do some more singles work
Kane - I assume he and Show will drop the gold at Wrestlemania, so having Kane move to Smackdown could force him to return to regular singles action
Rene Dupree - Give up. Sylvan and Rene are not getting over. Reunite La Resistance and add to the Smackdown tag division

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CWBush said:
Rene Dupree - Give up. Sylvan and Rene are not getting over. Reunite La Resistance and add to the Smackdown tag division

Rene only just got back from a hernia that kept coming back and threatened to end his career. Though I agree, he isn't going to get over as a singles competitor for a long time yet. A long term tag-team that when it breaks up, it actually means something, or having him sleep with a popular wrestler's fiancee is the only way he's getting over.

I'd keep the Mexicools on Smackdown, the Raw tag division is too weak, it would ruin their careers.

Send Masters to SD, push him straight to the top and I think he could get over as a main eventer. I'd leave Lashley on SD, and send Doug Basham to Raw. Re-unite the Bashams, I know they're awful but Raw needs tag teams with a good gimmick and I liked the whole "trading places to steal a win" thing they had going. Other than that, I agree with your trades completely.

Misanthrope

Staff member
and send Doug Basham to Raw. Re-unite the Bashams, I know they're awful but Raw needs tag teams with a good gimmick and I liked the whole "trading places to steal a win" thing they had going. Other than that, I agree with your trades completely.

I'm confused. You say not to send The Mexicools to Raw because the Raw tag division sucks, then suggest splitting its only rising tag team and sending a different Smackdown teama cross?

lockyno1

Post Whore
As long as Cena does not come to Smackdown I am happy.

I'll go with

Smackdown to RAW

Lashley
Finley
JBL

RAW to Smackdown

CCC
Masters
Flair?

The last two of each could be anyone. I am just happy if they leave Cena on RAW so I can watch it sparingly!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Cena is already on RAW, merkin.

Which is exactly where he should stay! I hardly watch RAW (just pick the weeks that I think will be ok), but always watch Smackdown as it is right before the Super 14.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
Given that the draft is coming up after Wrestlemania, I figured now might be a good time to discuss possible 'switches'. I'm talking of the big five they announce, not the flurry of unimportant ones that inevitably follow.

TO RAW
Ken Kennedy - Would work great in the live formula, and could work some good programs with guys like Shelton, Carlito, and RVD
Mark Henry - I don't like him, but he could work some moderately entertaining feuds with guys like Big Show.
The Undertaker - Again, he'd work live. Plus Triple H will need someone to feud with after disposing of Cena. Gives Raw another big name.
Lashley: He's a great up and comer who could benefit from programs against guys like Flair, HBK, and HHH (in the long run). Could be the WWE's 'Goldberg'
Super Crazy & Psicosis: Assuming Carlito/Masters take out the gold, Raw will need new teams to feud them with. The Mexicools are hella over and would work some great matches with the two young guns.

TO SMACKDOWN
Chavo Guerrero - He can work a program with Rey, Chavo, or Helms
John Cena - Worked best on Smackdown, and could use the change of scene. Assuming he'll lose the strap, it'd be a good chance for him to do some feuds with guys like Booker T and JBL
Trevor Murdoch - Not a lot going on for him on Raw, so move him to Smackdown where he could do some more singles work
Kane - I assume he and Show will drop the gold at Wrestlemania, so having Kane move to Smackdown could force him to return to regular singles action

What did Smackdown do deserve to lose their two best young talents, the Undertaker, and 2 of their more over stars, Henry I dont care about, and then they get nothing in return?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CWBush said:
I'm confused. You say not to send The Mexicools to Raw because the Raw tag division sucks, then suggest splitting its only rising tag team and sending a different Smackdown teama cross?

