What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NSW Cup

shiznit

Coach
WTF is up with this Fox Sports bullshit...

We normally get the C9 feed... I hope this doesn't carry over to the NYC... I hate there biased commentators.

Spud

Juniors
Despite the game being played, we still see more of Mark O'Neill's head then the action during his interview

Puntastic

Juniors
Yeah the 4 players from Melbourne that played today were good.

As a Penrith supporter who has never complained about this to date...

It's a tad ironic that they kind of were the best players on the field :cool:

But congratulations. Very classy performance.

Also congratulations to us for signing Peachy :D

So hard to be frustrated right now.

Windsor grand finalists + u20s champions.

I'm happy :lol:

BOMAR

Juniors
It's not about where they were signed from, it's about who is paying them now. Fact remains that Cronulla would not be able to afford those 4 guys in their salary cap. Not to mention Finch, and the other Melbourne players used throughout the year. Wouldn't really be any different to Windsor borrowing 4 players from Wenty or Tigers really.

cb4

First Grade
It's not about where they were signed from, it's about who is paying them now. Fact remains that Cronulla would not be able to afford those 4 guys in their salary cap. Not to mention Finch, and the other Melbourne players used throughout the year. Wouldn't really be any different to Windsor borrowing 4 players from Wenty or Tigers really.

I disagree, thoroughly.

Junior Moors, Young Tonemapea, Kirisome Auva'a and Sosia Vave are all on 2nd tier contracts.

As is Brett Finch, Ben Hampton, Dayne Weston, Slade Griffen ect.

Cronulla Dan Moroko, Rodney Coates, Junior Roqica and Tony Gigot miss the grand final. All on 2nd tier contracts.

The agreement that was reached with NSWRL was that Melbourne could provide up to 6 players to us at a time, as long as they were on 2nd tier contracts.

siv

First Grade
I disagree, thoroughly.

Junior Moors, Young Tonemapea, Kirisome Auva'a and Sosia Vave are all on 2nd tier contracts.

As is Brett Finch, Ben Hampton, Dayne Weston, Slade Griffen ect.

Cronulla Dan Moroko, Rodney Coates, Junior Roqica and Tony Gigot miss the grand final. All on 2nd tier contracts.

The agreement that was reached with NSWRL was that Melbourne could provide up to 6 players to us at a time, as long as they were on 2nd tier contracts.

The issue is that those 6 at other clubs are not fringe FG players but fringe RG playets

cb4

First Grade
There is no issue at all.

The Melbourne Winger is a fringe RG as well, he is on par with Moroko but we have to give him a run.

Auva'a has not played first grade and isn't in Melbournes plans as he is not contracted.

Junior Moors has played 50 first grade games but will hardly get a run at Melbourne.

Same as Dayne Weston.

Slade Griffen has played 0 first grade games.

Ben Hampton got taken from us and moved to Easts Tigers when he looked to have potential.

The only one that made a lick of difference was Brett Finch and he didnt play after round 16.

The team list gets submitted on a tuesday and signed off by NSWRL, so there is no issue at all.

This agreement has been happening for 3 years, but only this year we win it, other supporters blow up.

You should have blown up in 2011.

Latest posts