What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Footy Show Chat Thread

gong_eagle

First Grade
Its Back tonight with fatty, Laurie Daley, Cheif, Matty and Andrew Johns and also the Return of Sterlo

will be interesting to see if it is going to be the same old crap or whether they actually talk some league :lol:

lotti

Bench
the return of Sterlo makes it worth watching but the Johns brothers cancels Sterlo out. One of the advantages of being in Victoria, delayed coverage of the NRL Footy show so you get to find out if it's actually worth watching.

perverse

Referee
i hate to say it.. but i read an article the other day in the telegraph (i didn't buy it or anything.. it was on the train.. i was on the train.. so i picked it up and read it - sue me) that stated that the footy show were going to try and LIGHTEN IT UP and add more comedy as they thought it had been TOO SERIOUS the past few years. naturally i had a laugh... but geez, what are they thinking???

the return of sterlo does fill me with a little hope though.

strewth_mate

Bench
I apologise in advance on behalf of Newcastle for the continued presence of a Novocastrian majority on the panel. We don't exactly like the love-in either, frankly it's embarrassing.

gong_eagle

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
I apologise in advance on behalf of Newcastle for the continued presence of a Novocastrian majority on the panel. We don't exactly like the love-in either, frankly it's embarrassing.
:lol:
even Sterlo lives up there too Now

perverse

Referee
strewth_mate said:
it is embarrassing isn't it... :(

Tipster

Bench
Most likely going to be the same drivel. Wasn't this show supposed to be canned over the off season and Fatty given the flick by channel 9?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
perverse said:
i hate to say it.. but i read an article the other day in the telegraph (i didn't buy it or anything.. it was on the train.. i was on the train.. so i picked it up and read it - sue me) that stated that the footy show were going to try and LIGHTEN IT UP and add more comedy as they thought it had been TOO SERIOUS the past few years. naturally i had a laugh... but geez, what are they thinking???

the return of sterlo does fill me with a little hope though.

The telecrap has a natural hate for the footy show..why would you believe the crap it says?

All hail sterlo btw.

Apey

Staff member
Don't really mind the Newy guys on the panel.. but it's certainly horrible to watch when the love-in begins.

Hope Sterlo makes it bearable.

Mr Saab

Referee
gunning_for_panthers said:
The telecrap has a natural hate for the footy show..why would you believe the crap it says?

Cause i read the same article and there were quotes from one Matthew Johns stating that.
This show will be an utter disaster with the characters they have assembled.

Mr Saab

Referee
wittyfan said:
I just hope there's some effort at least to try and change the show.

They have been down this path a 1000 times in the past. The show is a train wreck.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Great, i love these threads

People will "never watch again" and then give a blow by blow account of the show each week :lol:

petetheileet

First Grade
The last couple of years the show has smacked with effort to try and be comedic, in the old days they talked footy and the funny moments just happened and were natural....i would like the return of that!

Digeze

Juniors
....Nobody likes, nobody likes, nobody likes a bogan.....

Johns, Johns, Chief, Fatty, Sterlo, Daley....surely they aren't all on the panel every week, isn't that a bit of overkill?

They keep mentioning Daley's "initiation" tonight so i expect him to be on the end of a few tests/pranks......basically same old same old from the Footy Show.