What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Squad & Ideal Lineup

richies

Juniors
Hold on, did we nick Ratu Tagive from Saints? Or is this a different guy?

ratu tagive big tall and solid bugger --- winger /centre

other player you may or maybe not know

jnr roquica from w/tigers -- forward/centre
karl mc nichol - ex dog centre -- didn't play
trent cutler --- played half
ray maoujalli --- ? ex rooster/tiger cant remember --- his alright

why does leagueunlimited and only this website sometimes your typing away and then sometimes you typing goes back at the beginning or mixed up somewere in your sentece

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
I have all the images of the full NRL, NSW Cup and NYC head shots.. Permission to post? It has logos of the website in which it comes from...

I think I know the answer but anyway... ??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure
I have all the images of the full NRL, NSW Cup and NYC head shots.. Permission to post? It has logos of the website in which it comes from...

I think I know the answer but anyway... ??
Not sure they can be official if they come from the website you're referring to but each to their own.

FWIW, the answer is no. You know the channels to go through.

MatthewA

Juniors
They're from the Bulldogs, but we've been given permission to make them available to the public today and are the only site to do so. You know how I feel about the ridiculous censorship of the site under circumstances like these but I respect it. I won't post them up.

Timmah

Staff member
They're from the Bulldogs, but we've been given permission to make them available to the public today and are the only site to do so. You know how I feel about the ridiculous censorship of the site under circumstances like these but I respect it. I won't post them up.

It is not ridiculous censorship, nor is it "for the sake of it".

There are channels you can go through with the administration of the site in order to display links or promotions on this site for others, and you have chosen not to follow this up.

Personally, I feel that given they're from the Bulldogs officially, I don't see why you'd need to brand them with said website.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
FYI regarding the Tagive's

As I understand in Fiji - Ratu is a chiefly name.
So people of a certain standing carry it - for formal reasons.
A little bit like Sir.

Hence the mix up between him and his little brother - with the bulldogs.

MatthewA

Juniors
It is not ridiculous censorship, nor is it "for the sake of it".

There are channels you can go through with the administration of the site in order to display links or promotions on this site for others, and you have chosen not to follow this up.

Personally, I feel that given they're from the Bulldogs officially, I don't see why you'd need to brand them with said website.
I have gone through the channels and have followed it up. All approaches were denied by LU. So requests won't be made again and I won't post anything up regarding the said website.

The reason they are branded is because we've gone through the trouble of gaining the relationship we have with the club and are lucky enough to have been able to receive certain things that others can't. Given we're the first website to get these images and be aloud to use them as we please we are allowed to brand them to help get people into the site, something we deserve for the hard work we do and to recognise that we were the first to release them.

The fact that LU will deny any linking from ANY outside website is ludicrous. When news articles are posted from other sports websites, like Sports News First for example, the links are blocked out. I personally find that extremely silly. It's not like other websites are aiming to put LU down for the count.

I think that direct advertising, like banners and signature links and promotions, shouldn't be allowed and we wouldn't allow it on our website unless permission was asked and given first. But if something comes from a website, such as a photo, a news article or a video, and the said piece of media has the websites branding on it (As pretty much every website does) then it should be allowed. Those are just my opinions.

Like I said, they won't be posted here and I won't bring this up again. I'll follow the rules of LU, end of story.

Packy

Bench
For the record, I agree with you Matthew. It's petty. I literally post of about 10-15 different forums daily and another 10-15 occasionally. Sport, music and other shit and none of them are as precious as LU.

On the other hand, If you really wanted to post the images you could do so without any branding or watermarks, but you are as unwilling to budge as LU.

I am curious to know what happens if you mention the other site in passing? Does post get deleted? (will this post get deleted lawl?) That would be pretty childish as long as it wasn't trolling or directly promoting or pushing it. It's not like this is a f**kin war. People can look at 2 sites and enjoy both.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I have gone through the channels and have followed it up. All approaches were denied by LU. So requests won't be made again and I won't post anything up regarding the said website.
:? This issue has been dealt with multiple times in the past and you say similar things. Why is now any different? You won't post anything up regarding it yet just 24 hours ago you asked for permission to? :?
The fact that LU will deny any linking from ANY outside website is ludicrous. When news articles are posted from other sports websites, like Sports News First for example, the links are blocked out. I personally find that extremely silly. It's not like other websites are aiming to put LU down for the count.
Any outside website? You've named two. Get a bit of perspective.

Fact is, items from many websites are posted on LU as a matter of course and the management isn't in the business of discouraging content. It is, however, the want of LU to promote LU. Promoting other similar sites (i.e. ones that have supporter forums that could take traffic away from here) is not helpful to LU's cause and of course they're not going to allow obvious and clear promotion (which branded player head shots are).

I'm not across the SNF decision and won't comment on it, but apart from that and another Bulldogs forum, can you name other places LU seemingly bans? Hysterical sums it up mate.

I think that direct advertising, like banners and signature links and promotions, shouldn't be allowed and we wouldn't allow it on our website unless permission was asked and given first. But if something comes from a website, such as a photo, a news article or a video, and the said piece of media has the websites branding on it (As pretty much every website does) then it should be allowed. Those are just my opinions.
It's actually quite rare for other websites to carry branding of items that are generally posted on LU. For most news articles you see posted on the site, the website is credited in a link and that's pretty much it.

Like I said, they won't be posted here and I won't bring this up again. I'll follow the rules of LU, end of story.
Good to hear, I don't want to have to do this all over again.

For what it's worth, I've trekked across and checked them out and I love them. Very good work and you're right, the hard work deserves credit.

ByRd

First Grade
Well im hoping he does but it looks like Jono Wright has the nod right now as he is apart of the stronger line up for the trial on Sunday. IMO it will come down to trial form but Lafai is the superior player and should be there.