What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup FINAL - Australia v New Zealand *Match Thread*

JB

Juniors
Hmm... best Aussie team ever? Please.

To be fair the walkovers the Aussie's had leading up to this game did them no favours. Under sustained pressure there was always going to be mistakes in a relatively young team. For the first time tonight another team managed to apply exactly that, and a lot of players we're found wanting.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Ricky Stuart... bringing that Cronulla culture to the Aussie team :lol:

Well done NZ, the Aussies weren't up for it when another team aimed up.

The Clan

Juniors
International Rugby League is alive and well! Congratulations to NZ. A couple of the decisions by Klein were hard to understand i.e Marshall losing the football forward and Klein calling play on but thats footy. What lost Australia the game was Thurstons crap kicking game in the first half. And a tip for Williams for the future DONT RUN OUT ON THE FIRST TACKLE YOU GOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ball was clearly stripped, all the tv replays showed that Klein ( who is someone I despise) got it absolutely correct.

The penalty try was a little more controversial but not by much. Good to hear the King say it was a fair decision, I remember the Roos getting out of a sticky game courtesy of a penalty try to Wally in 86.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
There was also the Penalty Try which IMO wasn't a penalty try. Definitely a penalty and sin binning of Monaghan - but not a penalty try. It was 50-50 on whether Slater or the Kiwi would get to it.

You sir, are on drugs.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Even when coaching across the ditch he is still owns Suncorp doesnt he

Except the last 5 or so times that Saints have played there. Oh well. If you can't beat them......

Congrats NZ. I couldn't be prouder than I am tonight to be a Kiwi.

KIA KAHA!

bobbis

Juniors
Congrats NZ thouroughly deserved the win. No point blaming the ref he didn't decide the game, though I did think 1 NZ try was a clear knock on. The penalty try was the right decision, he was lucky not to be sent to the bin too, it was blatant.

Playing Monaghan a center on the wing in my opinion was a massive mistake, in the last 4 matches he wasn't tested. It showed for mine that NZ targeted him with kicks all night and it paid dividends.

Slater's brain explosion... certaintly the wankathon over slater from Rabs over the last few weeks blew up in his face, best fullaback ever, not even in the same ballpark. He'll have to to show greater safety in addition to his obvious flair if he wants to retains his rep spots.

Inglis and Thurston went missing in action a little.

Why was Fitzgibbon selected he's clearly past it. We needed another prop. The forwards didn't set the platform, expected the win to come to easily.

Stuart was clearly owned tonight by a superior coach, that may well be the end of Stuart's tenour as coach, Australia doesn't tolerate failure. I think Bennet should be applauded for how he's helped the international game.

obsulete

Juniors
I not long got back from Chad Reeds' Super X, so I apologise, but when I got home my flatmate, a kiwi, told me Aussie lost 34-22.. then he went to bed so every 10 mins i went and punched him in the leg telling him he was soft and a liar.. then what the hell.. NZ kicked ass.. I'm in shock!!

effnic

Bench
Wow Kiwis were outstanding, just brilliant. Without doubt one of the bravest performances I've ever seen. Great.

Did Glen Stewart play? And was there any reason Australia gave Inglis almost no ball? It seemed like we played almost exclusively down the right hand side.

Amazing stuff.
:lol: I found that very funny. So by you not noticing if G. Stewart was playing was his fault. But you not noticing if Inglis was playing was the rest of the Australian teams fault. Give your self an uppercut.....make it 3.

As George Gregan said in 2003, "4 more years boys, 4 more years", although in this case it will be 5 more years :D

The Kiwis, World Champions until at least 2013.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Looked a little off pace out there to me did old Fitzy. Happy when Sika put him on his arse tho.

WE are the World Chamipions...still hasnt registered...

Latest posts