What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 FINALS - Major Semi Final: Panthers -V- Bluebags

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cleaned out fluxing capacitor. Damn thing must be full of shit again. Lol

Titanic

First Grade
As Gomer said: "Surprise, surprise, surprise 'Unit. Goooolleeee, you'all go straight ta hayell for thart one."

Jesbass

First Grade
Hiya fellas. Looks like I'm being kept busy on another front so I'll have to mark this all on Saturday. You'll have your marks before the next match.

P.S. Go the Warriors! ;-)

Jesbass

First Grade
I wish I was just teasing, Mick, but life is throwing me some curveballs at the moment. I'm busy today helping a friend move house and then doing financial reports for the business, so the aim is definitely to have marks finished before kick off.

I appreciate - in advance - your patience.

P.S. How about them Warriors! \\\\:D/

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My tigers couldn't match them in the second hslf andpanicked. Warriors deserved victors.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The suspense is killing me, not to mention the fricken mozzies here today...

Big Mick

Referee
I wish I was just teasing, Mick, but life is throwing me some curveballs at the moment. I'm busy today helping a friend move house and then doing financial reports for the business, so the aim is definitely to have marks finished before kick off.

I appreciate - in advance - your patience.

P.S. How about them Warriors! \\\\:D/

No drama's mate.

Hope everything is ok with the games business.

Take your time. All good :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Alrighty, first things first - this was a very high quality match, and evidence that the finals series brings out the best in league players of all versions of the game.

Now, onto the marks...

Penrith Panthers:
madunit: Ah, history. It's a great thing, isn't it? I really enjoyed the tale from yesteryear but I felt it lacked the 'voice' I was hoping for. I think this would have done better if I'd heard less history book and more madunit. 90
Azkatro: A great piece. For what it's worth, I think it was just poor wording, like when George W. Bush referred to the war on terrorism as a "crusade". But your article was beautifully written from start to finish and I found it just so difficult to fault. Excellent effort. 92
broncoman: An interesting article, and I enjoyed the originality of the topic, but I felt some of the sentence structure was a
bit difficult to follow - the flow was affected by some of the sentence structure. 89
LeagueNut: Hahaha...very clever. A new glossary for the game. Great read. 92
Big Mick: Very well written, even though I don't necessarily subscribe to your view in its entirety. You put strong arguments forward and provide a rational point of view on what is so often an emotional subject. Just remember that your title is part of the word count! 91 - 2 = 89 (752 words)

TOTAL: 452

Newtown Bluebags:
AlwaysGreen: Brilliant. This article was very clever and well argued, and I just really like the concept as a whole. 92
Timmah: Be careful - you're dangerously close to talking common sense! It's a bit of a risk to not peg your opinion to either side of a debate, but you've presented both sides in a balanced and informative way, and have come out of it looking great as a result. Well done. 92
Drew-Sta: Haha...quirky and humorous all at once, if a bit off the wall. Very creative, though. 89
Willow: A great read, and so true. There so often seems to be an immense amount of passion at the lower levels - players taking part in the game for the sheer love of the contest. 90
muzby: Wow. This was such an incredibly creative take on current events with a fair dose of humour. I'm really, really impressed. 93

TOTAL: 456

FULL TIME: Bluebags defeat the Panthers 456-452.

POTM: muzby

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks Jess, appreciate the quick marking!

Well done Muzzers, you really are a star! And well done Panthers. Good chance we'll see you in the big one :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref. I knew this was a tight match.

Panthers, it may sound odd but I would have enjoyed you winning as well. Congratulations on a super effort.

Well played baggers, top work muzby on the POTM. :thumn

Big Mick

Referee
Thanks Jesbess for the marking.

Congrats to the Bluebags. Too good, a lot of quality articles there.

Bad luck to my lads, lets rebound and get back to the big one. :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow, chuffed with my mark and the marks across the board for both sides!

Thanks Jesbass for marking and thanks to both sides for some quality articles. Looks like Gallop v Storm provided a lot of ammo this week.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
thanks for the marking and POTM ref..

congrats to the bags & commiserations to the panthers... great game by all and a thrilling down to the wire finish - hope to see you again in the GF..