Mexicools to stay on SD because the Raw division is way too bad for a quality pairing like them. Carlito and Masters are both singles workers IMO, no chemistry as a tag team, totally different gimmicks, it's just a way for Vince to keep the tag division alive and not admit it's a total failure. Bashams to re-unite because they are a tag team, they have no chance of being singles workers, ever. Raw needs teams, even bad ones, to give the division credibility. I don't want to see Masters and Carlito held back because Vince messed up the tag division by breaking all the teams up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
What did Smackdown do deserve to lose their two best young talents, the Undertaker, and 2 of their more over stars, Henry I dont care about, and then they get nothing in return?

Well, dislike him though you may, John Cena is still one of the most over and marketable guys going around. Kane's certainly not short on credibility either.

To Smackdown:

Shawn Michaels - Has done a great job putting over all the young talent on Raw. Time for him to do the same for the Smackdown roster.

Kane - Extremely stale and needs a change of scenery. Involve him in a couple more brotherly angles with Taker perhaps. A Kane V Boogeyman fued would be great also.

Masterpiece - Could be interesting seeing him fued with guys like Batista & Lashley down the line.

Rob "Conman" Conway - I really like this guy. But he's simply not getting his dues on Raw..send him to Smackdown and give him more air time..this guy's damn entertaining.

To Raw:

Rey Mysterio - Not really featuring much in the Cruiserweight division these days, and he's been on Smackdown since his WWE debut. Time to unleash him on Raw.

Mr. Kennedy - Agree with threadstarter in that he would be great in that live environment. He cuts the best promos these days. Cant wait till he gets back from injury

Finlay - Badass brawler would fit in well on Raw. Have him fued with RVD in a few hardcore matches.

MNM - I'd like to see these guys take the Raw straps...and i'd also like to see Melina's fine ass in the womens division

Other sh*t i'd like to see is JR to Smackdown and Michael Cole sent into oblivion. oh and Ahsley & Maria to Smackdown to strengthen their TnA department, since they've lost Torrie & Candice and got nothin outta Christie & Stacy.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
Well, dislike him though you may, John Cena is still one of the most over and marketable guys going around. Kane's certainly not short on credibility either.

Not arguing that.

But you cant honestly tell me that Kenny, Lashley, Taker, Henry and Crazy/Psicosis being swapped for Chavo, Cena, Kane, Murdoch and Dupree is fair one.

Thats 2 so called Main eventers in Taker and Henry, 2 future Main eventers, and possibly their 2 most of Cruisers, and if they have any hope of reigniting the cruiser devision its through them being swapped for 1 and a half main eventers, but would probably main event SD and 3 guys that haven't done sh*t in along time or ever in Murdochs case.

Bobby DIGital said:
Finlay - Badass brawler would fit in well on Raw. Have him fued with RVD in a few hardcore matches.

MNM - I'd like to see these guys take the Raw straps...and i'd also like to see Melina's fine ass in the womens division

These are 2 that I think are definites for the Draft this year. I think they'll be keen for Melina to go in the Womens devision and they'll use MnM to reignite the Raw Tag devision.

Bobby DIGital said:
Other sh*t i'd like to see is JR to Smackdown and Michael Cole sent into oblivion. oh and Ahsley & Maria to Smackdown to strengthen their TnA department, since they've lost Torrie & Candice and got nothin outta Christie & Stacy

Id actually like to see JR go back to Raw fulltime, send Joey Styles to Smackdown, then Cole continues to oblivion.

I think SD would suit Styles better, as its alot more fast passed with the Cruisers and alot more Tag action. Plus Id love to see him in with Tazz.

Misanthrope

Staff member
oh and Ahsley & Maria to Smackdown to strengthen their TnA department, since they've lost Torrie & Candice and got nothin outta Christie & Stacy.

Christy Hemme was released a while back, and Stacy is contemplating a permanent move to the dance circuit.

PARANoIR

Bench
Stacy will never be back permanently imo. She's been sent back to Raw regardless, so she won't be on SD.

Shes getting all kinds of offers, so as if she'll be back in the WWE.

Christy's still meant to be turning up in TNA soon with Raven, whether this happens or not is another thing.

Latest posts