What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Squad & Ideal Lineup

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Might get flamed by some for this but I'm already keen for 2012 and what it holds :D

OUT: Jamal Idris (GLD), Chris Armit (PEN), Ben Roberts (PAR), Michael Hodgson & Andrew Ryan (nursing homes)

IN: James Graham (ESL)

OFF-CONTRACT end of 2011: Bryson Goodwin, Grant Millington, Mickey Paea, Junior Tia-Kilifi, Michael Lett, Gary Warburton, Heka Nanai

With that said, ideal 2012 lineup?

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett OR Bryson Goodwin
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis (c)
10. James Graham
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Dene Halatau

14. Mickey Paea
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Corey Payne
17. Joel Romelo

Coach: Jim Dymock

Fire away my Bulldoged friends!

dogslife

Coach
Yeah I'm already looking forward to next year. It's a bit sad that I said the exact same thing this time last year. Of those off contract players I'm pretty sure Goodwin, Paea and Millington will be the only ones staying. Warburton is ESL bound I think, and Lett has been told to look elsewhere, not sure about Junior, and Heka Nanai hasn't played FG since 08 anyway.

My line up would be almost identical to yours

1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Goodwin
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (c)
10. Graham
11. Payne
12. Pritchard
13. Halatau

14. Eastwood
15. Kasiano
16. Romelo
17. Paea

Not sold on Dymock as full time coach yet, maybe a bit wet behind the ears, and Kris Keating can piss off to the reggies where he belongs

ByRd

First Grade
My side would look like this:

1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Lett/Goodwin (not many options here, young Abou-Sleiman may be a bolter)
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Eastwood
13. Halatau

14. Kasiano
15. Paea
16. Taupau
17. Romelo

Taupau has to be in the side, in the limited time he got this year he was very impressive and he will be more effective being used out wide (especially with a prop rotation of Graham/Tolman/Kasiano/Paea) coming on for Franky and Eastwood.

ByRd

First Grade
I thought Goodwin re-signed for a year?? not that i really care cause i dont rate him but remember hearing it.

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
It's going to be tight in the forwards again. So many good players there. It's up to them to play to their potential. If we have the same issues next year as we did this year then we can officially take the blame away from Kevin Moore?

I think we need another outside back to complete the picture. There isn't much quality out there at the moment so I don't think we should buy for the sake of it.

My team will look like most of yours. I think Eastwood needs to have a better year in '12. He must still be injured or atleast mentally down. He could be the player to go out of the team if Graham, Taupau and the rest step up. Kasiano needs to work hard in the off season too.

mase11

Juniors
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman
6. Joel Romelo
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Sam Kasiano
13. David Stagg

14. Dene Halatau
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Martin Taupau

Corey Payne
Kris Keating
Grant Millington
Bryson Goodwin
Jonathon Wright
Tim Browne
Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson

Mickey Paea, Michael Lett, Trent Cutler might be worth keeping for extra depth as well.

Good looking team for next season great mix of youth and experience - i am really expecting Abou-Sleiman to stand up with a massive pre season and really come out of nowhere to make that vacant number 5 jumper his own similar to the way the likes of Lafai did when he was given his opportunity.

richies

Juniors
Might get flamed by some for this but I'm already keen for 2012 and what it holds :D

OUT: Jamal Idris (GLD), Chris Armit (PEN), Ben Roberts (PAR), Michael Hodgson & Andrew Ryan (nursing homes)

IN: James Graham (ESL)

OFF-CONTRACT end of 2011: Bryson Goodwin, Grant Millington, Mickey Paea, Junior Tia-Kilifi, Michael Lett, Gary Warburton, Heka Nanai

With that said, ideal 2012 lineup?

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett OR Bryson Goodwin
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis (c)
10. James Graham
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Dene Halatau

14. Mickey Paea
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Corey Payne
17. Joel Romelo

Fire away my Bulldoged friends!

from what I hear is goodwin 2012
turner 2012
possibly jnr 2012 as its seemed like ennis was suggesting he might get a run in 2012
dont know if mickey had re signed up yet or will?

ByRd

First Grade
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman
6. Joel Romelo
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Sam Kasiano
13. David Stagg

14. Dene Halatau
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Martin Taupau

Corey Payne
Kris Keating
Grant Millington
Bryson Goodwin
Jonathon Wright
Tim Browne
Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson

Mickey Paea, Michael Lett, Trent Cutler might be worth keeping for extra depth as well.

