What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 will be Mini's last year for us

adamkungl

Immortal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...eran-minichiello/story-e6frexnr-1226278765193

ANTHONY Minichiello and the Sydney Roosters will split after this year. The Daily Telegraph has been told Minichiello - off contract after the 2012 season - will not be re-signed.
However the star fullback, who has played in five NRL grand finals, wants to continue playing - either in the NRL, English Super League or French rugby union.
Minichiello has played 227 games for the Roosters, 18 Tests for Australia and 11 State of Origin games.
"I am keeping my options open," Minichiello said.
Burning down the house: NRL launches 2012 season

"Ideally I would like to stay with the Roosters but I will see what offers come in and see who is interested. No doubt I want to play on. The body feels great.
Play The Telegraph Sportsbet.com.au Supercoach 2012
"With the limited games I played (through injury) I feel I can extend my career. I'm not going to retire. I will make my own decision."
Minichiello, who represented NSW just last year, has played in five grand finals for the Roosters - 2000, 2002-04 and 2010. He helped his club win the '02 decider against the Warriors.
Phil Rothfield: McIntyre system booted
Roosters skipper Braith Anasta also comes off contract at the end of this season and has plenty of supporters at the club, but no decision has yet been made to re-sign him. Roosters management will have to fight to retain another off-contract star this season, aggressive forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.
Play Kennards Hire NRL Tipping 2012
The Roosters continue their preparations for what should be a fiery round one match against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Monday week.

We all know it needs to happen but f**k it's gonna be sad to see him go. Hope he goes out on a much better note than Fitzy did.

If he plays on I hope it isn't for another NRL club...would be gutted to have him playing against Easts

Monk

Referee
I can see him going to England, definitely wouldn't want him at another NRL club.

Ozzy

First Grade
I think we will see him in England or French Rugby. I don't think he could play against us. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a conditioning coach for us when he finally hangs up his boots.

Valheru

Coach
I highly doubt he would play against us and also can't really see another club signing him. I hope he ends things on a high with a massive crowd at his last home game vs Wests and hopefully a finals appearance.

kiwiaus

Juniors
Like everyone else I would hate to see Mini play against us. He has been one of my fav's and it will be sad to see him go when it happens.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Minichiello will not play for another NRL club. No chance.

This is the only drawback from this upcoming NRL season in knowing this is the last time I will see one of the Roosters Greatest players run out of the mighty Sydney Roosters. Mini is a great, great club man that will leave a huge void. I liken his leaving to that of Luke Ricketson's retirement.

Will Minichiello play in the UK? It's unlikely though I can't rule it out. I know he has a pretty good thing going off the field so he may be content to call it a day whilst remaining tied with the club in an ambassador role.

undertaker

Coach
Minichello hasn't played much footy over the past few years whilst being paid large money. I'm surprised he is still playing. However, he was terribly unlikely to have copped that spear tackle from Luke MacDougall (I think) in 2006. He was never the same player after that.