What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 10: Dragons -V- Bluebags

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great effort Johnsy. You definitely answered the call. You saved the F7s Dragons in 2011.

Standby for 2012... you're not done yet dude. :D

Titanic

First Grade
[FONT=&quot]Here you go:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
BLUEBAGS

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Love the Love, Love the Hate.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] – JoeD (655 OWC)
Focusing on the events of the Storm/Sea Eagles match of Friday week ago, the author rationalises the appeal of rugby league through its passion. A non-judgemental commentary that is sound without reaching any great heights. 85[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The Queensland Connection – Willow (750 OWC)
An informative and well-presented contribution that explores the historic ties between some Queenslanders and the St. George Rugby League Club. One could not be blamed for thinking that this article belonged to their opposition. Good read. 88

untitled posting – Rexxy (751 OWC)*
A must read for those unfortunate enough not to have seen Johnny Raper and his generation play. Particularly apt as he played for both Newtown and the Dragons. 85 (87-2 word count error)

No Frills Rugby League – Red Bear (714 OWC)
A nose-thumbing effort, pointedly supporting the “sport for sport’s sake” lobby while pooh-poohing the contemporary penchant for the three Ps. No argument here. 88

It’s a Great Axe – Cliffhanger (655 OWC)
The internal debate rages in this article where the modern-day supporter’s loyalties are considered against the mercenary nature of the professional rugby league player. Thought provoking. 86

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DRAGONS[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

“Friday Night Fights” “Brawl at Brookie” “Fight Night black Eye for Code” – _Johnsy (749 OWC)
A narrative piece that spotlights the controversial incidents in the Manly/Melbourne blockbuster of the previous week. The author suggests that the penalty handed out to Brett Stewart wasn’t indicative of the seriousness of the deed … hard to argue with that. 85

Wicked game – Muzby (750 OWC)
A novel concept set in Kansas, Australia. Creative and well thought through fantasy with the exception of Beau’s home which is soon to be north of the border. Really enjoyed it, thanks. 91

Coconut football – Drew-Sta (733 OWC)
Ouch … a window into the “park” rugby league culture in the island Kingdom of Tonga. Kids will be kids and the lack of a footie never stopped anybody from throwing it around. 87

*repeat untitled posting – Rexxy (750 OWC)
I checked the word count on the double posting and realised your error, however, I feel obliged to accept the original as your posting … sympathies, it happens to us all

BLUEBAGS 432
defeated DRAGONS 263

POTM: Muzby (Dragons) … 91.[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks a million Ref. :thumn

Congrats to muzby on the POTM and well played everyone.

F7s semis... here we come...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks for the reffing!

Az, looks like you'll snag that BP award this year my friend :) Well done, I was keeping pace but just couldn't pull my last two articles up in line with what I wanted.

Muzzers, you never cease to amaze me with your articles!

Thanks Saints for a top season, now back to the good ship Bluebag and away we go!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
cheers titanic, thanks for the score & potm.. yeah, i knew beau was going up to QLD, but i thought given it was a fantasy based story, the bunnies could live the dream of having him return to them ;-)

thanks bluebags for a good game.. such a shame we couldn't get the full 5 in.. but big thanks to johnsy & drew for stepping up..

don't know what that means for the dragons next year, as the three of us who played this game won't be returning for them. hopefully some strong recuritment can happen in the off season..

Azkatro

First Grade
Thanks for the kind words Drew-Sta. Having guys like you and muzby on my tail has kept me on my toes all year, that's for sure!

Latest posts