What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jersey Flegg Gains and Losses

MrCharisma

Bench
Mark Edmondson at the Roosters has been released

Chris Tuatara is a LOSS for the Bulldogs, not a gain

girvie

Staff member
MrCharisma said:
Mark Edmondson at the Roosters has been released

Chris Tuatara is a LOSS for the Bulldogs, not a gain
Thanks.

Is Edmondson released for next year only or has he gone mid-season? Do you have a link?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Unknown for 2007:
Ben Farrar, Krisnan Inu, Matt Keating, Brendan Oake, Zeb Taia, Justin Tsoulos, Michael Vella, Daniel Wagon

are all still under contract

Jimmy Storer and Jeremy Smith have both been given offers by Parra but are seeing what else is out there before re-signing

girvie

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Unknown for 2007:
Ben Farrar, Krisnan Inu, Matt Keating, Brendan Oake, Zeb Taia, Justin Tsoulos, Michael Vella, Daniel Wagon

are all still under contract

Jimmy Storer and Jeremy Smith have both been given offers by Parra but are seeing what else is out there before re-signing
Thanks for that.

I have heard a few rumours about Parramatta players including:
Jack Afamasaga to Melbourne
Brett Delaney to Gold Coast or Cronulla
Feleti Mateo to South Sydney
Adam Peek to retire
John Williams to Manly or Wests Tigers.

Hurriflatch

Referee
At one stage it looked like Afasmsaga, Z.Taia and W.Hauraki were all going to go to Melbourne but Taia and Hauraki have since been retained so maybe Jack will need to make the trip himself.

Delaney and Williams both have offers on the table but also want to play 1st grade and with Burt, Grothe, Hayne, B.Smith, Tahu, Inu and Reddy as well as possible signings outside the players already at the club already fighting for the 2 centre, 2 wing and fullback positions it might mean they'll go elsewhere although I'm led to beleive Williams looks like staying now.

brook

First Grade
Unknown for 2007:
Dean Caldwell (Five-Eighth), Ewan Cameron, Rangi Chase (Hooker/Halfback), Michael Crockett (Centre/Wing) #, Jarrod Farlow (Lock/Second Row), Keith Galloway (Prop) #, Thomas Gemmell (Second Row/Prop), Rodney Griffin, Bronson Harrison (Lock/Centre) #, Michael Howell (Lock), Ben Jeffrey (Wing/Centre) #, Stacey Katu (Prop), David Marando (Fullback), Shannon McDonnell (Fullback) #, Tevita Metuisela (Second Row), Sam Moa (Prop), Corey Niwa (Wing), Jamie Nowland (Five-Eighth/Hooker), Ronald Prince (Wing/Fullback), Ben Reynolds (Halfback/Five-Eighth) #, Jono Rolfe (Five-Eighth), Frank Samia (Centre/Wing), Jarrod Saffy (Second Row/Prop) #, Alan Schirnack, John Sinisa (Wing), Peter Taylor, Atelea Vea.

Galloway is on a three year deal with wests so he'll be sticking around for next year, pretty sure Bronson and Jeffery are both contracted for next year as well butnot certain with those.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
girvie you should be right to change as per following

Wests Tigers
Contracts end 2007 season

Ben Jeffrey, Bronson Harrison, Rodney Griffin*, Jarrod Farlow, Dean Caldwell, Shannon McDonnell and Tevita Metuisela

Contracts end 2008 season

Rangi Chase and Keith Galloway

* = looking at being upgraded to Wests Tigers scolarship till the end of 2008

It also looks like Sam Moa and Jarrod Saffy will also be at the club till 2008

Stuart

Juniors
Glen Buttriss, Brad Cross and Weyman aare all at canberra till 2008.

Uelese Faumuina was released earlier in the season over an alledged alcohol fuelled incident, no idea where he is now but he isnt playing for canberra. Would be a very good pick up for any club, a very talented young front rower.

brook

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
girvie you should be right to change as per following

Wests Tigers
Contracts end 2007 season

Ben Jeffrey, Bronson Harrison, Rodney Griffin*, Jarrod Farlow, Dean Caldwell, Shannon McDonnell and Tevita Metuisela

Contracts end 2008 season

Rangi Chase and Keith Galloway

* = looking at being upgraded to Wests Tigers scolarship till the end of 2008

It also looks like Sam Moa and Jarrod Saffy will also be at the club till 2008

we did end up re-signing Caldwell? Thats good news, as worried as I am about his knee I'd rather give him the benefit of at least one more year.

Griffin certainly deserves to be in the next batch of wt apprentices - from the Balmain side I'd be hoping that its Griffin, Farlow and Eshy that get the nod.

Lets hope we get Moa and Saffy signed SOON - I don't like the idea that they are currently free agents, both are far too good esp. when there is as shortage of good props on the market.

Stagger eel

Staff member
very well done..Girvie, extremely comprehensive.

As Flatch says, John Williams at this stage is staying at the club and Feleti Mateo told me himself that he'd probably re-sign for Parramatta.

girvie

Staff member
eelavation said:
rumoured.

James Maloney - Parramatta.

girvie, what can you say about him??
Halfback or five-eighth. He has stepped up to PL from JF this year and has been playing pretty well.

But i don't know where he would be in the pecking order at Parramatta, probably behind Green.

Stagger eel

Staff member
girvie said:
Halfback or five-eighth. He has stepped up to PL from JF this year and has been playing pretty well.

But i don't know where he would be in the pecking order at Parramatta, probably behind Green.

cheers mate.

NikkiShark

Juniors
girvie said:
Unknown for 2007:
Russell Aitken (Five-Eighth/Halfback), Greg Bird (Lock), Jardine Bobongie (Five-Eighth/Wing), Ryan Borg (Halfback), Leon Bott (Wing), Mitch Brown (Wing), Cameron Ciraldo (Lock/Second Row), Nick Doig (Hooker), Brett Finn (Hooker), Carl Fritz (Wing), Luke Harlen (Second Row/Prop), Matt Hilder (Lock/Five-Eighth), Brett Kearney (Five-Eighth), Brett Kelly (Centre), Tom Kerr (Centre/Wing), Toshio Laiseni (Fullback), Jeremy Latimore (Prop), Phil Leuluai (Second Row), Rhys Lovegrove (Lock/Centre), Hutch Maiava (Prop), Clifford Manua (Prop), Darren Mapp (Second Row), Peewee Moke (Centre), Dane Nielson (Wing), Ben Pomeroy (Second Row), Kurt Puohotaua (Lock/Centre), Reece Robinson (Halfback), Travis Robinson (Centre), Leonard Ropeta (Lock/Second Row), Brodea Sanders, Jacob Selmes (Prop), James Stosic (Prop), Sitaleki Timani, Richard Villasanti (Prop), Dayne Weston (Second Row).
bold red = off contract
bold blue = under contract

Greg Bird; 2009
Cameron Ciraldo, Darren Mapp; 2007
Ben Pomeroy; 2008

not sure about the rest

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well if thats the case

and the rumours that Jeremy Smith is following JT to the Bunnies

I'd say he is being looked at as J.Smith's replacement