What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GRAND FINAL - Bluebags -V- Ninjas

joshie

Live Update Team
Alright folks, as per usual with Jesbass, there has been a delay, but...

I finish work in 2 hours and the place is dead. I'm caught up on all my work (for once) so you'll have your marks before I leave work. :thumn

Thank you all (once again) for your patience, and I apologise (again) for the delay.

Thanks for the update champ :) take your time (not really) it is a grand final after all!!

T MINUS 1 Hour 59 minutes and 59 seconds until mArks are released (hopefully)

Jesbass

First Grade
Just to send you all into a flurry...I've finished marking. Now I need to assign the marks to the appropriate authors, then arrange them into team lists, and we'll finally have our 2011 champions...

Jesbass

First Grade
We have a winner!

But I'm not telling you who it until I write my post-match notes.

But I'll give you a clue: the winning club is not the Warriors... :cry: (That result really surprised me! :sarcasm:)

Hallatia

Referee
Jes, you know I love you, but you have really pushed the limits of douchebaggerry since full time has been called on this game.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

joshie

Live Update Team
Lol now I know what it feels like to be in the bottom two of the x factor, all this nervous waiting

Jesbass

First Grade
Jes, you know I love you, but you have really pushed the limits of douchebaggerry since full time has been called on this game.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Will the real Billy Madison please stand up! :D

(Writing post-match notes right now!) :thumn

Jesbass

First Grade
Referee's Notes

Okay, first things first. I'd like to thank you all for having the collective patience of a giant saint. (Or maybe lots of little saints put together to form St Voltron...)

And I don't mean this just for the Grand Final, but for just about every match I've refereed in 2011. I certainly haven't enjoyed making people wait, but life has a pesky way of slowing me down often, so although I've found this refereeing gig extremely rewarding, I won't be doing this fulltime in the future...unless we're desperate for numbers again!

Second things second, congratulations to both teams that made the grand final. The quality of this match stepped up a few notches and I was really impressed by all of the articles. If any neutral spectators are reading this, I highly recommend you read the articles because they truly are great.

Third things third, thank you for your great sportsmanship. I particularly enjoyed the logo debate at the beginning of the thread, because it showed that while both teams are here to win, they're also here to enjoy themselves.

Fin.

Oh wait...the marks, right? Okay, here they are...

Newtown Bluebags:
AlwaysGreen: Wow. I don’t what to say. This was, to me, a brilliant article, because this was, to me, the epitome of what it is to support a team for several seasons. Perhaps one of the reasons this rings so true is that despite life’s many changes, (lost loved ones, entrances to parenthood, fashion and health changes), our league team seems to be one of life’s pillars that’s always there. This was – and I don’t say this lightly – a beautiful article. 95
Timmah: This was a great piece about the placement of rugby league in the Australian consciousness, as well as its perceived steps forward. I was at the NRL Grand Final and I can attest to the atmosphere and the professionalism of the event – just a pity about the result! 91
muzby: As far as originality goes, this was off the scale! A very humorous take on Lockyer’s injury and his (until now) enduring career. It was so easy to imagine the voice of Wally Lewis during his dialogue. A note, though, that the tense seemed to change from past to present to past – something to keep an eye out for in the future. And I really like that Raper joke... 91
gorilla: A humorous take on what has been happening on top of the head of one of our best known rugby league personalities. As an ex-ginga myself, (I saw the errors of my ways and literally grew out of it), I enjoyed this very original article. 89
Willow: As the supporter of a team that has only made two grand finals, (and, crucially, lost them both), matches like the one against Melbourne warm the cockles of my heart. It’s genuinely disappointing to see the attitude of some of those quoted in the article, but it’s also heartening that there are many Melbourne fans who buck this trend. A well written article on a timely topic, and one that is predictably close to my heart. 90