Good looking team for next season great mix of youth and experience - i am really expecting Abou-Sleiman to stand up with a massive pre season and really come out of nowhere to make that vacant number 5 jumper his own similar to the way the likes of Lafai did when he was given his opportunity.
I hope young Abou does, he has been excellent in the 20s this year. Im good mates with his older brother so it would be awesome if that happened.

Darren Britt

Juniors
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis (c)
10. James Graham
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Corey Payne

14. Mickey Paea
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Martin Taupau
17. Joel Romelo

mase11

Juniors
I hope young Abou does, he has been excellent in the 20s this year. Im good mates with his older brother so it would be awesome if that happened.

I really think he is capable of making the step up and becoming a fantastic winger for us - he has been superb for in the 20's this year and when you look at the players that are going to be fighting for the wing spot there is no one really there that has made the jumper their own. That number 5 spot is wide open and the players above him in Goodwin and Wright have proven to be solid backups their entire career so lets keep it at that - i think Abou has that "star" potential that the other guys don't.

Regardless of whether or not he is ready next season, i think his future at the club is going to be on the wing especially with Barba secured to a long term deal i just think he is too good of a player to be Barba's backup his whole career.

Packy

Bench
I think Wright has improved greatly on the wing. If he insn't going to get the centre spot I am happy for him to keep him wing spot.

We dersperately need to find a solid goal kicker somewhere too. I have no confidence in Turner kicking.

MatthewA

Juniors
Unfortunately guys, Mickey Paea is off to Hull KR for the next couple of years. It was confirmed by Peter Mulholland on his Twitter account.

MatthewA

Juniors
Yeah he is, but doesn't mean it isn't true. It's the blokes official twitter and he responded to a fan confirming that Paea had signed for 2 years with Hull.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Though i'd throw my 2 cents in:
1 Barba
2 Stevey T
3 J Moz
4 Lafai/Wright
5 Bryson/Lett/Abou-Sleiman (along with bobcats place i think this is gonna be our most contested spot)
6 Reynolds
7 Hodkinson
8 Tolman
9 Munster (ennis)
10 Graham
11 Tank
12 Foster/ Millington / Payne / Halatau
13 Iron man (Stagg)
14 Taupau
15 Clint
16 Kassiano
17 Hopefully Tim brown (just signed 3 year extension, has to get some game time)

18 Joel romelo.

Likely Bolters
Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson
Trent Cutler
Lachlan Burr

Unless we sign more players, i think that's gonna be pretty close to our team next year. BRING ON 2012 BABY!!!!

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Though i'd throw my 2 cents in:
1 Barba
2 Stevey T
3 J Moz
4 Lafai/Wright
5 Bryson/Lett/Abou-Sleiman (along with bobcats place i think this is gonna be our most contested spot)
6 Reynolds
7 Hodkinson
8 Tolman
9 Munster (ennis)
10 Graham
11 Tank
12 Foster/ Millington / Payne / Halatau
13 Iron man (Stagg)
14 Taupau
15 Clint
16 Kassiano
17 Hopefully Tim brown (just signed 3 year extension, has to get some game time)

18 Joel romelo.

Likely Bolters
Dale Finucane
Josh Jackson
Trent Cutler
Lachlan Burr

Unless we sign more players, i think that's gonna be pretty close to our team next year. BRING ON 2012 BABY!!!!

MatthewA

Juniors
My ideal 2012 round 1 team would be:

01. Ben Barba
02. Steve Turner
03. Josh Morris
04. Tim Lafai
05. Bryson Goodwin
06. Kris Keating
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. James Graham
09. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Greg Eastwood
13. David Stagg
-
14. Tim Browne
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Dene Halatau
17. Dale Finucane

- Rest of the squad in alphabetical order
Jake Foster
Josh Jackson
Michael Lett
Grant Millington
Corey Payne
Josh Reynolds
Joel Romelo
Martin Taupau
Junior Tia-Kilifi
Jonathan Wright

I would love to see Marty Taupau in there somewhere but I can't find room for him.

Browne deserves his chance and his a fantastic player. It was really tough not to give spots to Romelo, Millington, Payne, Taupau, Foster and Reynolds but I guess it shows we have a hell of a good team there on paper. It looks really top notch, the whole squad does. Plenty of depth, too.

Packy

Bench
I think that is closer to what we will see next year than most will put up, Matthew. I do think Reynolds will be kept in the 17 though.

Latest posts