What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Australia 1 Ghana 1 - Group D

Moffo

Referee
Yep f**k it. Worst world cup ever, I'm not going out of my way to watch any more games

sh*t refs, sh*t ball, sh*t noises, sh*t Aussie team, sh*t coach, sh*t games, sh*t timeslots. Carefactor zero

Lets say Germany beats Ghana 3-0. We'll need to beat the Serbs 3-0 in return to get through.

So no matter the result from Germany v Ghana, we've got little chance

Apey

Staff member
Even if we draw this, we are still mathematically a chance with Germany beaten by Serbia. If Ghana beat Germany and we beat Serbia we finish second dont we?

Yes, most people are ignoring this though. I guess due to the unlikeliness that Germany will lose?

It's our best best - none of this winning by 3 rubbish :lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
We beat Serbia we get to 4 Pts. Serbia finish on 3.

Ghana beats Germany. Germany finish on 3 and we get 2nd place.

langpark

First Grade
Or we win, Ghana roll Germany....
my money's on hell freezing over :p

For all of you criticising the ref's performance, wat are you basing this on? Tell me Kewell's red card please, i need a good laugh. That's a red card every day of the week.

Overally, i'm pretty happy with how we played, could have won, and i'm sure we would have were it not for the red. Such a golden opportunity we had with that one on one but he shot it straight at the keeper.

I think too many people have unrealistic expectations. Lets not forget we had a 32 year absence from the WC, now to qualify for two in a row and still be a chance of passing the group stage i think is great.

Ridders

Coach
On the red card, it was a bit harsh because Harry didn't reach out for the ball with his arm but it clearly did prevent a goal so I can live with it.

Despite being down to 10 men we probably had the better chances in the second half, whether it was Chipperfield's header or Wilkshere's one-on-one with the keeper. Thought Kennedy added a different dimension when he came on.

Bumble

First Grade
my money's on hell freezing over :p

For all of you criticising the ref's performance, wat are you basing this on? Tell me Kewell's red card please, i need a good laugh. That's a red card every day of the week.

Overally, i'm pretty happy with how we played, could have won, and i'm sure we would have were it not for the red. Such a golden opportunity we had with that one on one but he shot it straight at the keeper.

I think too many people have unrealistic expectations. Lets not forget we had a 32 year absence from the WC, now to qualify for two in a row and still be a chance of passing the group stage i think is great.

He had his eyes closed and it hit him in the shoulder. Horrible decision.

Wilkshere should've buried that late chance though.

Latest posts