What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008/09 Champions League

Syko

Juniors
Well done Barca. Thoroughly outplayed us and got hte result they deserved. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what Sir Alex's intention was. The only thing I know is it wasn't to send Manchester United out to play the football Manchester United usually play. Not that it would have mattered, I'm thinking. Once Barca got their first goal, they relaxed and kicked into gear, and we couldn't respond. Might have been different had the rebound from the early Ronaldo free kick fallen differently, but you don't get too far with "might haves" and "should haves".

Again, congratulations to Braca, deserved Champions of Europe.

as soon as the fake ronaldo was on the field, they already lost. Time to offload him for a stupid price tag to madrid.

Jason Maher

Immortal
as soon as the fake ronaldo was on the field, they already lost. Time to offload him for a stupid price tag to madrid.

Showing your increidble intelligence again I see. Ronaldo was our best player out there by a mile. The only other United player who could have legitimately not hung his head was Van Der Sar, who did well considering the wonderful support he received from his back four.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
ronaldo was useless.... he played for himself and not the team... he had 3 opps he could have set his man up and chose to shoot for himself instead

Ridders

Coach
ronaldo was useless.... he played for himself and not the team... he had 3 opps he could have set his man up and chose to shoot for himself instead

I'm assuming your talking about the time when he had all the defenders on him, with Park peeling out on the right wing unmarked. At the time he took the shot i thought it was a pretty selfish play, as Park would have gone unimpeded into the box. To be fair, one moment doesn't define a game. He was the one United player that even looked like scoring. How bout Carrick taking that air swing on the ball in the Barca box right after Messi's goal. That was a big moment.

Latest posts