What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Australia 0 Germany 4 (Group D)

Satsok

Juniors
12 pages is too much for me to read thru, so apologies if the question has already been asked..

BUT

WTF is the point in playing two holding midfielders (valeri, grella/culina) if they arent coming back and tracking the runs of the opposition attacking midfielders.

dead set, the most laziest performance ive ever seen, moore, neill, chipperfield, didnt track the runners on so many occasions, if that was me as coach, i would have hooked neill, if the bloke spent half as much time tracking runners instead of bitching to the ref, he would have went half decent..

they will not only struggle to win a game, but struggle to score a goal.

Moffo

Referee
Kennedy is nothing...he is not a clinical finisher in the slightest and this is the problem for Oz...where are the goals going to come from ??.

At least NZ has Smeltz, Killen and Fallon..

are you suggesting they are all better then kennedy?

Moffo

Referee
OK, does anyone know why Kewell and Bresciano apparently warmed up in the changerooms while the rest of the team was on the field?

a mate was trying to tell me that pim had a blowup with them a while back and there is still bad blood. no idea what it is about though

Red Bear

Referee
Kennedy is nothing...he is not a clinical finisher in the slightest and this is the problem for Oz...where are the goals going to come from ??.

Our only clinical finisher is sitting in Middlesbrough, wasted by Pim throughout qualification/friendlies etc because he was never play as part of a two man strike team.

We were sh*t. Emerton was very good in the first half I thought but no one else particularly impressive, with Neill awful

pantherz9103

First Grade
Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Pim picked the wrong team, the defence pushed up to far and got picked off to easily. The referee missed a hand ball in th e box when we were 2-0 down and then Cahill was sent off for a soft challenge. Let's just hope they can be competitive in the last two matches. My heart still hopes we can go through but my head says I just hope we're competitive and maybe snag a draw or two.

Red Bear

Referee
There's no doubt we should've had a penalty, and I thought Cahill's red was pretty soft but was from behind, should've been a yellow. We were, for the most part, awful, and there were a few more chances that could easily have been put away.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm hoping for Ghana we see 4-3-1-2

Neill - Beauchamp - Wilkshire - Chipperfield

Emerton - Grella - Bresciano

Kewell

Kennedy - Rukavysta

---------------

I don't know what his other choices are. Even that side looks murky with blokes out of position.

IMO he needs to play two strikers with one just in front of the midfield because they will not put any passes through Ghana's defence like the German's did to them and will have to rely on attacking through the midfield and hoping that Ghana miss a few tackles.

Azkatro

First Grade
Pim has taken a leaf out of the NSW selectors book. Might I just add that while I don't disagree with everyone lamenting Craig Moore's performance - he is too old, too slow and out of his depth - he was still made to look like a master by Lucas Neill.

First goal - two errors from Lucas Neill, first he gets the offside trap wrong and instead of possibly getting across to block the shot is too busy appealing to the refs.

Second goal - Klose was supposedly being marked by Lucas Neill, who simply failed to even stay near him when he made his run.

Third goal - Everybody's fault at the back, really ... although Lucas Neill looked especially lost.

Fourth goal - Cacau was Neill's man again, he made his run and then 27 minutes later Neill reacted.

I'm actually not entirely convinced that Neill's pace is a problem, I just think he is really quite slow between the ears when it comes to closing down attacking opportunities on a lot of occasions. This is pretty much backed up by the way he was constantly too slow on the call for the defense to rush up and play the trap.

fish eel

Immortal
I don't think Klose intervered with play and Muller was onside...stupid rule though.

Beauchamp needs to start against Ghana for sure. And Holman was once again impressive off the bench and should start up front.

I don't think we need to panic yet. Ghana and Serbia are NOT as good as this German team despite what any geniuses tried to tell you before the WC. The Germans are the best team in our group by a mile. It's not out of the question to win both of our remaining games.

I agree.

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Get back to what the players know, the 4-2-3-1 that they played pretty much every game but decided to throw out last night.

Ghana is beatable, and if we beat Ghana we may well be playing a serbian side with nothing to play for.

Changes?

I'd put Beauchamp in for Moore.

Bresciano has to play, as does Kewell if fit.

Love Ruka to get a full 90 minutes but not sure where.

Mong

Post Whore
Pim has taken a leaf out of the NSW selectors book. Might I just add that while I don't disagree with everyone lamenting Craig Moore's performance - he is too old, too slow and out of his depth - he was still made to look like a master by Lucas Neill.

