What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Storm side

Big_Bad_Shark_f**ker said:
hey remind me again what happened when we played u at olympic park again
if i rmeember correctly luke 'kick into the in goal for another sharks try' covell and brett 'run off me' kimmorley turned up the heat and u guys had no way to cool it down.
30-10 i think it finished up
man did we all celebrate that night

So, Your point is....

Atleast we done one better and got a premiership

Ryan

Juniors
You guys will be awesome next year. I follow Manly, but here is a nucleus of a team for you guys:-

01. Slater
02. Geyer
03. King
04. Inglis
05. Webster
06. Hill
07. Cronk
08. Cross
09. Smith
10. Chan
11. Kidwell
12. Hoffman
13. Crocker

That is NASTY !!!

MONY

Juniors
yeah he is hot and cold imo he can be really agressive and dominant or just seems to get outplayed by better players.

Noa

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
Hi storm supporters, first post but been browsing for a few months. Love my league , always have. Lived in Melbourne for the last three years and recently decided to make the Storm my #1 team after supporting the Broncos since they came into the competition.

Anyway I'd like to give my opinion on the Storm and where they stand in relation to the 06' season. Next year will probably be a very frustrating year in all likelihood with their being three main areas of concern.

i) Can Cronk cover the loss off Orford ? Personally I think he can, though in the long term I believe he's our next 5/8 after Scott Hill leaves. His running game is more suited to standing 2 off the ruck and the space that gives you. I'm really not concerned about Orford leaving as Scott Hill has been making him look better than he really is just like he did with Kimmorley.

ii) Ill-Discipline. This is the aspect of the storms game that will make or break thier season. The storm will have 4-5 players in their top 17 who have a reputation for ill-discipline i.e. Kidwell, Donnelly, Ben Cross, Kaufusi and Michael Crocker. If they can cut down on the unneccesary penalities they they are talented enough to claim a top four spot as long as........

iii)..... One off our front rowers elevates his game. We need one off our props to step - up and fill Kearns's place. Whether that its in the shape off Dennis Scott ,Garret Crossman or Feeney playing the role off steadying influence similar to 'Bobbies' role or Cross, White or Kaufusi going to a new level. Personally I think Kaufusi is the X factor. He's been in the system for 3 years now and even though he'll be only 22 next year its time for him to become an start fulfilling his promise. Craig Bellamy should give him first crack at a starting position next year and see if he rises to the challenge.

It will also be interesting to watch Michael Crocker next year. Now that he has a great coach who should get him to forget about trying to be an enforcer and become a great running 2nd rower. If he puts it all together he'd probably rate only behind Nathan Hindmarsh and Ben kennedy amongst back rowers in terms off being the complete package. You only have to see his form in SOO to see the type off player he can be.

So what will be our starting team next year , heres my side with a small critque on some players

Fullback) Billy Slater - Important year for Billy, can he tighten up his defence and become a complete fullback. If not he wont play SOO again and might even find his spot under threat from Steve Turner.

Winger) Matt Geyer - Should be his last year and doesnt deserve to spend it on the bench. -well done Boof, you deserve another 2 years

Winger) Jake Webster

Centre) Matt King - Needs to get more involved. Should watch some videos of Wendall Sailor to see how a big fast man can help out his forwards.- Hasnt scored the tries but has become a better player

Centre) Greg Inglis - This a better position for him and the team. Will get more 1 on 1 oportunities in the centres. In 2 years time will be the best back in the game. Should be given the gk responsibilities. Headed for a great,great career. Long term tip- Barring injuries should finish as he greatest point scorer in Rugby League history.

5/8) Scott Hill - started off poorly, but Scotty, bravo, your play, particularly in defence has been exceptional.

1/2 back) Cooper Cronk

Lock) Dallas Johnston

2nd Rowers) Michael Crocker
Ryan Hoffman- Important year. Needs to cut out the miracle pass he looks for to often and increase his workrate in defence. - dont plan anything in October Ryan, your country is calling. Player of the Year for mine considering how far he's come in his game.

Props) Brett White and Antonio Kaufusi.

Hooker) obvious.- Now a top 5 player

Bench.
Steve Turner - can cover the backline postions. e.g. Hoffman comes off Hill goes to lock and geyer goes to 5/8. In the Robbie Ross mould.
Ben Cross.
David Kidwell
Dennis Scott

Then a mix of Feeney, Crossman-as far as Im concerned been a rock in the middle for us, Donnelly and some of the younger players applying pressure to get in the team.

Peace.

Not looking to give myself a wrap (yes I am) but I thought it would be interesting to look at our thoughts of how the mighty Storm would go this year seeing Belly-ache has put the Ferrari back to down to third and we're cruising to a minor premiership.

So I would like to give a shout out to Ryan Hoffman, Antonio Kaufusi, Mick Crocker, Steve Turner, Jake Webster, Garret Crossman, Cooper Cronk, David Kidwell, Ian Donnelly and Scott Hill for being the players who have elevated there play that has enabled us to make 2006 a watershed moment in the history of the Melbourne Storm and importantly Rugby League.

Latest posts