What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 FOUR NATIONS Round 2: Papua New Guinea -V- Australia

Jesbass

First Grade
Forum 7s - 4 Nations - 2011
PAPUA NEW GUINEA KUMULS -V- AUSTRALIA KANGAROOS
badge_PNG_trans_100x104.gif
-V-
logo_kangaroos_aust.jpg

Game Thread:
* This is a game thread only. Only game posts can be made here - team lists, substitutions, and articles.
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.​

Naming Teams:
* 3 -V- 3 (+ 2 reserves for both teams)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named​

Kick Off: Sunday 6th November 2011 (2100AEST)
Full Time: Saturday 12th November 2011 (2100AEST)
Referee: Non Terminator
Venue: Lloyd Robson Oval​

5602.jpg

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Roos have hopped into PNG, thankfully without Qantas. Great to be in PNG and applause all round for the Kumuls. :clap:

AUSTRALIA KANGAROOS

logo_kangaroos_aust.jpg

Willow (c)
Azkatro
Red Bear

Bench:
griffo346 (vc)
Breathingfire

Good luck one and all. :thumn

joshie

Live Update Team
The Kumals arrive to see a new look Australian team!! They know they are in for a fight!

PNG game two - Australia

1. Joshie (c)
2. Edabomb
3. Alwaysgreen

4. Bubbles
5. Miley Cyrus

Red Bear

Referee
Red Bear charges out on his Australian debut
----------------------------------------------------
Peter Finch-Wallace

I don’t think Darren Lockyer could’ve been more lauded than he was in the autumn years of his (nearly completed) career. There must’ve been a sale on superlatives, such was the gushing from Rab’s, Gus, Sterlo and the rest at Channel 9. Likewise, Brisbane turned out in force for what turned out to be three ‘final’ matches at Lang Park.

And it’s not without reason. He has done everything in the game bar win a Dally M medal. Four premierships, countless state of origin wins, records for most appearances at all levels and had the ability to turn a game at the drop of the hat.

But what of what he’s left behind?

Following the meek preliminary finals exit there is some justified concern from Brisbane fans at the prospect of life without Lockyer. They certainly have a boom crop of youngsters at present whilst Petero’s return to the club will help with on field leadership.

But you can’t just throw some player into the number 6 jersey and expect him to replace Lockyer. A product of having a club and fan base raised on success the old saying that ‘patience is a virtue’ goes out the window (as Ivan Henjak can attest to).

The thing is, the fans will live on. The club will continue to produce good teams. There will almost certainly be premierships down the track.

There is, however, one person who is on the biggest hiding to nothing. As usual, no one has thought of the redhead.

Peter Wallace has done a pretty solid job since his move to the Broncos in 2008. He’s been picked for his state, even sacrificing one painful area of the anatomy for the cause. He’s been a solid foil to the brilliance of Lockyer in that time, he’s a good bet to snap a field goal and a very good defender. In short, he’s one of those valuable players that gives 110% on the field.

How much of his good performance, however, is down to the advantage of playing inside one of the better players of the last twenty years. With Lockyer being the focal point of the attack and, thus, the player the defence focuses on, Wallace is able to go about his game relatively pressure free.

So whilst his game will probably be at the same standard next season, the scrutiny will suddenly increase ten-fold.

And really, it just harks back to another player of similar gingerish origins. In 2004 the Sydney Roosters were minor premiers and grand finalists, with Finch being runner up in the Dally M award. When Fittler retired at the end of the season there was optimism that Finch could continue his quality performances when leading the club around the park.

Two years later and Finch was waving goodbye to the Chooks on his way to stops at Parramatta, Melbourne and finally Wigan. Who will forget the famous ‘F*ck off Finch Foundation’ in response to his game in 2005. He was let go early at Parramatta also before performing very well in the Melbourne Storm sides of 09-10. Again, his quality performances coincided with playing in a high quality side again. Suddenly, when surrounded by Cronk, Smith, Inglis and Slater, Finch played his role to perfection.

These sort of players, Finch chief amongst them, are much maligned within supporter circles. Yet their role is crucial in any side, particularly in the salary cap era. Not every player can be a star, so having hard workers who will compliment your stars is vital to success. Hell, St George Illawarra’s version captained them to a premiership.

