What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 :: Grand Final Qualifier :: Ninjas v Dragons

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Hi guys

Getting slaughtered at work. I will get this done, but probably tomorrow morning.

I do apologise.

Drew

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sorry for butting in, I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed the articles by Godz Illa and edabomb (even though I got hooked after missing the 40/20!)

edabomb

First Grade
Thanks for the update Ref.

And cheers for the kind words LeagueNut - it was about the only decent idea I've had all season so great that someone enjoyed it :)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Before I start, I'd like to acknowledge that this is one of the best matches I've ever refereed. I can safely say the quality of the articles were phenomenal, and I enjoyed each one of them. I am still amazed at how, even in writing, people still manage to 'step up' for big games and ensure they put their best in.

Well done on both teams, and thank you for blessing me with such wonderful pieces of writing to mark, enjoy, and muse over.

ST GEORGE - 440

Godz Illa - 89
Very well written article. Loved the idea, and loved the Barney and Sauron reference; that made the entire article for me.

Slipper Morris - 82
Some quality points there. You make a good case for further investigation into the salary cap and its purposes.

Tanner Ave - 86
Very well articulated idea and article. I can't say I personally agree with it; I prefer the human element rather than letting computers take over. But your article is making me rethink my position, which shows the level of thought that has gone into it.

Everlovin' Antichrist - 91
As a Saints fan, I definitely agree with you. I know Johns is a grand player, but there's so many more who should be recognised before he. Provan is top of my list.

Willow - 92
Loved it. A very well written, tongue-in-cheek look at trolling and Robbie.

NINJA'S - 438

edabomb - 92
Really adventurous article, and you pulled it off. One of a kind, really. Great effort! One of the top 3 innovative articles this year, without a doubt!

Jamesgould - 87
Enjoyed it; clever, realistic and had some thought behind it and shows that success can corrupt even the most wide-eyed and bushy tailed of us all.

gUt - 83
Good review of the master class coaches from the late seventies to the current era.

joshie - 86
An impassioned article regarding the emotional roller coaster he has encountered since 2010. Enjoyable for the 'heart on sleeve' look at things.

CobyDelaney - 90
Quite interesting look at footy from a mathematical perspective. Intriguing, because I wonder how many people play the game for percentages, without the context of a player's importance. For instance, how does one statistically measure morale?!

St George, 440 defeat Ninjas, 438

BP
3 - edabomb and Willow
2 - Everlovin' Antichrist
1 - CobyDelaney

jamesgould

Juniors
Thanks for the marking Drew-Sta. Well done Dragons, based on performances throughout the year (as well as this game) you definitely deserved to win.

Bad luck Ninjas, we got a lot to work on next year.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Bad luck Ninjas, we got a lot to work on next year.

If I may be slightly encouraging, you have less to work on than you think. It's not often a 438 would get beaten; you simply came up against a red hot side with a few of their players really firing.

Keep plugging away, as based on this game and your results this year, you're going to be very challenging to beat next season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wow. That was close. Great team work fellow Saints. Now back into the sheds for the big one.

Thanks Ref, a fine piece of marking and cheers for the encouraging words.

Commisserations Ninjas. You have a great squad and an excellent captain. All the best in 2013. Some tremendous reads. Well played everyone. :clap:

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wasn't involved in this clash, but what a terrific game of F7's. Fantastic work to both sides & to Drew for reffing. Congratulations to Ninjas on an outstanding season.

edabomb

First Grade
Thanks to Drew-Sta for the detailed marks - also for getting them in while under the pump work wise.

Big congrats to the Dragons. I can confidently say we threw everything we had at you guys this match - you were just a bit too strong overall. Good luck in the big one.

Great effort Ninjas - defending the title was always going to be a massive effort and we almost got to the last stage. We can all be proud of a third place finish.

Monk

Referee
Very high quality game. Tough luck Ninjas but you went down swinging and nearly pulled it out of the bag.

Dragons, bring it on!

Bubbles

Juniors
Congrats to both teams on a really high quality game - awesome articles. Bad luck Ninjas; with a score of 438 you'd feel reasonably confident of a win and it says a lot about the quality of this comp that you guys still just got pipped! Congrats to Drags and we'll see you in the big one - game on!!!

Latest posts