What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 7: Bluebags -V- Ninjas

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks heaps for the super swift marking ref. Gobsmacked by the POTM.

Great match and as close as they come. Beaut reads from the Ninjas and fellow baggers. :clap:

edabomb

First Grade
Cheers for the instant turnaround and comments madunit.

Congrats to the Bluebags, deserved winners.

Great effort Ninjas, just came up a little short. We enjoyed our round at the top of the table, will have to try and get back there before the end of the season.

Hallatia

Referee
Newtown 425

Willow – Jamie Soward is a wanker – 745 words - 88
I really enjoyed this piece, magnificent use of sarcasm. Having come from the same nursery as Soward, I too laugh at his haters, much to the chagrin of most people who dislike the Dragons. If he’s a wanker, then by God, I hope I’m one too!

AlwaysGreen – Radical, dude – 750 words – 83
An interesting idea on how to possibly move the game forward. Great lead up, but I felt that you lacked a more thorough reason as to why the change is required, given your reason for change was due to a tactic employed since the game’s birth. Very well written and inclined to create good vigorous debate nonetheless.

Cliffhanger – Our Season Is Still Alive – 746 words – 83
A fans insight into their clubs poor form. A few small errors, but nevertheless a well written piece. I would have liked the article to have remained as it began, a very personal insight, but it became a brief summation before returning to the same style as it began. Definitely a good angle.

JoeD – The Big Brag with thanks to Dr Seuss – 664 words – 85
An amusing piece of poetry in a Dr Seuss-esque style. As someone who has written a poetry piece before in this competition I know just how hard it is, so kudos for pulling it off. There were a few grammatical errors, but overall, it read and flowed very nicely. Very nicely written.

Red Bear – Partying Like It’s 1999 – 745 words – 86
A reflective piece. Looking back on a time when the writer was first drawn to Rugby League and readying himself for the future without the players he watched in his childhood. Awesome article.

Ninjas 424

joshie – Return – 719 words – 83
An article about the Storm history following the life of Jesus. Firstly, great idea, but a very complicated one to make work. I personally thought some of your links between Jesus and the Storm were a little forced to try and make the article work. I think if you had’ve opted for an all-out comical piece you would’ve made it work much better. Big wraps though joshie, you’re ideas and writing has improved immensely in a very short time, please keep at it, you are getting better every week!

gUt – Match Day – 716 words – 87
Magnificent article showing just how closely a fans life on match day mirrors that of a league player. Brilliantly written and oh so true. Loved it!

CobyDelaney – Elite vs “Elite” – 746 words – 87
The differences between the Elite and the not-quite-so-elite. Very amusing yet honest piece that really does tell it like it is. Very well done indeed.

edabomb – Sign Of The Times – 747 words – 85
A look into the lack of personalities in the NRL. An honest well thought out piece which shows the more restricted ways of today’s game and its players compare to those in the past.

jamesgould – The Best Night Ever – 750 words – 83
A fans recount of their experience at the 2008 World Cup final. A summary of the key moments of the 2008 World Cup Final with brief interludes of the fans emotions and feelings throughout.

Newtown wins 425-424
POTM - Willow
I think your maths is off, they are both 425.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
right you are, well we have a draw then!

time to edit my post

thanks Hala

Hallatia

Referee
I do what I can to try to ensure we remain number one.

Hold on, are we still top of the ladder?