They just aren’t the main man, and are unlikely to ever fill that role. Because if they were a ready made replacement for the star player they wouldn’t be playing the role they are, they would’ve got a spot at another club. It’s unfortunate for these players that the majority of fans in the current rugby league environment forget this when it comes time to blame someone for a sides poor performances.

Which brings us back to Peter ‘Finch’ Wallace, as he could well turn out. He’s probably got his career defining season coming up ahead of him. Is he capable of steering the current Brisbane side around the park or will he be shown to be a natural second in command. For his sake I hope he can deal with this new level of pressure.
--------------------------------------

739 words between the lines

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
AlwaysGreen for the Kumuls.

Beyond this point 669 words.
#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
Pride.

During the last month I’ve been dragged along to a few Rugby World Cup games in the name of socialization. Apparently the missus does not want to be married to a hermit. It has been a marvellous experience, a cross between watching paint dry and getting my testicles bitten off by a yak. Rugby has never interested me. Why would it? I’ve seen rugby league, a game that is a thousand times better in a hundred different ways. To paraphrase an urban saying; once you see attack you’ll never go back.

The rugby games were so boring that I had to give up my teetotalling ways. In the first half of the one game I watched diligently, the players excelled in three areas – kicking the ball to buggery repeatedly, packing scrums and lying on the ground in apparent but inexplicable exhaustion.

Then there were those unforgettable moments which had the rugby crowd on their feet – the five minute preparation for that most exalted of rugby skill; the penalty goal! After watching some plank line up the ball with all the concentration and application of a neurosurgeon and then miss by the target by ten foot I headed to the bar for the second half and remained there for the rest of the tournament.

Whilst drinking a few beers and watching a few more penalties I conversed with those around me about why I was so disinterested. My answer was that I was a league man and that the league world cup was more my style. The response to this was always the same – rugby was a ‘world’ game, whilst league was only played in ‘two Australian states and the North of England”.

Some others were a bit more knowledgeable if not cliché: ‘A few suburbs in Auckland’ and ‘A couple of towns in France’ were also bandied about, as was the ‘third world country’ Papua New Guinea whose supporters are often blithely dismissed because they hail from a developing nation.

This derision of the virtues of league’s international presence by rugby fans was somehow meant to convert me to rugby and all its glory and repacked scrums. Not I sir. Although I would love to see league played in more countries, internationalism, even the token and at times laughable kind that rugby has (apparently rugby is popular in Georgia) is not the be all that ends all.

Rugby league fans aren’t delusional about where their game stands on the international stage. Yet they are honest, passionate and loyal in their support for their respective national sides. The Kangaroos, Kiwis, Lions, Kumuls and Les Chanticleers have great traditions in the traditional working class areas from whence league was founded and has flourished.

The working class roots of our game are something league fans should be proud of and never embarrassed about. Supporters come from areas where making a living and life itself can be tough. Avignon, Widnes, Minto, Ipswich, Otahuhu, Goroka. They support their local sides with fervour and rejoice in seeing the local boy come good in the sport of their ancestors.

And that’s why league endures and prospers. Because the passion of supporters in those two Australian states, the North of England, Auckland, Southern France and Papua New Guinea is huge and unwavering.

As it is in the those other nations where league has got a foothold and growing but not crowing. Lebanon, the Pacific Islands, The USA and other regions are quietly taking up the game. No fanfare, no chest beating about the globalisation of the game. Just hardworking folk enjoying the spectacle and camaraderie of league and hoping for, but not banking on, a chance on a bigger stage.

League may not be the biggest sport in the world but it has no illusions on its place in life. It minds its own business and prospers because of the quality of both the game itself and the fans that support it. Long will rugby league live. Rugby and penalty goal festivals I’m not so sure about.

edabomb

First Grade
edabomb for the Kumuls
--------------------------------------------

The Future of the Big Game

I was sitting at home on an idle weeknight the other day when I overheard an interesting rugby league debate. The footage was from the 1993 Grand Final between St George and Brisbane – the question was posed to crowd members whether Grand Finals should be moved outside of Sydney in the near future. The responses were mixed as you’d expect on such a debate – but it got me thinking – where has this debate gone in the past few seasons? It seems like Sydney’s right to host the NRL Grand Final has finally been accepted as a given.

The NRL in 2011 hosted teams from three different states and of course the county of New Zealand. Despite the established expansion of the game the only Grand Final to have been played outside of Sydney remains the 1997 Super League decider. It is hard to make an argument against Sydney as a host – the fixture has been sold out for as long as can be remembered and the week holds a huge amount of tradition in the region.

