What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup Australia 2 Serbia 1 (Group D)

Moffo

Referee
Pim got the decisions right in the last two games IMO.

The first game, he got fatally wrong.

I'm not sure abt Ghana. We waited too long to bring the firepower on

FIFA said tackles from behind are reds. He shouldn't have tried it on

People overrated the Serbia side. Its clear that they are a very good side on paper but failing at big tournaments is nothing new for Eastern European teams. The Czech Republic 4 years ago were a powerhouse on paper and they got knocked out of the group, the Russians can't even get to the World Cup, The Poles a few years ago were rated a decent side and were terrible. Eastern European sides unfortunately don't deliver at big tournaments most of the time. Its all Western Europe and South America in reality.

Definitely agree in recent times anyway.

The old Yugoslavia side before the war and the whatnot was one of the powerhouses.

The Tank

Bench
just on Serbia... you gotta feel for them... lost to Ghana because of a hand ball call... got a man sent off against germany because of a handball call... and miss the second round because they didnt get a handball call...

No they didn't. Klose was red carded for Germany. Germany did receive a penalty for a Serbian handball but it was saved.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I could not have been prouder about the way we played... I have never seen the national side perform that well.

Latest posts