What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Argentina 3 Mexico 1 - Round of 16

Tevez is an absolute gun. Just doesn't stop running..... IMO he has been more influential than Messi up until now. England would kill to have a player like him

langpark

First Grade
I still can't help but wonder how complete this side would have been had they chosen Zanetti.

Shame that Mexico were denied by the crossbar while it was 0-0, just like in the game against Uruguay. But, they're a young team and I think next WC they'll make the final 8 at least.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm really not warming to Angel Di Maria, was superb at the Olympics but has not impressed me at all this world cup, abit of a ball losing machine atm. IMO Pastore is much more suited to the team

Ridders

Coach
Taking off Tevez was strange. Argentina seemed to stop playing and Mexico were a small chance of coming back into the game.

Feel a bit for Mexico. They were definitely the better of the two teams before Tevez's offside goal. Salcido gave me a good laugh all night. Was determined to score from a long range shot. f**k me Argentina have an embarrassment of riches up front. To think that world class players like Aguero and Milito can't even get a look in.

fish eel

Immortal
Not really. Messi or Argentina wont care so long as he continues to dominate as he is.

It might look better on his resume but anyone with an eye for football knows that he's been one of the dominant forces of the tournament so far even without a goal.

Btw id like to thank Germany for sparing England a 6-1 defeat at the hands of
Argentina.

I would never have recovered from the sight of Messi running at Gareth Barry and Matthew Upson!

:lol:

If Thomas Muller can look like Pele one wonders what Messi would have done

Tommy Smith

Referee
:lol:

If Thomas Muller can look like Pele one wonders what Messi would have done
Ugh, like i said it's a traumatic thought.

The two World Cups before this England were saved by superb central defending and holding midfield work by the likes of Super Sol, Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves and even Nicky freaking Butt.

But it was that area of our game that even made Algeria look like their Algerian-born star Zinedine Zidane.

So i cant help but think that Messi would have outdone his effort vs Arsenal at the Nou Camp this year. Seriously, 6 was a conservative estimate.