Personally, I think of myself as a traditionalist. The NRL Grand Final is Sydney – but I can also appreciate the growth that the game of rugby league has undergone across Australasia. This is why I think a compromise needs to be found. The support that the Queensland area gives to the NRL deserves to be rewarded, and the continual growth of the game in areas such as Melbourne and New Zealand needs to be encouraged.

So here is my solution. Sydney still maintains the vast majority of NRL Grand Finals under this proposal. The game is completely established as a Sydney event – and it will remain as such. Sydney will host seven out of ten Grand Finals in the coming decade. This would ensure the tradition of the match is still kept, but the excitement is also spread throughout emerging NRL regions.

Brisbane will be rewarded for their rich support of the game with two grand finals each decade. The risk with moving the game out of Sydney is the risk that the match could be contested by two non-Queensland teams and struggle to capture the imagination of the public. While it is a reasonably high possibility that this could happen (no Queensland based team has made the decider since 2006) the fact that the match would be a five yearly event should ensure that interested remains piqued. Brisbane is only a short trip from Sydney which would also ensure a match between non-Queensland teams isn’t in any danger of not selling out. Out of any non-Sydney options Brisbane is certainly the least risk averse.

Perhaps the most interesting possibility is New Zealand. With a newly upgraded 60,000 seat stadium in Auckland they finally have the facilities to host a Grand Final. The game is continuing to increase in popularity with the recent successes of their national team and the Warriors. I think that a Grand Final played in Auckland within the next decade would be a massive boost for the sport in New Zealand. This match could be seen as a one off venture in playing the match outside of the two major rugby league cities. Once again I think there’s a very minimal chance of the match not succeeding on a one off basis.

While I think Melbourne could do a solid job of hosting the match within the next decade – I think the city is still a decade or so off hosting a decider. The interest in the sport still isn’t quite there to ensure strong support for a match not containing their local team – hopefully the support for the code continues to the point where this is a no brainer within the next twenty years.

2013 – Sydney
2014 – Sydney
2015 – Brisbane
2016 – Sydney
2017 – Sydney
2018 – New Zealand
2019 – Sydney
2020 – Sydney
2021 – Brisbane
2022 – Sydney

As with any expansion there is the risk of alienating a core group of fans who believe the decider belongs in Sydney. I think this is a risk that is worth being taken though. After a few trials if it hasn’t worked the match can return to an annual event in Sydney. If moving the match around does work it will only see the popularity of the match increase as local fans embrace their rare chance to host the decider.

--------------------------------------------
733 words in OWC

Last edited:

joshie

Live Update Team
Joshie hits the field for the Kumals and receives a great pass from Edabomb!

God of the NRL

Watching a friend play the game series ‘God of War’ it got me thinking; which teams are relevant to each Greek mythical god. This is a weird idea yes, but after playing 19 games just this year, it really takes a toll on your thought processing and ideas generator; also known as the brain. But anyway, back on topic, I am going to find you the gods, and link them to a team. Enjoy.

Zeus: Zeus is the lightning wielding king of the gods; like a boss. He rules Mt. Olympus, otherwise known as ANZ stadium, and is greatly feared. There are only a few teams you could relate to Zeus, but I think only one team deserves it; the Melbourne Storm. This season they went 12 games in a row without a loss, finished Minor Premiers and although they did not quite win their final battle, the war is still not over. Just like Zeus they are not invincible but they always find a way back from the bottom to once again stride at the top. Melbourne ‘Zeus’ Storm.

Apollo: Apollo is the god of music, healing, prophecies and plague. This has New Zealand warriors written all over it. The chilled out lifestyle of the New Zealand society, the musical gifts every Kiwi seems to have, the prophecy of one day they will conquer the almighty ANZ stadium and the plague that every time they get close enough, they are struck down by another god as they can JUST taste glory. New Zealand ‘Apollo’ Warriors.

Hades: Hades is the king of the underworld, the god of the dead and the hidden wealth of the earth. This to me is pretty close to the Sydney Roosters. They have all the wealth they need to be successful and it may very well be the hidden wealth of the earth, yet they are the kings of the underworld because this season they stayed pretty low on the ladder. Their players caucus’ lay still on their paddock at the end of 26 rounds, Carney and Ryles the noticeable, and as they try and regroup they can never escape their haunted reality. Sydney ‘Hades’ Roosters.

