What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW ICCC - Sydney

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Anybody surprised by Moorebank knocking off Valley in A grade. or Penshurst belting the unbeaten Eaglevale in Res D1.
I'm more surprised with Penshurst's win. Valley beat Moorebank first time around but not by much.

***MH***

Bench
Yep, titans beat moorebank convincingly last week. Interesting to see the Rams knock off Valley

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Moorebank appear to be capable but very inconsistant. Two wins over 1st & 3rd, a couple of close losses and a couple of shockers.

footy59

Juniors
Moorebank appear to be capable but very inconsistant. Two wins over 1st & 3rd, a couple of close losses and a couple of shockers.

Trouble with Moorebank and it's been the same for years, is they get a lot of Army guys playing and just when you need them they are posted on a job or some exercise somewhere. At the start of the year they had enough for 2 teams, but couldn't hold them there.

***MH***

Bench
Auburn host Moorebank this Saturday afternoon at Lidcombe Oval. The match will follow after the NSW Cup game between Canterbury v Windsor.

LIDCOMBE OVAL (Church St, Lidcombe)
11:15 SS Auburn v Hills District 2*40ms
1:00 BRC Auburn v Windsor 2*40ms
3:00 NSW Canterbury v Windsor 2*40ms
4:40 A Gde Auburn v Moorebank 2*35ms

Rubber Toes

Juniors
A good afternoon of footy on saturday MH.
Berala Bears once played out of Lidcombe Oval, from memory, and lost the ground to afl about 10 - 15 years ago. Is that correct ? If that's right, what happened to the afl and when did Rugby League regain it's territory ?

footy59

Juniors
I remember one of my boys playing there in about 2002? against Berala Bears. But I dont know what happened after that. So that means Berala were still there 10 years ago but after that ???

footy59

Juniors
Auburn host Moorebank this Saturday afternoon at Lidcombe Oval. The match will follow after the NSW Cup game between Canterbury v Windsor.

LIDCOMBE OVAL (Church St, Lidcombe)
11:15 SS Auburn v Hills District 2*40ms
1:00 BRC Auburn v Windsor 2*40ms
3:00 NSW Canterbury v Windsor 2*40ms
4:40 A Gde Auburn v Moorebank 2*35ms

Is that right that ICCC AGrade only play 35mins each way?
I know reserve grade do, but thought 1st grade would be 40mins?

***MH***

Bench
A good afternoon of footy on saturday MH.
Berala Bears once played out of Lidcombe Oval, from memory, and lost the ground to afl about 10 - 15 years ago. Is that correct ? If that's right, what happened to the afl and when did Rugby League regain it's territory ?

Half correct. Berala ran into some difficulty with their club operations and lost the lease for Lidcombe Oval to Football NSW. West Sydney Berries were the previous tennants at Lidcombe Oval, whom have since moved to The Crest at Bass Hill.

Berala now operate from Peter Hislop Res, behind Auburn golf course.

Auburn Warriors are now the sole tennants of Lidcombe Oval.

Canterbury NSW Cup have hosted a few matches there of late because of the turf damage at Belmore Sports Ground (which was damaged because of Sydney Olympic Soccer overusing the fields during last months wet weather)

footy59

Juniors
Thank you MH ....Interesting reading and answers another question I could not understand. Penshurst were brought up from A res2 unbeaten and the ladder reflected that, but they were still lower on the ladder than their wins/losses would suggest. I just read the point that a team brought up from a lower grade will be placed in 4th position on the ladder but still keep their for and against.

An interesting rule, any opinions ?

Roland

Juniors
I reckon if a team is brought up they should keep their points. The other clubs were deemed to be of a higher class so they should be in the box seat to reel the promoted team in.

A team was dropped from Parra div 1 to div 2 as they were being beaten by 60 every week. They started off with no points but they are beating some div2 sides and moving up the table.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
It"s not just a matter of being deemed to belong in a division. Club nominations also play a part on where a team will play. I think for the most part, clubs honestly under estimate or over estimate their ability. In that case, I think teams should keep what they've earned. But, I think the rule is to discourage, for eg., a Div 1 capable team from securing a Div 1 semi final spot from Div 2 before being regraded. A team with a 6, 8 or 10 point start can be hard to pull back, especially if wash out rounds come into it. I think by dropping a team in 4th spot is saying, " If you're good enough you'll hold you're spot". Do I like the rule ? Yes & no. It's the first time I've come across it. I'll wait till the end of the season.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Seriously!! This is the only negative issue I have with the ICCC. There will be other codes being played all over Sydney but no League in 4 large districts. Unbelievable !

footy59

Juniors
I was going to make a joke about my front lawn being a bit wet this morning but wasn't game to mention it knowing the way the system is in the ICCC. I had a suspicion this would happen but thought not even the ICCC would call it off with the minimal rain we have had. Now I am just stunned at how farcical this rule is, approx 35 teams not playing all over the ICCC districts because ONE council wont let a blade of grass get put out of place.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can totally blame the balmain councils in this case. Balmain under 6-12 are still on and these are being played at the same grounds that the icc games would have been played