First goal - two errors from Lucas Neill, first he gets the offside trap wrong and instead of possibly getting across to block the shot is too busy appealing to the refs.

Second goal - Klose was supposedly being marked by Lucas Neill, who simply failed to even stay near him when he made his run.

Third goal - Everybody's fault at the back, really ... although Lucas Neill looked especially lost.

Fourth goal - Cacau was Neill's man again, he made his run and then 27 minutes later Neill reacted.

I'm actually not entirely convinced that Neill's pace is a problem, I just think he is really quite slow between the ears when it comes to closing down attacking opportunities on a lot of occasions. This is pretty much backed up by the way he was constantly too slow on the call for the defense to rush up and play the trap.

Definately his pace, was a massive issue when he was at West Ham which I am sure I whinged about many a time.. It's only getting worse, from all reports he is a good leader and great in the dressing room.. Too bad that's not enough.

I don't think Klose intervered with play and Muller was onside...stupid rule though.

Beauchamp needs to start against Ghana for sure. And Holman was once again impressive off the bench and should start up front.

I don't think we need to panic yet. Ghana and Serbia are NOT as good as this German team despite what any geniuses tried to tell you before the WC. The Germans are the best team in our group by a mile. It's not out of the question to win both of our remaining games.

Unfornately I have to disagree.

I think the gap between us and Serbia/Ghana is much bigger than the gap between them and Germany. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Germany don't win another game. We made them look so good, we were slow, lazy and just awful off the ball. They had a billion opportunities and they didn't even come for their own great player, rather our own poor play. Couple that in with the fact we were down to 10 men for no reason and we denied a crucial penalty, the Germans weren't overly impressive despite the score. The Ghana v Serbia match was much more telling for mine, I think both of them are a very real chance of going through despite the scoreline.

fish eel

Immortal
Unfornately I have to disagree.

I think the gap between us and Serbia/Ghana is much bigger than the gap between them and Germany. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Germany don't win another game. We made them look so good, we were slow, lazy and just awful off the ball. They had a billion opportunities and they didn't even come for their own great player, rather our own poor play. Couple that in with the fact we were down to 10 men for no reason and we denied a crucial penalty, the Germans weren't overly impressive despite the score. The Ghana v Serbia match was much more telling for mine, I think both of them are a very real chance of going through despite the scoreline.

we're last start winners against Ghana.

we can certainly beat them.

Then again - saying Germany wont won another game? WTF?

Iafeta

Referee
I get the feeling at times Australian football thinks its bigger than it really is due to basically what is a substandard local league which they try to pass off as something strong, and some decent performances against some very average Asian sides. Truthfully, this result does not surprise me one bit. One country is clinical and professional, the other country is a bit of a myth. NZ/Australia will be lucky to collect 6 points between them, and I would imagine have next to no chance of going through to the second round.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Pim has been found out, just as anyone with half a brain knew he would.

Last night was the failure of the past 30 months coming to fruition. f**k all tactics, poor formation which turned into rabble straight away, organisation and discipline substituted for smash'n'hit grit, wrong players playing, no plan B...basically the works.

Neill was a f**king dickhead of the highest order; in fact, the way entire team constantly shat itself and then remonstrated with the officials was disgraceful. Instead of getting the head down and working harder, Neill just spent the match yelling at everyone else. Complete and utter spastic and poor leader.

I can't believe we played an offside trap like that with the bunch of players we sent out! AND continuing to use it when it clearly wasn't working. We should have dropped a f**king sweeper back FFS.

No strikers - Pim at his genius best.

At the end Pim had a longer chat with Loew than the usual coach 'thanks mate, good game' exchange. I could imagine it was Pim saying "yeah, no worriesh Joergi, my playersh are all sh*t anyway sho thish is what i ecshpected. Hopefully necsh time we meet i will have a team that ish worth you playing." The man has disrespected our football for his entire tenure and this is what we get as a result.

Pim is a fraudulent c**k, I told you so.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

The same Fallon who has scored 18 goals in 121 club games for Plymouth Argyle :?

Cletus

First Grade
People need to be aware we overachieved in the last world cup.

We were talked up, but we don't have the class of the top teams and it is showing. It has nothing to do with the coach, we just don't have the players to choose from that are playing first team football in the top competitions all the time.

Guus Hiddink vs. Pim Verbeek. I know which one I'd rather was coaching us. Yes we don't have the class but we're a shambles and Pim has NFI.

And I don't know whether Kewell had a falling out with Pim, I just think he's still injured and hasn't played a game for six months.

Latest posts