Ares: Ares is the God of War, Bloodlust, violence and Manly courage. I can only really relate this to one team; the sea eagles. In round 25 this season, Ares tried to destroy Zeus at his peak, sparking a violent war which broke out between the two, before erupting for a second time minutes later. The bloodlust attitude and the courage, that only be described as Manly courage is what leads me to my next statement. Manly ‘Ares’ Sea Eagles.

Ourea: Ourea is the god of the Mountains. The Penrith Panthers could be related to this god for the simple fact that they stand to guard the Blue Mountains from all entering fiends. They do their best to protect the mountains, and although they sometimes fall short, they are always hopeful and protecting their lands. Penrith ‘Ourea’ Panthers.
Cronus: Cronus is not exactly a god as such, it is a Titan. He was the leader of the Titans he overthrew his father, to then in turn be overthrown by Zeus. The Gold Coast Titans can be Cronus simply because they are already titans. They can be Cronus because in their first year, they won many early on, before crashing and burning in their last match, losing to the Storm in a big fashion. I can see similarities in these stories. Gold Coast ‘Cronus’ Titans.

I know what you are probably thinking at this stage, what a crock of shit, but hey, this is creativity at its finest. I mean who else finds the link between Greece and Rugby League teams in Australia. Who else could think of such things as Todd Carney being like Dionysus, the god of Wine, Parties and forever young? No one else can that is why it is so good. Now I believe if we placed all these gods into a ring, it could anyone’s game, they could shine and win, but unfortunately we have to wait until 2012 to see who can change and dethrone other gods.

Last edited:

Azkatro

First Grade
logo_kangaroos_aust.jpg

Azkatro for the Kangaroos.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Will Hopoate’s gap year

The Parramatta Eels must have a lot of faith in William Hopoate.

I might be mistaken, but I don’t recall ever hearing of a player signing for a club more than 2 years before he’ll play a single game for them.

A lot can happen in the space of 2 years. Between 2008 and 2010, Parramatta went from also-rans to appearing in a Grand Final. Dennis Fitzgerald was ousted by the rebel 3P ticket and Paul Osborne took over as CEO. Michael Hagan was displaced as coach and replaced by Daniel Anderson. As the club foundered, Stephen Kearney was announced as a replacement. Not least of all, players such as Brett Finch, Joe Galuvao, Eric Grothe, Nathan Cayless, Krisnan Inu, Todd Lowrie, Tony Williams, Daniel Wagon, Tim Smith, Taulima Tautai, Chad Robinson, Mark Riddell and Feleti Mateo all left Parramatta or retired in that 2 year period.

With a controversial figure like Osborne at the helm, it is likely that the Parramatta we watched in 2011 will be a quite different looking side by the time 2014 arrives.

Meanwhile, Hopoate will be on a religious mission. Rugby league players at the elite level typically have the eye of the tiger. They’re aggressive, intense, physical individuals. Having successfully played for NSW in 2011, Hopoate meets all these characteristics. While on a religious mission for 2 years, how effectively he’ll be able to retain his competitive edge is anybody’s guess.

Just to add to the complete faith both parties are showing in one another in signing this contract, Parramatta is banking on a huge increase in the salary cap on the back of a new TV deal, set to take effect in 2013. If that doesn’t happen, the Eels are going to be dedicating an outrageous chunk of their cap to one player; a player who will enter proceedings on the back of a 2-year hiatus.

No matter which way you look at it, this deal is extraordinary. It is a huge leap of faith by the Eels. But there are plenty of factors that suggest it’s a smart one.

His decision is not without precedent. Fellow mormons Jordan Rapana, Fraser Anderson and even Hopoate’s brother Albert all opted to go on their mission. Israel Folau, however, was excused from his obligation to go on a 2 year mission in lieu of playing professional rugby league for the Broncos. Had he gone on his mission, Folau would be set to return – presumably to the Broncos – for 2012, aged 22.

That’s not how it panned out. A few short months after announcing his intention to stay with Brisbane long term, Folau announced he had signed a contract to play an unfamiliar sport for more money. Despite the fact he is an elite athlete, it’s unlikely that he will become more than an average Australian rules player. It’s more likely that eventually he will aim to return to the NRL.

