What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 6: Panthers -V- Bluebags

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Take your time ref. We're more relaxed than a Brian Smith convention.

Jesbass

First Grade
In my rush to get home to win some brownie points with bgdc after working late, I left the scoresheet file in my desktop BUT I did remember you all at the most inappropriate time (coitus interruptus) - I'm sure you feel privileged?

After sleeping on the couch, I'm at the airport now, back later tonight and I will be in the office early tomorrow morning and will post then. Apologies to all.

This is the perfect opportunity for me to work on my comb over!

youre-fired.jpg

...ahem. Not really. Please stay... :eek:

Titanic

First Grade
Here it is. Sorry again for the delay.

BLUEBAGS

Player Loyalty.... SOLD to this highest bidder
– Kiwi (750 OWC)
The writer expands on the views of many that the salary cap is basically flawed and provides some suggestions to underpin the “loyalty” factor. Solid debut. 85

The Victorian – AlwaysGreen (750 OWC)
There is at least one in every crowd, whether they be Victorian or a Colliwobble or heaven forbid both as features in this somewhat rambling account of an obnoxious twit getting his own. 86

With Friends Like These…
– Cliffhanger (746 OWC)
A novel perspective that dances around the often sensitive subject of friends who just don’t “get” rugby league. Potentially a thought-evoking theme that lost its way in places. 85

Wouldn’t be dead for quids! – Willow (750 OWC)
Bloody rotten hell – have you no mercy, writing such memory-evoking stuff for someone to read 10,000 miles away from home? 89

Battlelines? – Red Bear (740 OWC)
The league-centric, AFL-hysteric fans who cannot grasp the real strengths of our great sport permeate all levels of Australian society … do I need to mention Bob Katter. Fair call. 87

Panthers

Sam Haron – madunit (739 OWC)
A little known historical anecdote of one of early casualties of rugby league. Well presented and treated with the appropriate amount of pathos without being overly dramatic. 87

Graphics – LeagueNut (737 fingers & toes)
A unique presentation of the authors issues with the contemporary predilection of the rugby league community with statistics. Yes it was out there and confusing at times while missing the point at others but… 86

Fake Braith Anasta interview – Azkatro (747 OWC – located non-referenced interview)
How hard it is to be humble and why are they so cruel to me are expressions that could have been penned about the “fictitious” character at the centre of this piece. Multi-tasking certainly requires concentration and dedication. 86

#NRL & the Social Media Monster – Big Mick (750 OWC)
A well-presented, conclusive exposé on the relevance of social media to NRL. I suppose it begs the question, will the f7s.v2 template be 140 characters or less? 90

My Fantasy –Didgi (749 OWC)
The intrusion of fantasy-itis into the psyche of rugby league fans is one of the challenges facing the independent commission and the core of this debate is well-defined in this article. The fact that the writer alludes to his “fantasy leagues” (highlight plural) is proof in hand. 87

PANTHERS 436 defeated BLUEBAGS 432

POTM: Big Mick (Panthers) 90.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref and no worries about the delay.

Congrats Panthers... hope to see you again in the semis.

Onwards and upwards baggers. There were some great reads on both sides. :thumn

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Fantastic reads by everyone this outing, LeagueNut's graphs were very chuckle worthy :lol:. Well done Panthers, thank you referee type person.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Thanks ref - hope there's no more interruptus for you now...

I thought those graphs could be quite hit-and-miss, I'm glad they seem to be hitting the mark. I don't think I'll risk pulling them out again though.

Congrats to both teams on another great match. Onwards and upwards for the mighty Panthers!! :D

Big Mick

Referee
Thanks for the marking Titanic.

Very pleased with the score. I think that may be my first ever POTM. :D Chuffed by that!

Congrats to both Panthers and Bluebags, I'm sure we'll meet again at some point!

Well done everyone

Latest posts