What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Draw wishlist

Big Sam

First Grade
Given this is the first day of the off-season for all 16 teams, I thought it would be good to discuss next season. In particular the fixtures and which teams we want our clubs to play and when to boost attendances. So a few questions:

Which teams do you want to play on particular dates and in particular timeslots especially now that we have an additional timeslot for half the season of 6.30pm on Sundays?

Fans of the merged clubs - which teams do you want to play at each of your home grounds?

Firstly, I'd like to see the NRL not schedule our derbies with Easts on Monday again. Whilst I was still able to attend both, not having them on a Friday or Sunday took about 10k off each of the crowds this year.

Also I'd like to see us and other Sydney clubs play those non-NSW teams with poor away support earlier in the year when it's warmer and you still haven't lost interest in your team. For example, we hosted Canberra on a cold Friday night this year and drew our worst crowd of the season. Had we hosted them in March with more favourable conditions, we'd have drawn +15k.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Play the dragons twice. We'll even play them both at their home ground if we have too. It'd be nice to have 4 byes in a year

beave

Coach
just give us all Saturday night timeslots and minimal home games in the first 6 weeks during the wet season.

The better crowd drawers in NQ are Brisbane, GC, Storm, Doggies, Tigers. The Easter sunday night game against the Storm this year with the public holiday the next day was a raging success and should be looked at again.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For the Bulldogs

- Dogs to repeat Mackay experiment, with a different club
- Storm at HOME (ANZ Stadium).
- More Sunday arvo footy
- Keep Good Friday CBY v SOU clash. Could become a 50k+ event
- Teams we play once be mid-season instead of start or end (e.g. Penrith or Canberra in 2012).
- Would like to play STGI at Kogarah. It's been four years next year.
- Wishful thinking - an NRL game at Belmore.

Other clubs:

- At least 5 games taking a game to Bluetongue, including a Canterbury away match.
- SOU v SYD back to Friday night or Sunday arvo for both games
- StGI to spread home game split instead of two blocks
- StGI to host Canberra. Sick of this hoodoo bullshit lol
- 2 x games in Perth, 1 x game in Adelaide, 1 x game in Wellington or other NZ
- If the Roosters repeat Darwin, DO IT IN WINTER, and NOT AGAINST THE COWBOYS

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Can anyone tell when the draw is expected to be announced?

With the fixed schedule I have a winter trip to Townsville to plan.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Also for Canberra, more night games... the crowds will come when we win games... we will win games by playing at night in australian winter.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nib stadium will be finished around June time so hopefully we will get the three games we have been promised from then in perth and a Sunday 4:30pm (6:30pm est) would be great. Souths will bring a game, manly are sure too after last years success and I'd like to see Melbourne bring a game as well.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm told November for the release. Apparently it's a different process this year.

Not sure if we'll get the schedule with the draw though.

Big Sam

First Grade
A few more for us:

- have a home game in the last round. This hasn't happened since 2007
- play WT at the SCG and not Allianz.
- if applicable, make GC the Perth home game. I think we'd actually now draw a good crowd at home to Brisbane.

Also agree with Timmah that we must lock in Souths v Dogs for every Good Friday afternoon with the home team alternating each year like ANZAC Day.

Speaking of ANZAC Day, Warriors should host Melbourne for a change rather than it being always Melbourne's home game.

Timmah

Staff member
WT at the SCG comes down to construction at the moment. Not sure if the new stands will be ready in time for R5

Apey

Staff member
Please, Melbourne storm to Newcastle. Hasn't happened in like three years.

Yes please. Much rather than this than down in Melbourne...

I wish the Knights would take games back to Bluetongue but they're not going to are they?

Also would like to not have to play teams like Manly & Broncos twice for a change.

Home ground split I would like (obviously who we don't play at home hasn't been decided)

SFS
Brisbane (Good Friday, got close to 20k this year despite us being 1-5 at that point)
Bulldogs (draw well)
Dragons (if either team is doing well, it will draw well)
Souths (Heritage Round, possible move to SCG)

Leichhardt
Storm (we usually beat them there)
Raiders
Sharks (Round 1 again)
Cowboys (Rivalry Round)

Campbelltown
Eels
Panthers (2 Western Sydney games at Cambelltown, they will draw well on a Sat/Sun)
Roosters (this fixture got close to 20k in 2010)
Sea Eagles

Ausguy

Coach
Id prefer the sharks dont get screwed over again... starting with NOT having 7 Monday night matches.

Red Bear

Referee
For the Bulldogs

- Dogs to repeat Mackay experiment, with a different club
- Storm at HOME (ANZ Stadium).
- More Sunday arvo footy
- Keep Good Friday CBY v SOU clash. Could become a 50k+ event
- Teams we play once be mid-season instead of start or end (e.g. Penrith or Canberra in 2012).
- Would like to play STGI at Kogarah. It's been four years next year.
- Wishful thinking - an NRL game at Belmore.

Other clubs:

- At least 5 games taking a game to Bluetongue, including a Canterbury away match.
- SOU v SYD back to Friday night or Sunday arvo for both games
- StGI to spread home game split instead of two blocks
- StGI to host Canberra. Sick of this hoodoo bullshit lol
- 2 x games in Perth, 1 x game in Adelaide, 1 x game in Wellington or other NZ
- If the Roosters repeat Darwin, DO IT IN WINTER, and NOT AGAINST THE COWBOYS
This is the first year in a while neither Kogarah or Win have had construction on them so you'd imagine it will be relatively well split.

On that note there seems to be a few clubs we havent had down in Wollongong in forever, be nice to get a few different sides this year.