What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 FINALS - Preliminary Final: Panthers -V- Ninjas

Jesbass

First Grade
Haha...sorry, guys. Looks like I blew time an hour early. I'm so used to full time being 11pm NZT but with Daylight Savings having just kicked in last weekend, it looks like I got a bit trigger happy! :eek: :sarcasm: :crazy:

As for marks, I'm aiming to have this match marked by late Friday as I'll be out of town - IN SYDNEY!!! - over the weekend. :cool:

edabomb

First Grade
Good luck all. We must have gone close to breaking the record for non-article posts in a match thread before fulltime :lol:

Azkatro

First Grade
Good luck to you too guys. This is the fourth time we've played this year and from my point of view you've been my favourite opponents. You guys have been dedicated all year and it took us three goes to actually get a win. I hope you don't mind me saying that if we bow out at this stage of the competition, I couldn't think of a more worthy or deserving team to make it through to the grand final.

edabomb

First Grade
Good luck to you too guys. This is the fourth time we've played this year and from my point of view you've been my favourite opponents. You guys have been dedicated all year and it took us three goes to actually get a win. I hope you don't mind me saying that if we bow out at this stage of the competition, I couldn't think of a more worthy or deserving team to make it through to the grand final.

Cheers Azkatro. We do have a fair bit of Panthers flavour with joshie and myself having been in your 2010 squad. It has been a very competitive season series - no doubt this is the biggest stage yet though. The 100% article rate of the Panthers speaks for itself, amazing season from you guys.

gUt

Coach

What a great comment, cheers. We've spent a lot of time discussing your team and its efforts in our locker room; the respect is mutual.

Big Mick

Referee
100% echo Az's comments.

Always like coming up against the Ninja's as I know we are definitely getting their best and we'll give them our best.

Ton of respect there particularly with guys like Edabomb and Joshie who were part of the Panthers last season - and all your articles are fantastic.

joshie

Live Update Team
AGREE AGREE AGREE!!

I loved playing in the Panthers with you guys, no one better to learn under, and I hope you guys know that everything I write will always be a part of the Panthers style. You really helped me a lot, especially Az, Mick and Unit and I really do thank you for it all. I have had all of our matches marked on the calendar and will do so in the future as well. Maybe in 2012 the ninjas should play the panthers for some sort of trophy, I vote the Edamick championship, nonetheless good luck and may the best team go on and beat the bags.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great work everyone, there's some excellent reads well worthy of the F7s finals. I have feeling whichever team wins this one will go all the way. :thumn

Jesbass

First Grade
And the results are...

...not done yet! ;-)

My flight details have changed, giving me an extra half day before I need to leave town, so that eases the pressure somewhat and I'll either get the marks in tonight as originally planned, or during the day tomorrow. :thumn

edabomb

First Grade
Off to the GF Jesbass? Not sure the F7s boss should be jetsetting at this time of year.... ;-) :lol:

joshie

Live Update Team
Haha I hate the waiting game! And I just arrived at my hostel for the weekend, flew down from Brisbane for the weekend :) jess pm where your staying and sitting, let's catch up for a beer haha

jamesgould

Juniors
If we win then you have to down a yardie in front of jesbass. I don't know why, it would just be amusing.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks all for some fantastic reads. This was an incredibly close match and the scoreline is a testament to that fact. The dominant team in my mind kept switching as I marked each new article - it was like watching a real life game with momentum swings back and forth.

I'd just like to note the sportsmanship by the Ninjas by letting broncoman's article be re-posted after fulltime, and I'd also like to point out that I noticed Penrith's "Do It For Azkatro" approach with all of you writing articles that are exactly 747 words long.

Now, onto the marks...

Penrith Panthers:
broncoman: This was a good piece on Lockyer who really did bow out in typically impressive fashion. I thought the flow struggled a bit though - for example, there were two sentences that had the word "but" twice, which probably should have been broken down into smaller, more numerous sentences. 86
LeagueNut: This was a very clever, humorous, and original take on the "what might have been" approach to dealing with the end of a season. 91
madunit: The extraordinary life of an extraordinary man. This was an informative piece, but it lacked a bit of flavour outside of that - I didn't hear your voice. 87
Big Mick: It's so heartening to see that Sonny Fai is still the Warriors' motivation, but it also goes some way to showing the amount of pain his club still has for him. I enjoyed this piece. 88
Azkatro: An enjoyable piece without the cliche ending, I really enjoyed the read. (Apart from the capital letters about moving to fullback...) Otherwise, a very good article. 89

TOTAL: 441

Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas:
gUt: Cthulhu! Put simply, this article was so left field, so creative, so unexpected, and so engrossing. Well done! 92
CobyDelaney: This reminded me a lot of that Al Pacino speech from Any Given Sunday. That's a good thing, mind you, and your version was much more creatively and descriptively written. Men don't die for their country - they die for the man next to them. 88
jamesgould: Let me just don my tinfoil hat... This was a very funny piece but I felt the use of capital letters hindered it. I could see what you were trying to do with them, but they seemed rather jolting. But the content was hilarious stuff. 87
joshie: Another enjoyable piece which was unfortunately hindered by capital letters instead of bold or italics. These are valuable tools to stress particular words. But, as I said, an enjoyable read. 86
edabomb: An interesting piece - a parody within a parable, it seems. We do seem to be going in cycles as far as team styles go but one of the great things about our game is that teams and coaches need to be able to adapt to what's in front of them...even if it means we lose some flair. Well written. 89

TOTAL: 442

FULL TIME: Ninjas defeat the Panthers 442-441.

POTM: gUt

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well done ninjas. You were well deserved winners and i had a gut feeling you would come away with the win. best of luck in the big dance.

Bad luck panthers, so so close. You blokes are all marvellous writers and that will never change.