What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 NSW Cup Grand Final :: Newtown v Wentworthville @ ANZ

NSW Cup 2008 Premiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what is it about these two teams ?

we saw the same thing about two years ago I think, a drop kick-a-thon that no one wanted to win

bad luck to the Jets, great game

fourplay

Juniors
That was a shocker. No wonder all the clubs are linking with QRL clubs. :shock:

You could record the 10 worst televised field goal attempts of all time out of that game alone. F*ckin aweful kicks. The second they thought to go for a try they score.

LOL yeah but still it was honestly one of the most enjoyable games I've seen. Some of the comments from Vossy/Johns/Ikin were hysterical. :lol:

girvie

Staff member
I thought it was a great game aside from the field goal attempts.

Newtown's defence was sensational on their goal line.

Broderick Wright and Joe Galuvao were strong in the forwards for Wenty, Etu Uaisele was very good and James Maloney had produced some great kicks to get some repeat sets.

For Newtown i thought Don Thompson, Sean Rudder and Steve Meredith were strong.

It's a pity for Newtown but they certainly had their chances.

mightybears

Bench
congrats to Wenty, considering the chances blown by the magpies i felt the Jets were going to get up at the death, and field goal practice for all. A.Voss was right about scanning the bench for Ken Wilson, funniest match i've seen in years.

Bow_rider

Juniors
That was a shocker. No wonder all the clubs are linking with QRL clubs. :shock:

You could record the 10 worst televised field goal attempts of all time out of that game alone. F*ckin aweful kicks. The second they thought to go for a try they score.
Manly got smacked the week before.If the Q cup is what you think it is then sunshine Coast will come last.

Deadly

Juniors
Manly got smacked the week before.If the Q cup is what you think it is then sunshine Coast will come last.

Exactly.

The perception that the QLD Cup is stronger than the NSW Cup is a myth despite the dour nature of yesterday's GF.

Souths Logan were perennial wooden spooners until they joined with Canberra (who had hardly made an impression in NSW Cup/Premier League in recent seasons).

On average the NSW Cup contains over 40 players each weekend with NRL experience compared to about 25-30 in the QLD Cup.

That said the QLD Cup is a great comp and hopefully with some extra promotion and profile the NSW Cup will be viewed in a similar vein in years to come.