What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Fulltime Training Squad

Dogaholic

First Grade
2006 FULLTIME TRAINING SQUAD

bulldogs_logo.gif

The following 28 players are currently in the Bulldogs fulltime training squad. In January, the four Bulldogs players currently on international duty - Andrew Ryan, Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason and Roy Asotasi - will be added to the squad as others move to the part-time training squad.

Chris Armit
Adam Brideson
Daniel Conn
Trent Cutler
Ben Czislowski
Namila Davui
Hazem El Masri
Jon Green
Tony Grimaldi
Jarrad Hickey
Daniel Holdsworth
Corey Hughes
Nick Kouparitsis
Reni Maitua
Dallas McIlwain
Brad Morrin
Nate Myles
Billy Ngawini
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Cameron Phelps
Ben Roberts
Brent Sherwin
Jamie Small
Willie Tonga
Chris Tuatara
Matt Utai
Sonny Bill Williams

leaguerules

Juniors
im personally worried about this five-eight position. Whats everyone thoughts of holdworth cant really think oof match he played. As much i think corey hughes tries hard his not five-8 should concentrate on hooker. i havnt really followed the 1st division/jersey flegg this year whos our youngster 5-8 how does he go.

I know this mite be dumb suggestion but maybe we could consider dykes(he cant be asking for to much money) just as back up in case holdworth doesnt work. Dykes at least has had first grade experience he may work at the bulldog structure.

Dogaholic

First Grade
leaguerules said:
im personally worried about this five-eight position. Whats everyone thoughts of holdworth cant really think oof match he played. As much i think corey hughes tries hard his not five-8 should concentrate on hooker. i havnt really followed the 1st division/jersey flegg this year whos our youngster 5-8 how does he go.

I know this mite be dumb suggestion but maybe we could consider dykes(he cant be asking for to much money) just as back up in case holdworth doesnt work. Dykes at least has had first grade experience he may work at the bulldog structure.

Daniel Holdsworth - I havn't seen too much of him, so I can't really comment. In the one game that I did see him play, I was not all that impressed. Could be suprising though.
Corey Hughes - Keep him away from 5/8. Give him captaincy in PL and let him play out his days.
Marvin Karawana (PL 5/8) - Did ok, but needs more time to develop. Not too sure if he is our answer.
Adam Dykes - Have not really thought of him playing at Belmore. He can be a quality player, might turn out as a wasted experiment though.

I don't think we have a hell of alot of room to move in the cap. I don't think Dykes would be an option at all.

Reni Maitua - Another option right here. Has a great running game which could compliment Shifty's passing and kicking perfectly. He allegedly had a better kicking and passing game than Anasta when they were Juniors...but that counts for nothing now.

Palms

Juniors
Big call saying no other pack in the NRL can match the bulldogs..Tigers, Parra, StGeorge, even Manly all have solid packs..I see them as a very good pack but have to keep all players on the park. Depth is a worry again though..

***MH***

Bench
Phelps for 5/8.... played for NSW u/19s and Junior Roos in that position, as well as thru Jersey Flegg and some of Premier League.... he was up against Thurston in most of 2004 which was why he was pushed to the centres and started as centre for First Grade in his first match up.

Latest posts