What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australian Schoolboys etc

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Semi Final 2:NSWCHS 36 (Tries: Willis Meehan 3, Dylan Walker, Luke Vella, Clint Gutherson, Jordan Latham Goals: Dylan Walker 4)defeated QLD 10 (Tries: Jack Goodsell, Luke Bateman Goals: Delayne Ashby)

Players of the Match-
CAS 7 – Charnze Niscoll-Klokstad (Vic Uni Secondary College)
NSWCIS 8 – Jayden Yasar (Toongabbie Christian School)
NSWCCC 1 – Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Patrician Brothers College, Blacktown)
ACT 7 – Matt Frawley (Daramalan College)
QLD 13 – Jai Arrow (Keebra Park State High School)
NSWCHS 1 – Alex Johnston (Endeavour Sports High School)

3 Penrith Man of the Match awards for NSW CCC :D

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Championship Final: NSWCCC 30 (Tries: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3, Halauafu Lavaka 2, Luke Brooks Goals: Mitchel Moses 3)defeated NSWCHS 10 (Tries: Deejay Harris, Alex Johnston Goals: Alex Johnston)

Australian Training Company “Player of the Final” NSWCCC 7 – Luke Brooks (Holy Cross College, Ryde)
Game 2: ACT 28 (Tries: Jarrod McIlwrick, Jordan Martin, Mitch Shaw, Eugene Rebsdorf, Daniel Buitendam, Brenko Lotosniu-Lee Goals: Josh Baker, Tommy Katene) defeated NSWCIS 12 (Tries: Peter Nay, Zayde Alvarado Goal: Nic Andrews, Jack Grant)

Game 3: Queensland 48 (Tries: Jack Goodsell 3, Thomas McLellan, Jayden Nikorima, Kieran Quabba, Joseph Ofahengaue, Luke Bateman, Jarryd Dodd Goals: Delayne Ashby 6) defeated Combined Affiliated States 4 (Tries: Charnze Niscoll-Klokstad)

So pleased Gus re-signed Dallin before these Championships. He was wanted by so many Clubs and his price would have gone up further in the past week.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
18 Years Championships Port Macquarie 2012
Most Valuable Players

ACT​
ACT 7​
Matt Frawley​
Daramalan College

CAS​
CAS 8​
Henry Sang-Yum​
Vic Uni Secondary College

NSWCCC​
NSWCCC 6​
Mitchell Moses​
Holy Cross College, Ryde

NSWCHS​
NSWCHS 3​
Clint Gutherson​
Freshwater High School

NSWCIS​
NSWCIS 9​
Peter Nay​
Blue Mountains Grammar School

Queensland​
QLD 13​
Jai Arrow​
Keebra Park State High School

Player of the Championship NSWCCC 6 – Mitchell Moses (Holy Cross College, Ryde)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
State No.
Name
SCHOOL
QLD 13
Jai Arrow
Keebra Park State High School,
NSWCCC 7
Luke Brooks
Holy Cross College, Ryde
ACT 10
Jeremy Cropper
St Francis Xavier College
NSWCCC 9
Brad Deitz
Holy Cross College, Ryde
NSWCCC 12
Adam Elliot
St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown
QLD 5
Jack Goodsell
Keebra Park State High School
NSWCHS 3
Clint Gutherson
Freshwater High School
NSWCHS 1
Alex Johnston
Endeavour Sports High School
NSWCCC 2
Halauafu Lavaka
Patrician Brothers’ College, Blacktown
NSWCCC 8
Matthew Lodge
Terra Sancta College, Quakers Hill
NSWCCC 13
Chad McGill
NSWCCC 6
Mitchell Moses
Holy Cross College, Ryde
NSWCCC 11
Pauli Pauli
NSWCCC 5
Paul Simona
NSWCCC 10
Chris Smith
NSWCHS 17
Kelepi Tanginoa
Westfield Sports High School
NSWCHS 7
Dylan Walker
Matraville Sports High School
(Team announced in alphabetical order)
Coach: Peter Denham NSWCHS
Manager: Stephen Hooper NSWCCC
Trainer: Damon Rehbein QSSRL
Physiotherapist: Ben Heidenreich QSSRL

JasonE

Bench
I didn't see any games but is anyone else surprised that Cartwright missed out on selection in the Aussie team ?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I didn't see any games but is anyone else surprised that Cartwright missed out on selection in the Aussie team ?

