What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup Qualifier - Australia vs Uzbekistan

Who will win?

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uzbekistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking forward to hybrid's analysis.

sh*tty first half, but even he would have to atleast smile at the second.

Kennedy > SPL.

McDonald is utter rubbish.

How can your game plan be cross, cross and cross when McDonald is your striker?

The guy had three balls played long on the ground and was out chased all times.

Misanthrope

Staff member

I don't think you can blame McDonald for a shoddy game plan. He plays with a second, taller striker at Celtic and has no trouble scoring. Playing him as a sole striker is just a waste of time.

The key word is Scotland. He plays in a sh*t house league, bags goals for fun. My grandmother could win the golden boot in Scotland.

Kennedy > McDonald all day everyday.

Red Bear

Referee
Mcdonald is a stupid striker to play as a lone striker no doubt, he'd be much better with another striker with him, as he has when he plays in domestic comp nd scores goals.

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, it's kinda strange that our best forward can't even get a goal at club level and our worst forward can't stop scoring for his club.

Horrible first half, usual performance under Pim, but I have to admit we played very good in the second half, best I've seen in ages. Was disappointed we didn't score a third goal just cuz I don't like gambling.

OVP

Coach
Looking forward to hybrid's analysis.

sh*tty first half, but even he would have to atleast smile at the second.

Kennedy > SPL.

McDonald is utter rubbish.

The guy had three balls played long on the ground and was out chased all times.

I reckon even I could outrun The Slug. Slugs MacDonald :lol: He is the worst player i think i've ever seen play for Oz. Utter rubbish again from the SPLer.

Kennedy is class ... superb header. I'd love to see him play in the EPL ... sign him up Villa, he'd rock up front.

There was a period there in the second half .. from about 55 mins in to about the 75th minute where we looked absolutely slick as hell. I thought we totally overwhelmed the Uzbeks ... everything was perfect, the passing was quick and deadly accurate. An excellent 20 min period indeed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He is the worst player i think i've ever seen play for Oz.
:lol: In the same period where Brett Holman plays? Pull the other one!

Kennedy > McDonald all day everyday.
Because not being able to get a start at all is a real step up from the SPL :roll:

I do rate Kennedy as a better striker, no doubt, but McDonald is constantly misused.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Don't you just love 'Jesus', no crap, no hype, gets subbed on and and heads in the winner.

Top Stuff !!!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
hold on you guys are being far to harsh on mcdonald... he is not a sole striker, he did well to set bresc up (for bresc to miss a sitter) had bresc scored you would talk about the good work he did...
our first half was boring and safe.... not maccas fault.

and please the guy is not fat at all, he would not be a professional player if he was fat.

holman is a good player too.. shows heart and determination. sure he had one shot tonight (a poor one) but how many other poor shots were there...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
First half was absolute crap. Second was much better, and much more urgency and tempo to our play.

McDonald is a decent player, but you do not play him as a lone striker UNLESS YOU HAVE NO f**kING IDEA. He needs someone to play off. Unless we play two strikers, we should not use him.

Bresciano had his best game for Australia in years.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Bloody hell. The missus just got Foxtel put on this week, so for the first time since the match against Uraguay in 05 I can actually watch the game, and I bloody forgot it was on. *facepalm* Hopefully I'll catch a replay.

skeepe

Immortal
First half was absolute garbage. I fell asleep I was so bored. Much better second half, but even then apart from that golden 20 minutes, the players looked like they had forgotten to play as a unit.

Despite the rather quick qualification, I'm still not convinced that Pim's the man.

Latest posts