From an outside perspective, Folau’s career choices seem a little more scattered than those of Hopoate’s.

Another NRL mormon, Ben Hannant, opted not to go on his mission either. In the wake of Hopoate’s decision Hannant has been quoted as saying it’s “something he wished he did”. An accomplished representative player, Hannant’s form dipped during a 2-year stint with the Bulldogs before returning to Brisbane in 2011. Consequently he missed out on what was shaping to be a certain promotion to starting prop for the Queensland side following Steve Price’s retirement.

My view is that Will Hopoate has made an excellent decision. Players who rise to the top early in their career are often prone to burnout, and for Hopoate the timing is perfect. He would have worked extremely hard for a long period in order to become a representative player, but it is still early enough in his career for him to have a desire to achieve more.

In fact, the timing is akin to a gap year after finishing high school. But while most gap years would involve copious amounts of alcohol, late nights and partying, Hopoate’s will be the polar opposite.

It’s a sign that the man who will emerge from the other side and lace up the boots for the Eels will be a mature, balanced individual; a proven talent who will be itching to get back out onto the field.

His contract signing has all the hallmarks of being looked back on as an inspired decision on both sides of the fence.

---------------------------------------------------------------

747 words. Liftoff!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow | Australia
logo_kangaroos_aust.jpg

Sitting on the Porch...

small

Waiting for Cronulla to win a premiership is like leaving the porch lamp on for Harold Holt.

If reports are correct, the last hurrah for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Rugby League Football Club could come as soon as March 2012. That's when the New South Wales State Government (Department of Planning) is due to hand down its decision on the proposed Sharks Development, next door to Cronulla's home ground and adjacent to Woolooware Bay. If approved, the $300 million project to build a shopping and residential precinct on Sharks' land will provide the club with an initial advance and a much needed windfall. But if rejected, it's hard to see how the club will survive.

Sharks Chairman Damian Irvine highlighted the importance of the Government decision earlier this year.

"It would be a severe and shocking blow if it was rejected," Irvine said to News Limited.

Of course, Cronulla are no strangers to financial strife. Since the club's inception in 1967, they have relied on assistance. Cronulla's lack of funds was further revealed in the 1970s when the NSWRL provided a bail out package. There have been a number of handouts since with the ARL and Super League being amongst those to open their chequebooks.

In 2004, former coach John Lang declared: "The Sharks have no influence and no money. They have spent half their history staving off bankruptcy... some seasons have been a success just to exist."

Ouch.

My previous article on the Cronulla Sharks was in early 2009, following news that the club couldn't pay staff over the 2008-09 holiday period. The report published during the off-season, based on figures from St George Bank, went through relatively unnoticed. I say 'relatively' because in my opinion the Sharks were close to folding. The club eventually borrowed $500,000 to cover wages. They actually asked for $1 million but the bank checked the assets and said no. Not surprising considering the club was already $12 million in debt to St George. For all intents and purposes, the Sharks had just maxed out. They were worse than broke, they had run out of credit. They had reached the point of no longer being able to trade on the goodwill of their main creditor.

The initial indifference to the report soon escalated into a major talking point amongst fans and commentators. The issue intensified with a spill at board level when Irvine replaced Barry Pierce as Chairman. In the months that followed, Cronulla's depression deepened as the team's on-field performance hit a low ebb, and that's saying something for a club that had failed to win a single premiership. Home crowd numbers were plummeting, the debt-riddled football club was reportedly losing over $20,000 per game due to poor gate takings. Then there was the legacy of embarrassing dramas off the field and in the board room. By the end of 2009, after narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon, Cronulla could have been excused for throwing in the towel.

To the credit of those involved, Cronulla managed to hang on for another year. St George Bank were 'back on board'. The financial situation has reportedly become 'stable' as creditors and administrators stand by for the Government decision in March. The National Rugby League has already declared that there'll be no financial bail out for the Sharks, but have stopped short of pulling the pin pending the development decision.

Unfortunately for the Sharks, they appear to have lost the support of local NSW MP Mark Speakman. In November 2011, halfway through the public review process, the Cronulla MP voiced strong opposition to the development, despite the Government accepting the redevelopment proposal in February. While not a death blow, it does highlight a level of growing dissatisfaction for the plan with traffic and environmental concerns being raised by lobby groups and local councillors, including Mayor Carol Provan. Indeed, there exists a growing opposition to the development, and therefore the Sharks' future.