I am.

He has been going great for us in the 20's. He said on Twitter he gave his all at the Championships too.

Surprised Dallin missed out as well. However he is only in Year 11 so he gets another go next year.

ranga

Juniors
I am.

He has been going great for us in the 20's. He said on Twitter he gave his all at the Championships too.

Surprised Dallin missed out as well. However he is only in Year 11 so he gets another go next year.

from feed back I have recieved jaws dropped when these two missed out

Tucantango

Juniors
I am.

Cartwright can feel a little upset, but nothing compared to Watene-Zelezniak. f**k me, just when I thought I seen it all, then this happens! Yes it was always going to hard to displace Alex Johnson (and to be honest they were pretty equal), nevertheless DWZ played out of his skin all tournament and should have been shoe-horned into that team somewhere in the back-line.

DWZ deserved a wing spot at the very least instead of the Queenslander Goodsell. Like a few others he will be back next year, but he deserved this year!

On another note I do hope NSWCHS can sought out their absolute debacle of a political selection process for next year. With the exception of a few players they sent a 'B' team this year and got their back-sides handed to themselves. The best example is Halauafu Lavaka. For two years CHS ignored this kid and when he was offered a carrot from NSWCCC for 2012 he took it. This week he single handedly destroyed CHS, moreso in the final, and now he has fulfilled his dream of becoming an 'Australian Schoolboy'.

Thank you again CHS selectors keep up the great work so that NSWCCC can make it three in a row in 2013! :)

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Goodsell is a New South Welshman from the South Coast.

Well deserved selection for Luke Brooks and a great combination with Mitchell Moses. Also well done to Paul Simona and the Keebra reps.

drago brelli

Bench
I assume the five Blacktown players are Penrith juniors. That club dominate the Matts and Ball comp yet languish at second last in the NRL. Why can't they convert these blokes into first graders. Ten or eleven of the Penrith's first grade team should be locals.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I assume the five Blacktown players are Penrith juniors. That club dominate the Matts and Ball comp yet languish at second last in the NRL. Why can't they convert these blokes into first graders. Ten or eleven of the Penrith's first grade team should be locals.

Sometimes they do, play 200 games, rep for NSW and Aus, make them captain. Then make it so they leave.

drago brelli

Bench
Maybe Gould's plan is to get the locals into the top grade. I know they won't make the 8 but the Dragons team playing this weekend has 10 juniors in the starting 13. What is it that the Dragons do that clubs like Parramatta, Penrith and Newcastle with huge junior areas don't do to get their juniors into first grade.

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=26416&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19907670

After NSWCCC beat NSWCHS 30-10 in the final of the Australian Secondary Schools Championship, the Australian Schoolboys squad was announced to play against the England Academy.

International Series
Australian Schoolboys v England Academy
First International – Canberra Stadium, Canberra, ACT Sunday 5 August – 4.20 pm Kick off Second International – Kougari Oval, Wynnum Manly, Queensland Saturday 11 August – 6.00 pm Kick off

QLD 13, Jai Arrow Keebra Park State High School

NSWCCC 7, Luke Brooks, Holy Cross College, Ryde

ACT 10, Jeremy Cropper, St Francis Xavier College

NSWCCC 9, Brad Deitz, Holy Cross College, Ryde

NSWCCC 12, Adam Elliot, St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown

QLD 5, Jack Goodsell, Keebra Park State High School

NSWCHS 3, Clint Gutherson, Freshwater High School

NSWCHS 1, Alex Johnston, Endeavour Sports High School

NSWCCC 2, Halauafu Lavaka, Patrician Brothers’ College, Blacktown

NSWCCC 8, Matthew Lodge, Terra Sancta College, Quakers Hill

NSWCCC 13, Chad McGill, Patrician Brothers’ College, Blacktown

NSWCCC 6, Mitchell Moses, Holy Cross College, Ryde