What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 FOUR NATIONS Round 3: Australia vs New Zealand

Monk

Referee
Forum 7s - 4 Nations - 2012
AUSTRALIA KANGAROOS -V- NEW ZEALAND KIWIS

logo_kangaroos_aust.jpg
-v-
logo_kiwi_NZ.jpg

Game Thread:
* This is a game thread only. Only game posts can be made here - team lists, substitutions, and articles.
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.​

Naming Teams:
* 3 -V- 3 (+ 2 reserves for both teams)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named​

Kick Off: Tuesday 27th November 2012 (2100AEST)
Full Time: Tuesday 4th December 2012 (2100AEST)
Referee: Monk
Venue: ANZ Stadium​

gUt

Coach
I'll have a go, then (for Australia).

BRONCOS CONFIRM McSMEDLEY SELLING STAKE
By Mark Liar

The Brisbane Broncos have denied the club is in crisis after revealing that a Mr. Ken McSmedley had sold his stake in the Brisbane Broncos Limited.

McSmedley, a retired teacher from Arana Hills in Brisbane, released a statement via his accountant. In part, it reads “I felt it was time to cash in and get the wife something really nice for Xmas”.

It has been revealed that McSmedley, 68, first purchased a parcel of 6451 shares in the Broncos at the end of season 2007.

Using my contacts at NASA I have established that this means he spent approximately $2000 on his parcel of shares.

Speaking with me through the security grill of his modest three bedroom house, McSmedley was unrepentant.

“I spent approximately $2000 on Broncos shares as a bit of a lark back in 2007”, he expatiated. “I’ve always been a fan and thought that buying a piece of my club was a nice way to say thanks for all the pleasure they’ve given me.” he added.

I pressed him hard on why he was betraying the club now. “Well I never thought they’d make any money, in fact they’ve lost a bit. I just wanted some cash to get my wife Irene a nice piece of jewelry or something for Xmas” he confessed.

Using my contacts at MENSA I have approximated Mr. McSmedley’s loss to be in the order of hundreds of dollars.

In fact, this sordid and cynical exercise has in fact cost the model train enthusiast around $500, in fact.

“I lost about $500 on them shares but it’s only money.” he complained to me with a smile and a wink.

I accused Ken McSmedley of cynically using his perfect right to buy and sell shares whenever he likes to his own personal advantage.

Tellingly, he did not deny this.

“Of course I bloody did, you idiot!” he whispered to me. “Now get off my property!” he added.

It’s clear that there are serious problems with the finances of the NRL in this country.

Worryingly, crowds have dropped off 100% since the 2012 Grand Final.

Chillingly, Channel 9 has seen fit to run Test Cricket in place of rugby league on all its channels.

And who could forget that just last week the South Sydney Rabbitohs confirmed that millionaire part-owner Russell Crowe was making his 37.5% stake in the glamour club available for sale.

Fans of the glamour club were understandably nervous about who might wind up in control of the glamour club.

I put it to Mr McSmedley that he was in fact clearing the decks for a hostile takeover of the Rabbitohs, using the sale of his shares in the Broncos as seed money.

Tellingly, he did not deny this.

“I thought I told you to go away”, he opined. “This is harassment! Next time I’ll call the police!” he added.

Typically, the NRL is laying low but there would be some red faces down at NRL H.Q.

Such negative headlines as these are an unwelcome distraction as the code celebrated its appointment of a new CEO, a Welsh banker with the unusual name of David Smith.

However the question must be asked, if even a banker cannot foresee the sale of shares in a glamour club like the Brisbane Broncos, what hope is there for the code, going forward?

I asked Ken McSmedley his opinion on the matter as I was dragged away to a waiting police car by a couple of burly police men and their particularly unfriendly German Shepherd, Killer.

“I think the game is in great shape!” he admitted as he slammed his door for the last time. “Time to go shopping, Irene.” he added.

This is the typical response from a code in crisis – “nothing to see here”, “everything’s fine”, “you are trespassing”.

The Brisbane Broncos management could not be contacted for comment because the police confiscated my mobile phone.

Until then, tell em Mark sent ya!

MarkLiar.jpg

671 OWC

Monk

Referee
Marking this one now, may take a while because there are so many articles! :)

Monk

Referee
Australia vs New Zealand

Australia:

gUt - Broncos confirm McSmedley selling stake : 88
A very cheeky article taking a potshot at present day journalism. Taking a nothing story as a relentless journalist and turning it into a "Club in crisis" piece. It is done very well I might add.

-

-

New Zealand:

-

-

-

Australia 88 def New Zealand 0

POTM : gUt

gUt

Coach
I wasn't feeling confident about this one but somehow I pulled through. Thanks for the mark