What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Netherlands 0 Spain 1 - FINAL

Bumble

First Grade
I'm eagerly awaiting BF or pennywise to come in and tell us how watching Spain grind out 1-0's in every game so far is the height of entertainment...

Dutch -12 goals
Spain - 7 goals

simple.

Big Mick

Referee
Boring game so far imo.

Too many soft fouls being awarded. Too many yellow cards.

One of these teams is going to get a second yellow that will destory the game imo.

Noa

First Grade
definate win for Holland in the 1st half seeing as they finished with 11 men.

Danish

Referee
Kalac is such an ass.... seriously can't stand this goose being on my TV.

Holland on top at the moment IMO. Spain had plenty of early possession but did f**k all with it. Now that the dutch are into the game, they'll start creating their own chances and they'll actually TAKE THEM.

Would have been a very hairy moment if that pass back to the spanish keeper by the dutch had bounced over him and gone in!

Noa

First Grade
Huge decision coming up for Van Marwijk, does he gamble with Van Bommel and De Jong for a further 15-20m or does he bring VDV on to to reduce the risk of going a man down.

Boring game so far imo.

Too many soft fouls being awarded. Too many yellow cards.

One of these teams is going to get a second yellow that will destory the game imo.

Yeah should be more red cards, reds to the dutch..

Stupid dutch are spoilling this game bY kicking the players out of it.

DisgrACEFUL REF

weasel

First Grade
Pretty boring half of football, apart from when Spain were controlling possession, the first 15 minutes was good stuff. When the Dutch were seeing the ball more it got pretty dire, didn't it?

hellteam

First Grade
Ahh if van Perdue actually kept running then instead of going down he could have actually scored. Why do soccer players do this? So frustrating.

Villa should have scored

Danish

Referee
Well I'm sure I wont have too many agreeing with me but that was an enjoyable 90 mins of football.

A few brilliant chances not taken, lots of on the edge defending drawing plenty of cards (if you arent going to go in hard in a world cup final, when ARE you going to??) and a couple bits of controversy.

I still think the Dutch have the upper hand in this one. Spain are playing far too safe in attack and trying to just pass their way into the goal without ever really pulling the trigger. You get the feeling they dont want to score a goal unless they've strung together 12 passes before the shot. The dutch on the other hand have created chances from practically nothing and are more than willing to just have a crack.

I hope it goes to penalties

Big Mick

Referee
Poor Dutch.

That game deserved to go to penalties.

That goal shouldn't have been allowed to happen. It should have been a corner up the other end of the field.

What a shame that a refereeing decision has once again impacted what otherwise would have been a fantastic World Cup final.

Big Mick

Referee
I thought both Goalkeepers were the two best players on the field if I'm honest.

If it wasn't for both of them...it could have been 2-1 Netherlands.

But particularly Casillas...what a keeper.

weasel

First Grade
Pretty exciting game after half-time. Can't think of a player more deserving than Iniesta to score the winner. He's been absolutely fantastic this tournament.

Webb was far too foul happy in this game. Way too many yellow cards. The Dutch obviously had the intention of taking a leaf from the Spanish playbook with their play acting, not that Spain were innocent, but it's unusual that the other team outdoes them. Probably deserved to have a player sent too, with some of the harsh fouls they were committing.

I wouldn't have been unhappy if the Dutch had won this match. I thought they were awful in the first half but after that they played some good football and really Robben ought to have found a goal. But Spain are definitely worthy champs.