What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Dally M Awards Thread - live FOX 8:30pm

Who will win the Dally M in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No. The 'Home of League' thinks Big Brother is more important than the Dally Ms.

Given that Big Brother isn't on at 8:30pm, how do you figure that :?

I dare say that FOX has the rights to it, that's the point?

How do the positional awards work? Do they just give it to the bloke in that position that has the most Dally M points or do they have another criteria?

IIRC 3 of them are given out based on Dally M points, the rest are judged based on a panel.

For example if the top 5 on Dally M Points are:
1. Barba
2. Smith
3. Thurston
4. Cronk
5. Slater

Then Barba wins fullback of the year, Smith wins hooker and Thurston wins 5/8. Halfback would go down to a judges decision (where Cronk would win it anyway)

If the top 5 is
1. Barba
2. Smith
3. Slater
4. Cronk
5. Thurston

Barba wins fullback, Smith wins hooker, Slater despite finishing 3rd can't win fullback as Barba has already won it. Cronk would therefore get halfback automatically and 5/8 would go to a panel's decision.

Not 100% if I am recalling that properly, I am pretty sure that's how they do it. We will see if this holds tonight.

Big Sam

First Grade
I wonder with the NRL trying to take control of the award if they'll make it secret voting for the full 26 rounds. Might make the ceremony 2hrs longer but it would make things far more interesting.

Timmah

Staff member
Gasnier. Uncharacteristical stuff from him there.

dogslife

Coach
Benji looks like he's ensconced in velvet.

I say it every year, but fair dinks some of these blokes are punching well above their weight

Timmah

Staff member
Wow.... he's terrible live.

Well, he's terrible normally but this is painful.