What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood v St Kilda

Pick the Winner

• Collingwood

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Skinner

Coach
no one is forcing them to go

would you mind if the NRL season was extended by a week and gave us 2 GFs

personally I think the fans benefit from this, i would if my team were playing again next week

No, I disagree Twizz. Every grand final should have a result. My perfect world would be a draw in round play, and extra time/GP in the finals.

Chook Norris

First Grade
what would've happened if there was a draw in the preliminary final? would they replay that as well and grant the other gf team an extra week in preparation?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Prelim finals have different rules- extra time is played 5 minutes each way.

I like the draw. I has happened 3 times in 113 years, it is unlikely to happen again in our lifetime. Just let it be. Yes it was an empty feeling, but a draw is a result. I favour the Pies in a replay though- they can't kick any worse!

I like the draw. I has happened 3 times in 113 years, it is unlikely to happen again in our lifetime. Just let it be. Yes it was an empty feeling, but a draw is a result. I favour the Pies in a replay though- they can't kick any worse!

I favour the Saints in the replay and that is the whisper in Melbourne today as well...they reacted a lot more positively to the draw than the Boganpies and they will not allow the Pies to get away to a big margin like they did this week.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We will see. Collingwood's best is better than St Kilda's best, and SURELY they won't let Goddard roam around like a seagull all day again. I fully expect Davis to be punted for Goldsack or Lockyer this week.

The Pies would rather be underdogs- St Kilda always fail when favourites!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes they will, yet to be announced though- will be released with the rest of the announcements on Tuesday afternoon!

Can't wait to go to the replay. Flights are already booked.

meltiger

First Grade

3 times in 113 years :crazy: Would help if they had played GF's in that time.

It's happened 3 times in 40 years, not 113.

The AFL and their cheer squad have embarrassed themselves over the past 48 hours.

Xman

Bench
I also like the replay for the draw. Full time couldn't split them. Time to reload and start again.

If there was extra time what would happen if they were tied at the end of that? And again?

As mentioned, it's far more unlikely to occur in AFL than almost any other sport given the many combinations of score possibilities and the high scoring nature. Why make an unlikely event decided by a fluke in extra time?

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah my bad, I thought they had two in the 70's like the NSWRL did.

So 3 in 60 years, not 113.

& don't bullsh*t, they have not had Grand Finals since 1897

STFU

Juniors
3 times in 113 years :crazy: Would help if they had played GF's in that time.

It's happened 3 times in 40 years, not 113.

The AFL and their cheer squad have embarrassed themselves over the past 48 hours.

Why have they embarrassed themselves? The rules state that at the end of the game if the scores are tied a replay is on the cards, clear as daylight. Everyone knew it. So what if other codes decide their game on the day, this is what is unique about Aussie Rules, it's not NFL, MBL or NRL

Why do you find it so difficult to accept aussie rules is it's own game, it doesn't have to follow suit with a game you are familiar with

You mock the game in your posts constantly seeking pats on the back:roll:

Ps

First play off for the premiers was in 1898 and yes in the comps existence (113 years) there have been 3 draws in the main final

meltiger

First Grade
Why have they embarrassed themselves?

#1 - "It's un-Australian" - Get the f**k outta here
#2 - Making up rules on the run. It's un-Australian to play extra time, but on Saturday we will be having extra time if a draw occurs again? ..... :lol:

You keep buying the propaganda fool, some of us prefer to think for ourselves.

You mock the game in your posts constantly seeking pats on the back:roll:

As a 17 game member of Richmond, with the top category reserved seat, social club upgrade who is about to agree to upgrade to a cotorie level membership package next season, yes, I feel I have every right to criticise the game when they make dicks of themselves.

PS... I also hold EJ Whitten Social Club status at the Western Bulldogs.

First play off for the premiers was in 1898 and yes in the comps existence (113 years) there have been 3 draws in the main final

They have not played Grand Finals for 113 years. Don't lie.

They have also had 3 draws in 60 years.

With the advent of the disgusting game style that Paul Roos and his disciples have inflicted on the sport, the possibility of it happening again in future grows each year.

STFU

Juniors
Un-Australian?? WTF r u on about?

They r the rules, always have been!

I said main final NOT grand final, there is a difference

And it's 3 in 113 years of the comps existence, simple concept to understand

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
Un-Australian?? WTF r u on about?

Given you are regurgitating the bullsh*t eminating out of Victoria over the last 48 hours, you know damn well that's the BS line that they have been spinning.

They r the rules, always have been!

That's great.

I said main final NOT grand final, there is a difference

So you accept, they have NOT played Grand Finals for 113 years.

And it's 3 in 113 years of the comps existence, simple concept to understand

No, it's 3 in 60, or 63 if you want to get technical. Not my fault you can't count.

Although given your ability to type in sms langauge, maybe your lack of mathematical ability shouldn't suprise me?

When do school holidays end kiddo?

STFU

Juniors
Given you are regurgitating the bullsh*t eminating out of Victoria over the last 48 hours, you know damn well that's the BS line that they have been spinning.

That's great.

So you accept, they have NOT played Grand Finals for 113 years.

No, it's 3 in 60, or 63 if you want to get technical. Not my fault you can't count.

Although given your ability to type in sms langauge, maybe your lack of mathematical ability shouldn't suprise me?

When do school holidays end kiddo?

What is wrong with you? do you actually r e a d what you post?

The amount of times some poster has pulled you up on your lack of comprehension in your posts is laughable...

Keep going nuffy :lol:

meltiger

First Grade
What is wrong with you? do you actually r e a d what you post?

The amount of times some poster has pulled you up on your lack of comprehension in your posts is laughable...

Keep going nuffy :lol:

lol

So which BF troll are you? Own up. My money is on you being an Essendon supporter but I'm open to be suprised.

Seriously, f**k off if you can't debate the issue. I didn't attack one single individual in this thread, yet you come in and launch at me. Be a man and own up to whoever the f**k you are coward.

I may troll incessantly at times, bar for one recent effort on a board I'm banned on, at least I'm not a coward hiding behind an alias...

PS 1948... 2010 = 63 seasons ...

Last edited:

Stylus

Juniors

The first AFL Grand Final was played in 1898... You can't just claim GF's started 60 years ago to boost your argument. Why don't I just claim that it is actually 0 drawn GFs from 29 years as no drawn GF occured between 1948 and 1977? :roll:

Nice logic kid.

meltiger

First Grade
The first AFL Grand Final was played in 1898... You can't just claim GF's started 60 years ago to boost your argument. Why don't I just claim that it is actually 0 drawn GFs from 29 years as no drawn GF occured between 1948 and 1977? :roll:

Nice logic kid.

Another troll, FMD

Have they had 3 drawn GF's in 63 years? Yes/No ?

PS - Boosting would be defined by those using seasons where Grand Finals weren't played in their 'statistics'

PPS - The first AFL Grand Final was in 1990

Stylus

Juniors
Another troll, FMD

Have they had 3 drawn GF's in 63 years? Yes/No ?

PS - Boosting would be defined by those using seasons where Grand Finals weren't played in their 'statistics'

PPS - The first AFL Grand Final was in 1990

Have their been 3 drawn GFs in 112 years? Yes/No?

PS: 1897 is the only seasons in VFL/AFL history where a GF was not played.

PPS: Why get technical on this aspect when you are using VFL history in your own argument? The name 'AFL' is merely a name change to reflect interstate teams.

Latest posts