What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 :: Grand Final :: Rabbitohs v Dragons

I know a Willow dressing room well. Behind the scenes in the St George sheds, there would have been an immense amount of planning.
Every person in the South Sydney squad stepped up this week and put in a full team effort. Every person contributed to another article, it was truly brilliant.

Good luck all.

HAHAHA! They thought this game was dead...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will mark this match tonight.

Apologies for the utter f**k up on my behalf regarding the refereeing of the match.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
SOUTHS – 445

eloquentEEL – League Speak – 750 words – 88
An amusing look at some frequently used phrases and terms exclusively in Rugby League circles and the proposition of new terms for future use. Very good.

byrne_rovelli_fan82 – Footy Affair – 749 words – 86
An interesting inside look into the life of a Rugby League player attending a large function. The ending seemed a little vague, but overall it was a great idea.

Bubbles – The Eyes Have It – 741 words – 89
A witty review of the 2012 NRL season. Be grateful you weren’t a Tigers fan, you would have ripped your eyes out before seasons end!

Marshall_magic – The House That Tim Built – 730 words – 92
The most unique and obscure form of writing I have ever read in this competition to describe the madness that has embroiled the Wests Tigers in 2012. Marvellous!

Monk – Bad Romance – 748 words – 90
The second most unique article I’ve ever read in the forum 7’s! A fan’s heart felt letter to his beloved team, reading like the words of a broken marriage. Beautiful!

DRAGONS – 446

Everlovin’ Antichrist – Follow The Yellow Brick Road? – 745 words – 89
A very well written piece about the two biggest blights game in the modern game in Australia. Wrestling and Referees.

Hutty1986 – All I Want For Christmas Is … - 749 words – 89
A Rugby League fans letter to Santa. Brilliant!

Tanner Ave – Like father, Like Son – 745 words – 91
A very deep and passionate piece about the argument between Rugby League great Garry Jack, and his AFL Premiership winning son Keiran.

Breathingfire – Try or no try? – 746 words – 87
An interesting viewpoint on the standard of refereeing in the modern game.

Willow – Lock it in, Eddie – 750 words – 90
A lever look at the latest broadcasting rights deal and the financial turmoil that surrounded Channel 9 after the deal was done.

DRAGONS 446 def SOUTHS 445

Player of The Match: Marshall_magic

Monk

Referee
Cheers for the marks unit!

So close... Congrats to the Dragons, what a fairytale finish for Willow, If anyone deserved this kind of send off it was you mate. You're an asset to this game. To the rest of the Red and White squad, you're all quality players, and you deserved this trophy for your hard work throughout the season. You guys played really well, so congratulations.

To the Bunnies, well we got within a whisker of winning the grand final, not too shabby hey? Guess we'll just have to go one better next season. We'll be sure to pick up the Willow Cup on our way there aswell.

On a side note, Dragons, would you be interested in a Charity Shield type of match during the pre season? Our trophy cupboard is quite bare.

- Also side note. Hutty, your article was one of my favourites of the season. Was going to mention it earlier but i didn't want to influence the refs marks. Brilliant stuff.

- Second side note, Congrats on POTM Marshall Magic, i knew the article was going to be a crowd favourite!

- Third side note - I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest and stomped on.

Last edited:
Cheers for the quick marking Unit, appreciate it.

Congratulations to the Dragons, you did a great job and were the best team all season.

As for the bunnies, so close yet so far away, but as they say, there's always next year.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Congrats Dragons, I guess you did get one over us, this one time. LOL. Well played to everyone. Enjoyed it, it's been a great year all around. Still so proud to be a Rabbitoh with all my fellow Bunnies team mates in this team. I've been with this lot, seems like forever and can't believe what we've done this year

Tanner Ave

Juniors
Get up! Thanks ref.
What a game, well done every one. Top shelf stuff.
Monk that was a bloody great piece, thanks to everyone for their articles. Great stuff.
This ones for the captain. Typical dragon fair tale stuff.

Bubbles

Juniors
Thanks for the quick marking unit and congrats to the Dragons - great team effort over the season and you got your just rewards!! I would like to add to Hutty too that yours has been one of my favourites for the season - really great. Also, congratulations to Willow on his stellar career - I have always enjoyed reading your articles.

To my fellow Rabbitohs, so proud of the way we all pulled together towards the end of the season - we'll be back, bigger and better next year! Huge congrats to MM for his MOTM performance!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref. Thanks everyone.

Such a close match and I take my hat to Souths. You'll be a force in 2013, no doubt about it.

To my fellow Saints. We did it!

:clap: Crownies all round and everyone is invited. :clap:

28p_crown_lager.jpg

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Well done Saints; a great showing!

Well done Souths; you guys were a phenomenal team all year :)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Wow!

What an incredible game of F7's-this would have to be the best game I have ever been involved with, incredibly competitive and of a top standard.

First of all, thanks very much to Unit for such quick marking.

To Souths, congratulations on a terrific season; each and every one of you is a great writer and you guys will be hard to stop next year (just as you were this year!).
Really appreciate the kind words said about my article, to be honest I wasn't sure how it would go but delighted with how it turned out.

As for my fellow Saints-You beauty! This one's dedicated to Willow and his years of amazing work and his leadership and help this year. Stoked to see the Dragons sneak home this year against a top-class opposition, well done to everyone on a cracking season!

edabomb

First Grade
Congrats to the Dragons. The trophy has been steam cleaned and is yours for a year :)

Well done to the Rabbitohs on their performance this season - perhaps a new Forum 7s super power in the works.