What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012-13 UEFA Champions League Final @ Wembley Stadium, 4:45AM kickoff SBS

How will the final go?

• Bayern Munich win after extra time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borussia Dortmund win after penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course they weren't underdogs ffs they thrashed Real Madrid for god's sake. They certainly didn't play like underdogs. Subotic :lol: give me a break, not Bayern worthy at all.

Lol at still being a whiney little girl about transfers. 100% self sufficient making money like a boss without relying on Arab sheiks and TV deals, attracting the best talent and winning the Champions League like it ain't a thang. Don't be bitter please.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Best Europapokal finale in years, probably since 2005. Credit to Doofmund aside from Lewandowski. Fantastic match on the biggest stage. Congrats on ignoring the Bundesliga y'all.

Who was it that said Dortmund have the edge over FCB? 5 matches, 3 wins, 2 draws lol

Weren't you the one doing your best Des Hasler impersonation and saying Dortmund weren't underdogs?

Bayern deserved to win and I'm glad they did. Any team who smashes Barca are ok in my books :D

Big Sam

First Grade
The only way for Pep to improve this team is for 6/6 trophies next season like he did in 2009. Perfectly possible given the squad he will inherit.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Yet you refused too say Dortmund were underdogs, ay whos Bayern buying next You got Gotze and Lewandowski. Not many holes in your team Subotic maybe?

Outside of the BS non Red card, it was a great final. 3rd time lucky, after Inter and a wounded Chelsea, they have finally won.

Also my tip to go back to back

In all fairness TT, every match has a favourite and an underdog.

Looking at media and betting agencies, it was clear that Bayern were massive favorites and Dortmund were definitely underdogs.

Weren't you the one doing your best Des Hasler impersonation and saying Dortmund weren't underdogs?

Bayern deserved to win and I'm glad they did. Any team who smashes Barca are ok in my books :D

How are they underdogs? Both teams are relatively even. The 25 point lead is an indication of the statistic that Dortmund dropped the most points from a winning position than anyone else in the league. All 5 matches were close affairs this season as well.

For some reason Dortmund have this underdogs status like Bayern were playing a shit team. Does this place forget that they walked through the group of champions with consummate ease, ripped apart Madrid and Shakhtar?

If you want Bayern v underdogs tune in to the Pokal finale next week. Stuttgart have no chance.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yet Bayern destroyed, what is known to be one of the Greatest Teams of all time in Barcelona, Madrid were poor for most of the year. Dortmund were underdogs, they had not beaten Bayern all season, so going by that they were underdogs.

And how is it being a little girl about transfers, bayern isnt making youngsters, they are just bullying the smaller clubs in the league, Dortmund challenge you, so they meet both release clauses of Gotze and Lewandowski.

Martinez,Dante,Neuer,Robben,Ribery, Boateng,Mandzukic,Alaba.

I will always agree your buisness model in making money is world class, if not the best but dont act like your club is high and mighty in terms of making talent, in the end Bayern Munich are no better than Chelsea, Man City ir PSG.

Oh can please explain how Dante wasn't given his marching orders?

Is Bayern vs Stuttgart going to be on SBS?

Last edited:
Bayern don't make youngsters?

Badstuber, Alaba, Schweimsteiger, Lahm, Müller, Kroos - all part of the full strength line up. Stop being a little bitch acting like your club doesn't raid teams like Southampton.

EUROPAMEISTER 5 don't be mad son

Martinez wouldn't even start according you :lol:

As for Dante do I look like the ref?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Bayern don't make youngsters?

Badstuber, Alaba, Schweimsteiger, Lahm, Müller, Kroos - all part of the full strength line up. Stop being a little bitch acting like your club doesn't raid teams like Southampton.

EUROPAMEISTER 5 don't be mad son

Martinez wouldn't even start according you :lol:

As for Dante do I look like the ref?

Alaba is Austrian, He played his entire youth career at austria vienna ( Wien), until he was bought by Bayern and put into Bayern 2,

Lahm and Bastien been there for a decade, im talking about last 3-4 Seasons. Muller and Kroos are both brilliant, Kroos been your best player all year and was a massive loss for the final.

Ive Never said Arsenal dont take players from other clubs, but thats what has become of the Premier League.

I would love to see a big core of homegrown players playing for The Gunners

Last edited:
Best player all year? Massive piss take. We destroyed Juventus and Barca without him lol

Alaba was like 15 when he came. Last 3-4 years, how convenient. Are we supposed to churn out superstars on a regular basis? 5 or 6 every season? Dodged the part about your mob raiding other teams though.

You're a bitter Arsenal fan that your mob attracts nobody worth mentioning and FCB can.

Pfft you edited that in after I saw it.

Justifying for your own team the same way you're only butt hurt about Götze because you and your arsenal fans wanted him so badly.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Best player all year? Massive piss take. We destroyed Juventus and Barca without him lol

Alaba was like 15 when he came. Last 3-4 years, how convenient. Are we supposed to churn out superstars on a regular basis? 5 or 6 every season? Dodged the part about your mob raiding other teams though.

You're a bitter Arsenal fan that your mob attracts nobody worth mentioning and FCB can.

Cause Cazorla is a nobody.

Look at who we have sold over last few seasons.

Fabregas WC Midfielder
RVP WC Striker and top 5 in the world
Nasri, Clichy, Song all solid players that went for big fees

WireMan

Bench
Well done to Bayern.

They were the best team on the day.

Enjoy it, United are taking it back next year. :cool:

Oh and TT about your sig, i just overrated la liga. Arsenal did beat Bayern easy enough, the Spanish mob were garbage home and away. meh.
i could make a sig of the cr*p you come out with, but i'm not 12 years old so i won't. ;-)

That's your own clubs fault. Bayern refused to sell Ribéry to Madrid and he re-signed. Stop whining about our transfers, you act like FCB shouldn't improve their squad smh

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Pfft you edited that in after I saw it.

Justifying for your own team the same way you're only butt hurt about Götze because you and your arsenal fans wanted him so badly.

It has nothing to do with Gotze, i would have much rathered Mata,when we had him basically signed before chelsea stepped up the fee and wages. Its no secret arsenal had a chance to sign Gotze in July of 2011, but the fee was way too high, arsenal didnt want to pay 27.5mill for him.

It has too do with the fact that you make out like Bayern is this great club that everyone should model off, but in the end its just a great marketing team thats is cashing in on decades of world wide stature. As i said your basically Man city, chelsea or psg without the Oil money, so basically the German Real Madrid.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
That's your own clubs fault. Bayern refused to sell Ribéry to Madrid and he re-signed. Stop whining about our transfers, you act like FCB shouldn't improve their squad smh

But you say we had/have nobody that anyone cares about, But Fabregas and RVP would walk into your team any day of the week.

Every team should look to improve, but you act like Bayern are any different to the Oil Giants, Bayern may make money somehow in a different way, doesnt change how they spend it, 100mill on 3 players.

Last edited:
So you think being a self sufficient team with no debt that doesn't rely on hand outs from TV deals or Oil Pimps isn't a model to follow? Yes, such a poor structure :lol:

Lets take the arsenal approach. Sell your best players each year. Sign random French players that suck. Celebrate 4th spot. Celebrate qualifying for the CL 15 years in a row. Tell the world "but we matched it for a few minutes with the eventual champions" them complain that teams like Bayern get things done. Celebrate zero trophies.