What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Starting fresh for the new season 2011. Old thread here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=343558

A few things off the top pulled from that old thread

- Brisbane are moving to a sponsorship front-of-jersey with NRMA - image next post
- Bulldogs are moving from x-Blades to CCC
- Sharks have asked their fans to choose one of three designs for their away strip, and are moving to x-Blades - image next post
- Knights are likely to be moving from KooGa to x-Blades as well
- the Eels logo will change to one resembling the 1980's/90's logo they had. Jersey is also believe to be similar to this year's heritage strip
- Penrith have confirmed their three jerseys - image next post
- Dragons will be ditching Wolverine to Steelers for their alternate strip

Other clubs are either not changing or yet to confirm changes.

As usual I'll put together a current sponsors list and see if many are changing in 2011 as well.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Screenshot2010-08-10at52846PM.png

pen2011jerseys.jpg

00007846-image.jpg

00007847-image.jpg

00007848-image.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
I haven't seen the official result of that poll btw... I hope the black inverse retro won because the other two just look stupid IMO.

LOVE the Panthers retro though!!!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
good to see the removal of block advertising on the broncos jersey, unfortunately it still looks weird cos of those yellow things near the neck :(

AB129*

Juniors
I'm hoping that jerseys 1 and 3 in the Sharks poll were just there to make sure No. 2 won. Personally, I really like it and I think it will look even better in the flesh, rather than on a screen. It also signals a return to the 'hoops' design for the home jumper in the near future.

hellteam

First Grade
I really can't understand how anyone working at Penrith can justify their boring home design now over that awesome retro jersey.

Bring it back full time!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Is there any confirmation that Parra are definitely changing to the Heritage strip or is it still at the rumour stage?

Panthers retro - thumbs up!

At least the Broncos new sponsor has a logo that 'blends' in with the background, similar to the rule in the English Premier league. That block logo of thier previous sponsor was ugly.

There is also a rumour the Eels are changing from ISC to another manufacturer, possibly adidas.

Spitty

Juniors
I really can't understand how anyone working at Penrith can justify their boring home design now over that awesome retro jersey.

Bring it back full time!

Won't happen for at least 3 years now. Apparantly changing the the little strip at the end of the sleeve from red to teal and moving teal from the back of the collar to the front, is a sufficient enough change to the jersey to qualify it as a new jersey and the start of the new 3 year cycle.

I can tell you that our jersey designer has been told by the club that they want him to make minor changes to the home jersey. Apparently they are looking at finally changing the revolving door policy of jerseys and sticking with a design for years to come. I for one agree with the idea.

Smiley

Bench
Panthers retro - thumbs up!

At least the Broncos new sponsor has a logo that 'blends' in with the background, similar to the rule in the English Premier league. That block logo of thier previous sponsor was ugly.

There is also a rumour the Eels are changing from ISC to another manufacturer, possibly adidas.

Makes sense their heritage jersey already uses stripes.

hellteam

First Grade
Won't happen for at least 3 years now. Apparantly changing the the little strip at the end of the sleeve from red to teal and moving teal from the back of the collar to the front, is a sufficient enough change to the jersey to qualify it as a new jersey and the start of the new 3 year cycle.

I can tell you that our jersey designer has been told by the club that they want him to make minor changes to the home jersey. Apparently they are looking at finally changing the revolving door policy of jerseys and sticking with a design for years to come. I for one agree with the idea.

Well I would also agree with that, but the fact is your jersey now is extremely bland, and just has absolutely nothing on the retro jersey.

Timmah

Staff member
I remember reading somewhere that adidas only want to be apparel sponsor for one team in the code, and the Titans have that sewn up for at least the next two seasons IIRC.

Those wanting to see the Eels logo - same as the one in Parramatta1947's avatar with the added 19 on one side and 47 on the other.

NRL%20SUM10_11%20Range19.jpg

Charlie124

First Grade
The Panthers retro jersey looks fantastic, great to see.

The Broncos have gone a long way towards bringing some pride and respect back to the look of their jersey, and i dont mind the yellow neck/shoulder panels, at least i dont think it makes the jersey look bad.

Options 1 and 3 for the Sharks jerseys are probably the 2 worst designed jerseys ive ever seen. The first one looks like a referees jersey with sharks colours and the other one looks a Telstra logo got drunk on cheap cask wine and savagely raped an ANZ bank logo and this was the bastard child that arrived 9 horrifying months later. Kill it with fire.

I havent heard any news about whether or not the Cowboys are changing our jersey design for 2011 but i was interested to see that Rebel Sport are selling the current jersey much cheaper than normal which leads me to believe they know that it wont be the same next season. All of the teams who are changing designs are selling cheaper while clubs that arent changing have remained at the higher selling price. I kind of hope we do as part of the big changes that are happening with the club in the offseason. A fresh start with a new look team would be welcome by a lot of fans and i know there are some fans who arent too fussed on our current jersey anyway. Id love to see us revert back to the original design from 1995.

Timmah

Staff member
The current NQ design has been around since 2008 IIRC, so it's fulfilled its 3yr requirement, that may very well mean it's changing.

I literally lol'ed at your assessment of the Sharks options :lol:

Latest posts