What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Germany 4 England 1 - Round of 16

hellteam

First Grade
So who's excited about this game? I am, probably the game I've looked to the most in the whole World Cup.

Predictions? I think England will do better then they have been, but I think this will end in a 1-1 draw, and unfortunately we all know what happens then...

England media have been all over the shootout situation this week. Talks of scientists being brought in to help the players, as well as hours of deliberation from the coaching stuff over who takes the penalties have been covered by the press.

Outcome: Germany through on penalties for me...

Ridders

Coach
Yeah I'm also expecting England to raise their game from here on in. Will be interesting to see how they go when they don't have all the pressure on them, since I'd assume that Germany will be favourites?

hellteam

First Grade
On Sportingbet...

Germany - $2.65
England - $2.65
Draw - $3.10

So completely even.. England will always have the pressure on them by their own media.

If England had come first in their group (as expected), they would have only had to face two of Ghana, South Korea or Uruguay to reach the semi finals but now they have to play Germany, Argentina or Mexico. Plus they would probably be facing Spain in the semi so if they get there they definitely deserve it.

fish eel

Immortal
Schweinsteiger on doubt too. They'll really miss him considering Ballack is missing.

England will never have a better chance to eliminate Germany in a world cup

fish eel

Immortal
Reading some German sites, they dont think they're 'ready' at this stage of the tournament for a top side, and are worried that while england arent playing well, that playing Germany will bring out the best in england

fish eel

Immortal
I would love it if the f**kwits that follow the three lions around the world get sent home packing.

hellteam

First Grade
Hoping Milner has a good match, England probably should have Walcott on the bench.

Gerrard should feel at home in England's jersey.

hellteam

First Grade
How bored does the commentator sound? Strange.

Ozil just nearly scored and he barely sounded like he cared at all.

Latest posts