What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 A-League Grand Final - Brisbane v Central Coast

roboshark

Coach
Holy sh*t

2 goals is the hardest score to defend but geez , well I never

Can someone check on timmah

roboshark

Coach
Extra time - Mariners 2 zip up and have the game IMO.

Timmah will probably blow up at me for mentioning this, but the ref bottled it in not giving Brisbane a penalty in the 65th minute. Sure, Solarzano made the most of it, but there was contact and it was a penalty. If it's not a penalty, then it's a free kick to CCM for simulation.

Yeah I thought the same thing

Apey

Staff member
From what I saw of the game, the Roar keeper was fantastic - not only the penalties but made some great saves in regular time as well.

hellteam

First Grade
Haha I had left, saw the 2nd goal on a big screen on caxton street then sprinted the 400m or so back to my seat . Awesome

IanG

Coach
I think I'll need to make an appointment with AMI this week cause I went off early big time

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm still recovering from the multiple heart attacks... :crazy:

Glad the referee didn't end up being decisive, as there was that penalty and also that blowing regular time with a player heading isolated for goal.

I feel for the Mariners, but in the end, the Roar deserved the win for a fantastic season and belief till the very end. Well done boys, another QUEENSLAND come back from the death!:clap::clap::clap:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely gutted - that choke may envy the efforts of the Dragons in 1999 but still immensely proud. Well done Matty Ryan for player of the match, a stunning goalkeeper.

Can't believe we threw it away, McBreen WTF.

Once Dead

Bench
Simon had a clear cut chance in the first half and blew it...game could have been gone in regular time.

I actually stopped watching after Bozanic's goal......thought it was over. Turned on the ABC to listen to the rest of it when I was watching Ninja Warrior. Could not believe it when the second goal went in, the commentators (including Craig Moore) went off!

Best grand final since the Wollongong / Perth Glory NSL classic. Bad luck to the Coast but I feel that the Roar deserved the win after such a great season. It also gives a massive boost to the people of Queensland in the wake of the recent floods.

Highway1

Juniors
WOW! A game for the ages. I work at maccas milton near suncorp, the atmosphere was amazing there. You could hear the crowd from there, once there was a long loud Roar, everyone at work knew their were in for something special. Once the Roar won, everyone at work yelled load celebrating. After game rush at maccas was incredible, singing and celebrating, unbelievable.

DB

First Grade
I'm so happy that we won the grand final.... I go for them cause I went on a holiday to Brisbane once. :sarcasm:

Latest posts