TOTAL: 456

Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas:
gUt: A great tale, full of imagery and humour. I enjoyed the way the main theme – karma – shifted to impact different people across the piece. Well done. 91
joshie: Wow. A touching story of tenacity and perseverance. I actually have a brother with epilepsy – among other mental and physical handicaps – and I’ve witnessed firsthand his seizures on many an occasion. I applaud you for refusing to be defeated. Your mark is as much for your story as it is for the way in which you told it. 90
jamesgould: There’s something about Grand Finals that bring out the best in players, and this article is one such example. You took a risky approach with your style, but I thought it was extremely clever – painting a communal picture of the event from various sets of eyes, all watching the same special moment. I don’t know if you’ve seen a movie called Fever Pitch, but this method reminded me of the final scenes. Well done. 93
CobyDelaney: Brilliant article. A tale of denial in many senses and beautifully written. I really enjoyed the evocative imagery you presented. There really isn’t much more I can add - well done. 93
edabomb: Plenty of humour in this one. It reminded me of those predictions that every house would have two helicopter pads by 1990, etc. And I laughed out loud at “that kick has flown horribly afoul!” A fun speculation of a speculation. 92

TOTAL: 459

FULL TIME: Ninjas defeat the Bluebags 459-456.

POTM And Ozzie Medalist: AlwaysGreen

Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninas: 2011 Premiers!

jamesgould

Juniors
WOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks for the markIng and bad luck Newtown.

Man, that's pretty exciting, definitely worth the wait.

Chuck would be proud. :p

Hallatia

Referee
that was just for the fact that a result has been posted.

Thanks ref and well done to both teams. Has there ever been a game with such high scores across the board?

Hallatia

Referee
And a huge congratulations to my team for doing Chuck Norris proud. We've had a great season and what a way to finish.:clap::clap::clap:
\\\\:D/\\\\:D/

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Huge congratulations Ninjas. Lots of beaut reads and well deserved. :clap: Good luck in 2012. :thumn

Big congrats to AlwaysGreen on the ozzie medal. :clap: :clap: One of our hardest working players in 2011 and a star performer. It's tremendous seeing new players embrace the game. To see them get better with each match is such a bonus.

Special thanks to Drew-sta who has taken over the reins of the Bluebags. To my fellow baggers, I'm sure you'll bounce back. 2012 is sure to be a super year.

Thanks ref and cheers for keeping us in suspense. ;-)

Long live the F7s!

joshie

Live Update Team
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH NINJAS I AM SO f**kING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!

Wow what a year this has been, and now we get to celebrate long into the night with PREIMERSHIP RINGS!! thanks so much jesbass for the marks, and

Newtown, you guys are the most feared of the comp, you guys always pump out quality and to be able to play you guys in the final, it was a great experience!!

Willow, that concludes one hell of a full-time career for you and I thank you for everything you have done for this comp :)

Edabomb, thanks so much for being the captain of all captains! We have spent two years together and it's been great and under your guidance we pulled this off!!

OMFG WE WON!!!!!!

gUt

Coach
Wow that's great, well done Ninjas we got the double! Thanks Bluebags and thanks Jessbass, but mostly thanks to the Ninjas, you're a great bunch.

jamesgould

Juniors
Newtown, you guys are the most feared of the comp, you guys always pump out quality and to be able to play you guys in the final, it was a great experience!!

I think I'm right in saying we have never beaten Newtown in the full competition before today - they have been the yardstick for the five years I've been involved.

I have to give credit where it's due to Mr Edabomb as well. I know when the Ninjas came back this year, he wasn't expecting to be captain, but he's done a magnificent job of getting our team organised and building our spirit to the point we were able to pull this off. With a minimal amount of players, as well, it must be said. It's been a pleasure playing for him.

edabomb

First Grade
Where to start, where to start?

Thanks to Jesbass - and all the refs in 2011 for that matter. It is a tough job in such an objectionable competition, but you guys all do a great job :)

Well done to the Bluebags in putting together such a strong season, and a brilliant performance in the GF. It really did take something special to win this one - and that's a tribute to how strong your team is across the board. Congrats to Always Green on the Ozzie medal, and all the best to Willow in your ventures next year.

Ninjas - awesome stuff guys. To come from an 11th hour entry to winning both competition has been unbelievable. The way you guys stuck together when our numbers began to dwindle halfway through the season was out of this world - and to be able to ramp up our performances over the past three matches was inspirational. 2011 Champions!!!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thanks for the swift marking Mr Referee Sir. A great and high quality match, well done to the Chucks who were brilliant all year long.

On a personal level, winning the ozzie medal is a great honor - from what I've read the man who the award was named after was greatly respected by all.

Thanks to all the bluebag blokes and blokettes, especially skipper willow. We'll be back.

Last edited: