What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
I know parra has been in great form and all...

BUT if they manage a win next Sunday, will it go down as the greatest upset in grand final history?

I reckon it would be right up there.

Ridders

Coach
Wouldn't be one of the great upsets. More like one of the great Finals runs. Think about it, if they beat the Storm, that will mean they'd have beaten every team in the Top 4 in this Final's series. Thats pretty amazing

Eelectrica

Referee
Bulldogs beating Manly in '95 i think it was Would have been a big upset wouldn't it? Manly that year only lost about 2 games that year.

Garts

Bench
I have members tickets for the game. Anyone know if you get access to a members bar? Hopefully the ques wont be as long for beers.

The win will come from the team that can soak up the pressure in the first 20mins and keep their gameplan simple.

I reckon Parra will throw everything at Storm in the first half and gaps in the ruck will appear in the second half. This is when the likes of Smith, Hinchcliffe, Blair will look to pop passes and catch Parra out of position.

Should be a good game...Inglis cannot go MIA.

Storm by 8.

Eelectrica

Referee
The win will come from the team that can soak up the pressure in the first 20mins and keep their gameplan simple.

I reckon Parra will throw everything at Storm in the first half and gaps in the ruck will appear in the second half. This is when the likes of Smith, Hinchcliffe, Blair will look to pop passes and catch Parra out of position.

Should be a good game...Inglis cannot go MIA.

Storm by 8.

What I'm hoping for, from a parra perspective is our offloading style wears the Storm out and we finish on top in the second half. If we're close or even in front at the half I think we can win it in the second.

Of course if the passes don't stick then you guys could wrack up a cricket score.

But yes this really should be a great game I really don't think it will be a blow out one way or the other.

Carnifex

Juniors
Sucks so much that sika will miss it. Sika and Moi Moi going full pelt at each other would have been the awesome.

What I'm hoping for, from a parra perspective is our offloading style wears the Storm out and we finish on top in the second half. If we're close or even in front at the half I think we can win it in the second.

Of course if the passes don't stick then you guys could wrack up a cricket score.

But yes this really should be a great game I really don't think it will be a blow out one way or the other.

I actually think that you guys will want a good lead going into half time...Storm put teams away in the last 20mins of a game normally. Their 2nd half efforts win them a lot of games.

Eelectrica

Referee
I actually think that you guys will want a good lead going into half time...Storm put teams away in the last 20mins of a game normally. Their 2nd half efforts win them a lot of games.

Well we'll want one, but I don't think we'll get one.

This one might well come down to the final 5 minutes. our second halves have been our strength as well. Close at half time and finishing teams off at the back end.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

So do Parra, we have only had 6 points put against us in the 2nd half in our last three games. There was a 6 week period towards the end of the season where we only had like 18 points combined scored against us in the 2nd half.

Latest posts