Should they fold, Cronulla will join a list of famous and not-so-famous clubs that fell short of the requirements to field a side in the toughest Rugby League competition in the world. Annandale, University, Glebe, Newtown and North Sydney spring to mind - clubs that failed the tests of financial, geographical and/or on-field success. In Cronulla's case, it appears that they have been struggling on all counts since 1967.

So we wait, sitting on the porch, and speculating aloud if the time to switch off the lamp is finally drawing near.

Reference | http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/doubts-over-cronullas-proposed-lifeline-20111005-1l9nm.html
Reference | http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-chairman-damian-irvine-fumes-as-local-mp-mark-speakman-deserts-development/story-e6frexnr-1226181854444
Quote | Jack Gibson

Last edited:
AUSTRALIA

Red Bear - Peter Finch-Wallace (739)
I found this an interesting read, bringing up a comparison that many have yet to hear. Being a hardcore Roosters fan, it only took weeks to see what life after Fittler would be like. Who knows how this will pan out. This article was well written, well structured, and hit the point nicely.

Azkatro - Will Hopoate's Gap Year (747)
A read regarding, well, pretty much the return of William Hopoate to the NRL in 2014 (honestly when I first read the title I thought this could be like Ferris Bueller's Day Off). It covers the point extremely well, bringing in comparing experiences, the dangers and personal opinion. Well done.

Willow - Sitting On The Porch (750)
Very well written. This article regards the financial dangers the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (I like the long names dammit). I know this topic has been done to death, but the structure of the article still makes it extremely interesting. Very well researched too.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA

AlwaysGreen - Pride (670)
This was a nice personal piece. It speaks of tribalism (which I guess hits the perfect mark when mentioning the recent Rugby World Cup), and personal love for Rugby League. Good man. It was short and scattered, but the point got hit, which is the important thing. The international game needs more articles like this.

edabomb - The Future Of The Big Game (733)
An opinion piece regarding the potential allocation of venues for Grand Finals. I'm also a traditionalist, and the idea has merit, but we can discuss this outside marking (don't get me bloody started on Melbourne...please...). Either way, the important thing is that you got your point across and it was well written.

Joshie - God Of The NRL (697)
A piece depicting mythological Gods and comparing them to Rugby League teams. I don't mean to sound horrible, but this piece seems a bit rushed. There are errors littered all over (for example, you see "Melbourne Storm" and "Minor Premiers"...then you see "sea eagles" and "New Zealand warriors)...it's very here and there with the writing. Despite what you said, I think the idea had merit, creativity was included and the point was written well. Despite this, the structure and writing has hit your score hard.

AUSTRALIA 262
PAPUA NEW GUINEA 255
POTM - Willow

edabomb

First Grade
Thanks for the marks NT :) Feel free to expand on your opinion around Melbourne... :lol:

Congrats to Australia - a well deserved win. Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Congratulations to Australia and Mr Referee for breaking the world record for quickest marking. :D Loved all the reads.

joshie

Live Update Team
Joshie - God Of The NRL (697)
A piece depicting mythological Gods and comparing them to Rugby League teams. I don't mean to sound horrible, but this piece seems a bit rushed. There are errors littered all over (for example, you see "Melbourne Storm" and "Minor Premiers"...then you see "sea eagles" and "New Zealand warriors)...it's very here and there with the writing. Despite what you said, I think the idea had merit, creativity was included and the point was written well. Despite this, the structure and writing has hit your score hard.

Haha it wasent a bit rushed, it was extremely rushed lol!! Thanks for the marks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well played Kumuls and thanks ref. Thanks for the POTM too, although I think it is shared between Azkatro and myself.

Great work RB and Az, The Roos have bounced back. Next stop, the all powerful Kiwis.

Haha it wasent a bit rushed, it was extremely rushed lol!! Thanks for the marks.

Haha we've all been there. At least you've done a major contribution, more than I can say for myself. But I gotta say, I've missed this year and you've improved out of sight. Well done man!

Well played Kumuls and thanks ref. Thanks for the POTM too, although I think it is shared between Azkatro and myself.

Great work RB and Az, The Roos have bounced back. Next stop, the all powerful Kiwis.

I've always been able to count...
Thanks. lol

Latest posts