What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012/13 Sheffield Shield Final: Tasmania vs Queensland at Hobart - 22-26 Mar 2013

IanG

Coach
For discussion on this season's Sheffield Shield Final
Tasmania vs Queensland at Bellerive Oval, Hobart
22-26 March

Queenslad will be looking for a clean sweep of domestic titles (if you include the Brisbane Heat) and I'm sure Tassie will be wanting another Shield title to send Punter out on a high.

Pretty sure Fox Sports will be televising it too

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Unfortunatly the wickets for Shield Finals tend to in down that path because the home team only need a draw to win the title where as the away team need an outright win.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Does anyone think Ponting will retire from fc cricket. He's still scoring runs and he wants to play badly enough he is travelling from Sydney to Tasmania to train. He is also playing county cricket afterwards. I can see him going around again next year. He loves cricket and he's killing it for Tassie to the point he's the best batsmen in shield cricket by miles.

Earl

Coach
Hopefully he does.

I would absolutely dread him going into commentary or drifting away from the sport.

Ponting needs to be mentoring/coaching our young batsmen at shield level for the next 10 years

African Monkey

First Grade
It's very rare that players play on after their international careers are over these days. It's good to see players like Ponting giving a bit back to the domestic game and hopefully more players follow suit.

IanG

Coach
Allan Border played a whole season after retiring from international cricket. Mind you that might've also had alot to do with wanting to see Queenland break their Sheffield Shield duck

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tasmaniacs out of the blocks like a sloth on valium.

Draw coming up.

isaiah

Bench
No matter how good they are at blocking, qld has the attack to get 20 wickets in a five day game.. Go theunderdogs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Terrible to watch, already playing for the draw. Nothing worse go the Bulls i hope they knock them over.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor miss by Hartley, and is this the fantastic keeper everyone is fapping over???? I know Scissorhands wouldn't have got a glove on it but still big miss.

Latest posts